Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member Monthly medal winner

Default Veeman vs Tourfit MP champ 2011

Fit come on let get this done.
    Were do you want to play?... by the time we decide it will be Xmas.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Thanks.

Blog Entries

well done Fit.

BTW those other ferrules arrived today, so i'll drop by about lunch time or so tomorrow to drop the off and grab that hybrid. good for you?
    long and soft

GL: 6011911179

Thanks...& yep, that's OK.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Good work Fitty. I told you that you'd take him.

Member Monthly medal winner

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Good work Fitty. I told you that you'd take him.
    At least I beat you JC that is as good as winning..... Fits Iron play was too good..... my putting kept me in the game

Thanks Nuffie for the text at 5.30am

Hey fit next time let me share the cart with you I am stuffed today

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    I know YOU didn't pick me Nuff . Thank God you didn't though, I like my sleep.

5.30am...WTF? Seriously?
    That's a result of my poor organisational skills. Should have messaged him whilst at camp the evening before, not when I was on the bus to site and about to lose phone reception for the next 12 hours.

BTW, JC would love the putt putt course at Spinnifex Camp. Next trip up here I'm bringing the glowsticks. Next swing up here is skins putt-putt putt-off!
    Last edited by Nuffie; 19th December 2011 at 03:13 PM.

Jetspeed 9.5 Fubuki Zeta Tour 60g S
    Jetspeed 15 Matrix VeloxT 65g S
    Jetspeed 3 hyb 19 Matrix VeloxT 69g S
    CG588 4i-PW TT Action Lite 85 R
    RTX588 48/8, 54/8 and 60/8 TT Action Light
    Ghost Tour Putter
    Project a
    http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapH..._no=6011993172

Quote Originally Posted by veeman View Post
    At least I beat you JC that is as good as winning..... Fits Iron play was too good..... my putting kept me in the game Thanks Nuffie for the text at 5.30amHey fit next time let me share the cart with you I am stuffed today
    Nothing against you T, I just thought Fit was due.Nuff, speaking of mini golf, you still owe me.$7.

OK...here's a bit more of a match report for you guys (if you're interested?)

Lakes 18.... Veeman off 8. Me off 10. Shots on 5 & 17.

1 ) Veeman put the pressure on from shot 1. Driver straight up the middle, just level with the end of the left bunkers. I hit 3W up the guts also. We both missed the green, I kicked off left, and Vee went long. Both failed to get up & down after both missing 5-6 footers. HALVED in 5's.

2 ) Veeman again hit driver, and cut it too much. Ran wide right and blocked himself out a little. I hit a solid 3W down the left side of the fairway. Vee made a good recovery shot into the grassy swale to the front left of the green. I hit a full PW from 115m to about 8ft or so. Vee failed to get his first flop shot out of the swale and then did so with his 2nd attempt. He then missed his putt. I had two putts for a win and so he conceded. TF 1up.

3 ) I hit 5W on the Par 5 to give me the widest landing area and flushed it. Straight into the bunker I was attempting to avoid! Vee also hit the bunker with his driver (although further up the length). I then hit 5W again from a good lie and with no lip. Pulled it left into the scrub line and a bare lie about 100m short. Vee hit an iron and then a solid approach to the back half of the green. My third was another slight pull left, but kicked off the mounding on the side of the green. I had an uphill lie and a mound in front of me and then straight downhill to the flag. I would have been happy with anywhere inside 8ft...but chipped it in for a birdie. That left Veeman with about 40ft for the half, which went close but ran 6ft past. TF 2up.

4 ) Pin was front right (easiest placement) and about 162m. I hit a solid 6 iron about 20ft just right and slightly short. Vee was close by but just off. His first putt came up a bit short, and I missed my birdie chance. His 2nd putt was solid as a rock for a 3. HALVED in 3's.

5 ) 3 Wood for me but over cut it and thought I would be dead. Veeman hit driver down the left and was a little too far left. He had to chip out and advanced it about 50m. I found mine on the right edge of the FW and a little further up than I thought. Lucky. Had 175m to a pin right in the centre of the green (right behind the big swale). I had to hit a big cut to get to the flag, but instead played for the left side. Again, I over cut it and put it in the swale. Vee hit his third to the left side with a solid iron shot (where I was hoping to be). I hit a PW into the slope, trying to kill it and trickle it over the hill. Too hard and went past by 12-14ft. Missed the par putt, as did Veeman. I won due to the shot he had to give me!!! TF 3up.

6) I hit driver for the 1st time...fade over the right hand bunkers. Right side 'rough', but lie was fine. Vee hit a good solid drive up the middle. He then topped it about 80m with his iron. I took 5W, trying to fly the uphill bunkers on the left and get the downslope, but hit it fat and into the bunkers! Veeman's third went left over the hill and short left of the green. My third was a good 7 iron from the trp that landed pin high but kicked over the right hand edge of the green. Another tough up & down with downhill all the way to the cup! Veeman chunked his 4th just short and then chipped a beauty to a foot. I hit an OK flop to about 8 feet and had the chance to win the hole but missed the slider for a par. HALVED in 6's.

7 ) 171m. I hit another solid 6 iron, right on the flag that landed and kicked left to about 12 feet. Vee's shot came up short of the green on an upslope. His chip landed about a foot short of where he wanted it and left him a tricky 6ft putt for a 3. I had the birdie putt again for a win, but it just slid past. Veeman then easily canned his par putt. HALVED in 3's.

8 ) I hit 3W, attempting to go over the bunkers on the inside of the dogleg. Hit a high, hooky one into the far left bunker. Vee just caught the lip of the last right hand bunker. He was blocked out by the big tree and laid up. I hit the face of the steep pot and also came up short in 2. Veeman hit a very nice approach to the pin on the back left ledge, whilst my pitch came up short. I missed the par putt and took bogey. Tony missed his par putt also. HALVED in 4's.

9 ) Another solid 3W off the tee down the left side of the fairway for me, and Tony pulled his driver into the edge of the trees. He pitched it forward from an awkward stance/lie. I tried to hit a knockdown 9 iron, into the wind, to a back left pin, but it kicked off the ridge in the green down to the middle section. Vee's 3rd landed just short of the front left bunker and he chipped up to about 5 feet behind the hole. I rushed my uphill/downhill breaking putt about 5 ft past. Tony calmly holed the 5ft straight down the slope for a 5, but I managed to hole my uphill par putt. TF 4up.
    Last edited by TourFit; 19th December 2011 at 03:38 PM.

Nothing against you T, I just thought Fit was due.Nuff, speaking of mini golf, you still owe me.$7.
    The way 'Fit was hitting his irons he was due. At least 6 I reckon inside 10ft. Tony was just "off" all day. A single bad shot or awkward lie was enough on a few holes to cost him the shot and the win. 5 putts dead in the centre and short on the slow (but true) greens didn't help either.

And since 'Fit has posted up the back nine yet, let me be the first to say HOSELROCKET!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Ha! Had to be at least one.

Nuff, speaking of mini golf, you still owe me.$7.
    Sorry aboot dat Sorrocks. Who could forget that insane display of putt putt at Bunbury?

Will you be venturing in an Ellenbrook direction for any trips, anytime during the next few weeks? Maybe we should organise that family day that ID was harping on a few weeks back. Vic and I can host guests in the BBQ and pool areas at the Vines. Its an awesome place to relax, drink and eat.

I've been meaning to also arrange a hit around The Vines with a few of the Hartfield lads and catch up with some ppl for Christmas over some cold ones. I can sort the $$$ out then, or PM me your bank details and I'll send it this afternoon.

Ghost Tour Putter
    Project a

Quote Originally Posted by Veefore View Post
    The way 'Fit was hitting his irons he was due. At least 6 I reckon inside 10ft. Tony was just "off" all day. A single bad shot or awkward lie was enough on a few holes to cost him the shot and the win. 5 putts dead in the centre and short on the slow (but true) greens didn't help either.

And since 'Fit has posted up the back nine yet, let me be the first to say HOSELROCKET!
    Quote Originally Posted by idgolfguy View Post
    Ha! Had to be at least one.
    Actually, there were 2.

Veefore mentioned the word on the 10th when Tony did it. I did it for my 2nd on 12...although it was a downhill, hanging lie in rough. So hardly surprising. Luckily for me I did'nt catch quite as much neck and so it didn't end up as bad as his!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Dirty S'ocks will want the cash today Nuff! Don't make him send around the "Bois"
    Pieface, no longer the resident chopper, giant fweak. Lives in a pineapple under the sea
    witb?

Nuff...Sore-rocks driving from his place to Ellenbrook for $7 makes about as much sense as you wishing Veeman well via text at 5.30am!!!

It's all good nuff. We'll have a hit over Xmas.

It's all good nuff. We'll have a hit over Xmas.
    'tis the season for giving. Good job.

Nuff...Sore-rocks driving from his place to Ellenbrook for $7 makes about as much sense as you wishing Veeman well via text at 5.30am!!!
    Haha... THAT comment's worth paying even more the 'snake season' one.

The drive will be worth it for the facilities and the guest deals

Ghost Tour Putter
    Project a

'tis the season for giving. Good job.
    The only giving is an interest free period.

So you'd play with Nuff...but you just won't have any interest?

OK...Pt2 of the match report!

10 ) I hit driver (had been contemplating 3W) and hit it right, and it bounced down into the hazard (never used to be a hazard BTW!). Veeman hit a nice drive again and was down the left side. I decided that the risk of playing back to the fairway was too much, considering the lie and overhanging branches, so I took a penalty drop. Veeman hit his approach to the top of the hill and pulled it slightly, just short and left of the fairway pots. I hit a nice 6 iron which went over the hill and must've kicked slightly right. I had a good lie in some fluffy rough which left me 99m into the wind. Tony then did the hoselrocket from 140 or so, which shot over the right hand greenside bunker, bounced off the cart path and into some scrubby lie under a big tree. I hit what I thought was a great PW, right on line, only to find it was a bit of a flyer and so ended up 35ft behind the pin. Tony's first chip from wide right came up short of the green, then he chipped on and ran 8-10ft by. He'd been holing these ALL day, so I assumed he would continue. I lagged it up from 35ft to within a foot and Veeman, unusually, missed his putt! TF 5up.

11 ) I pulled driver into the wind over the shortish left bunker and down into a bare sandy patch just shy of the thick scrub! A bit lucky. Veeman hit his best drive of the day. Over the little hill and just right of the left hand bunker. I got to my ball and had no real shot. I pitched out with a 7 iron and expected to see it emerge in the centre of the fairway, only for it to be caught up in the thick rough at the base of the paperbark on the left FW (at the base of the hill past the left pot). I thought I had no shot again. Tony hit a solid iron to the left centre of the green, with the pin in the front. I had 125 or so into the wind and a slight uphill lie from some thickish rough. Hit a good 8 iron (probably the best iron I hit all day) to about 10 ft or so. Vee made a good solid two putt from 40ft or so, and I managed to hole out for a half! HALVED in 4's.

12 ) Again, I hit driver and flared it right. Over the right hand pots and left it on a hanging, downhill lie in the kike rough. Tony pulled his driver into the left pot. His 2nd was fat, and went to the front section of the same pot. I hit 'my shank' to the right of the greenside bunkers, and he pitched out some 30m short of the green. I was left with another tricky flop shot, over a bunker & downhill all the way to the hole, which was front left. I managed to leave it on the underside of the hole and leaving an uphill putt. Tony hit an exquisite chip to about 8" short. I then had about a 10 ft putt for par, but hit my worst putt for the day. Left it about 2ft short and left to right. Vee (correctly) made me putt it and was almost justified when it just dropped in the right hand side after diving straight right after impact (a lot of slope). HALVED in 5's.

13 ) ANOTHER 6 iron. I hit so many during the round. Pin was at the back, on the rear ledge. Got it good and solid and it just went left slightly on the breeze. About 12-14ft, and on the correct tier. Veeman came up a bit short at the front of the green. His first putt, from about 50ft+ and a LOT uphill came up some 8ft or so short and I thought I was in with a chance. I hit a good putt on exactly the line I read and left it sitting right next to the left edge. A safe three though & ultimately no damage done. As usual Vee banged it straight in the centre for a very good 2 putt from where he was, and kept the match alive. (That dude can putt!) HALVED in 3's & DORMY 5.

14) I just decided to play safe, downwind, taking the right bunker out of play, and hit 3 iron just short of the ridge in the fairway. Exactly where I wanted it to be. Tony skied his 3W and got it about 100-120m down the middle. His next shot was probably the best shot of the day. Hybrid from 205m or so, that landed on the left side of the sunken central portion of the green and funnelled right down to the flag. About 8-10ft I'd say! I hit an 8 iron and came up a little short, but in the middle section also. I had a slight rush of blood on the straight downwind putt (about 35ft) and put it by 5-6ft. Tony missed birdie, so I had the nasty little downhill slider for a half and win 5&4. Missed on the LOW side (too low...way too low!). DORMY 4.

15 ) Again, Veeman hit his drive well, down the left side and toward the 2 bunkers. I took 3W downwind, and hit my worst shot of the day. A big, high ropey hook into the boonge (where still it lies). My provisional went exactly where I wanted the 1st one to be. Veeman hit a very solid iron into the tough front pin which ended up 20ft or so past but leaving an uphill putt. I hit my 9 iron fat (short) and failed to chip in from the front of the green. Conceded. DORMY 3.

16 ) I think Vee was playing for the fade (?) but it didn't move much and was in the centre portion of the left of the green. The pin was about 170m, right behind the front bunker, at the base of the slope. I just went for it with 6 iron (surprise, surprise). Again, I was pretty happy and it landed just behind the hole and rolled out to about 12-15ft. Again, Tony hit a great long range putt down the slope to a couple of feet and again, I missed my birdie putt. But it was close enough to ensure the half. TF 3 & 2.

At that point, we had caught up to a few groups in front who'd been holding us up for most of the back 9. There was a group on 17 tee, a group in the FW, another on the green and another on 18 tee. It would've taken an hour to play 17 & 18, so we didn't bother! Went for a drink instead (much better).
    Last edited by TourFit; 19th December 2011 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Congrats fit, unlucky vee.

Although I am sure veeman and all of us are a little relieved that the nuffie adulation can stop now. That is if he can remove his nose from veemans arsecrack.

Will this victory be celebrated sitting at a table with Cosmo, swirling red wine, listening to Peter Gabriel?
    Please explain

Blog Entries

They are all very adult things to do cosmo. Boys don't talk to girls.

Cosmo, just JC poking some fun, as usual.

Don't take ANY notice of him. Unfortunately though, it won't make him go away!

Nice work Mr Adidas.

What was the outfit worn for the match ??
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Thread Information