Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Anyone know any golfers in Indonesia?

Am off to Jakarta to stay with the inlaws and whilst the Missus is happily chatting and shopping I am going to sneak off and play golf as often as I can. The internet is very helpful, I can use it to find golf courses anywhere and the greenfees are dirt cheap , like <$30.

Am also going to be hanging out Yogyakarta and Bali for a few days as well, can travel anywhere for a hit. Yes i know about all the fantastic courses are in Bali, and am going there first also, but I am not likely to play there, unless i can hook up with locals golfers or events.

Would be nice though if I could get some local info from anyone you might know, not looking for any special favours, just some tips regarding any events, golf societies or idgolf.net days and the like
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

yes i know a couple of very keen golfers in Jakarta
    The are members of Tee set golf

http://www.teesetgolf.com/

or you could email him pm me if you want his email, he is a friend of mine from the gold coast who now lives in Jakarta just mention me.
    Last edited by golfbound; 9th November 2011 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks Ben, got some info from Teeset, Geoff & Sam last night, and also www.rafflesgolfbali.com The latter is a great opportunity, they play 3 times a week at New Kuta and twice a month elsewhere, greenfees of $60-70, thats less than half price. I have played in golf societies before in Bangkok so will enjoy that.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Geoff played with Shavey and I a couple of weeks ago at Lakeland Sam is his son they are top people we look after there house here on the coast

Thats funny! I was planning on posting this question long ago. Would have been nice to meet him first to get some tips.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Can you take a boogie board over there for me?
    Forum needs more banter.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Thats funny! I was planning on posting this question long ago. Would have been nice to meet him first to get some tips.
    Yeah he comes over every October but im sure if you email him he will reply to you do you want his email

Ben, i have already being in contact with geoff and sam, thanks

SMS, now why the hell would i want to take a boogie board when my brother owns a surf shop over there?
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 9th November 2011 at 11:33 PM.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Ben, Your mate Geoff and TeeSet have pulled of an unlikely guest for next week, but not me.

News hot off the press is that USA pro golfer John Daly will be joining Tee Set this Sunday at Gading Raya. Apparently John is at a loose end after walking out of the Australian Open today immediately after hitting 7 consecutive balls into the water on hole 11. Such an achievement more then qualifies John for an invitation to join Tee Set which he promptly took up. Apparently one of our Tee Set die hards has been Twittering an invite to drop by Jakarta on his way back to the States, to check out the cewek caddies here. Appearance fees have been negotiated and all we need to supply are his booze and cigars for the weekend. He’ll take care of all his ‘other’ requirements. Many thanks to Geoff Thwaites of PT Kojo who has kindly offered to sponsor the cost of John’s vices for the weekend.

So come on out this Sunday to Gading Raya and observe how the pros can meltdown just as easy as us mire weekend warriors. And if a John Daly melt down is not a big enough draw card what about the mouth watering match play showdown between the bell of Rainbow Hills, Siska Selby, playing off a Tee Set handicap of 29!!!, up against our very own Graham Geelong McGeady. The winner of this match play will likely go on to be our 2011 match play champ so come on out and soak up the excitement.

A number of players have already confirmed their participation this Sunday but in order to give the starter every opportunity not to stuff it up the groupings, I need accurate numbers. So please drop me a line if you intend to come out. Tee time is 11AM sharp.
    --
    Handy-Cap

So are you going to play in this Blakey

No, unfortunately not on holidays yet, wish it was, there is a huge international open golf championship being held next week, part of the South East Asian games. My first Sunday in JKT will be the 11th Dec, so I will be playing with TeeSet then, they have their annual championships so should be a huge day at Pangkalan Jati. Funny that after all this time and so many courses to play on now, it is the only course I have played on before.The good thing about that is, I have a score to settle with a couple of holes, and I will know the distances better so I wont almost hit an Admirals wife nor hit a greens staff chick in the arse again, she was hiding in the trees long on a dogleg. That latter one cost me about $5 in compensation, but I suspect that may have been a fabrication
    --
    Handy-Cap

A bit late but just joined.

There is another good golf social club in Indonesia based in Bali and operates out of New Kuta Golf Club.

They do have some away games twice a month at the other courses in Bali, Nirwana, Bali Handara and Bali Beach (Sanur).

Bali Golf and Country Club (Nusa Dua) closes down as of 15 of February for major renovations. &

Will be closed for at least 12 months.<

Website for info about the social club in Bali is at http://rafflesgolfbali.com/

Thread Information