Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Brand new Callaway X tours going cheap on Ebay

1 hour to go in bidding, and these are "only" up to $800! I wonder how much they'll go for ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

if it gets near $1200 its not worth it- thats the price you can get new for if you drive a hard deal.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Jono, check this guys completed items before bothering to bid. There is a suspicion this is the same bloke coastalgolfimports, the seller of fake putters etc. He (worldwidewhatever) loaded potentially 10 grands worth of gear onto ebay as a first time seller.

This one is a case of buyer beware, all the balls he sold should have been received by the buyers by now, but no feedback has been left at this stage.

He also has a habit of threatening anyone and everyone with litigation if he perceives someone is questioning his cred.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs_644
    if it gets near $1200 its not worth it- thats the price you can get new for if you drive a hard deal.
    Peter, these wholesale at $138 per iron + GST, unless the seller has bought in bulk or gets a bulk buyers discount. I think his last set was well under $1,000 as well, depends on whether you are a risk taker.

He does accept Bidpay now, damned if I know how that works or whether that gives the buyer protection at all though. I suppose if you organise the Bidpay payment through your credit card you have recourse there.

Pete

Pete,

I'm not bidding. Really.

Yeah, I thought the 0 feedback was a bit sus, but the price looks good. Probably too good.

The X tours look sweet, but I'm going the extra forgiveness route. I use the Wishon hybrids up to 5 iron, and I've just ordered the hybrid 6 iron ... These are true "dummy clubs".

well well well, look who is no longer a registered user !!! but only after selling 10 grands worth of gear

I should have continued my vendetta here, rather than elsewhere (I have learnt my lesson), I hope no one here fell for this guys crap.

Pete

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I've just ordered the hybrid 6 iron ...      
    You ok Jono?

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday
    There is a suspicion this is the same bloke coastalgolfimports, the seller of fake putters etc.
    Just as a side note, this guy was the one who sold 30 odd R7 TP's in 3 day $1 auctions, subsequently NEVER receiving ANY feedback for them.

He has received some now we think (feedback private) with his negatives this month jumping from 8 to 14 overnight .

Obviously some folks don't live by the adage if the price is too good to be true, it probably is.....

Pete

Bit of an update on this one, some of you may be aware of my inability to login to another site at the moment, "suspended longer than Hoppa" were the words I used to describe it

The reason related to this seller, and another seller on ebay.com.au called WorldWideGolfWarehouse.

Through a mate today, I heard that a guy who had snapped up a bargain from WWGW, three FT-3's for under $1,500, has long paid and never heard hide nor hair of the guy, the clubs or his cash.

I guess he may get it back eventually, but it highlights really how good a conman some folk can be. He had so much front that he was threatening folks with being sued etc, when all along it was a ruse that not many could see through.

Overall I reckon this guy cleared probably over $15,000 in the space of 3 weeks. Add that to the R7 TPs that he sold, probably ripped $30,000 from around the world.

What were the warning signs ?? Well, the first guy got a couple of negs and neutrals relating to fakes and copies, and made his feedback private. But he had listed all these R7 TP's and stuff BEFORE he made his feedback private. Anyone seeing the word copy or fake, you simply cannot trust that seller I'm sorry.

The second guy, well, first time seller !!! had links to his website that was pretty much a direct copy of TGW, without pricing. You couldn't pay via credit card or paypal, only direct deposit or (the Daddy of them all !!!) the Western Union Money Transfer. He also graduated into Bidpay at a later date, basically untrackable avenues of payment. He had FT-3's, X tours, X18's, you name a top brand and new issue, he had them listed. I almost bought an FT-3 just to try and catch this guy out, but missed by a dollar

Yes people can be silly, but praying on your fellow human beings is despicable. I only hope he gets caught.

Goughy, any issues with any of this let me know mate....

Pete

thanks for the tip-off Pete

i'm sure ALL of our members here are very gratefull
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Thanks pete, your advise has certainly made more aware of payments through ebay.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Thread Information