Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Champs Wrap Up

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Champs Wrap Up

I know a few have posted in the details thread, but I think it is worth having a thread of it's own for your thanks, highlights, lowlights and observations for the whole weekend.

I'll post more when I can, but it was a fantastic weekend yet again. It's just not long enough. Well done to all that make it what it is; both organisers and participants.

goughy

Just a quicky before I put more thought into it. Another great weekend, that I would have missed had out not been for you all. Thanks for getting me there guys - means a lot to me. And was much needed. Thanks for the room Daves, and to my roomy Just.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

You are all ****s! On the up side another win to a Nudgee member, home course of champions! Blah, blah, good times yada, yada, best champs ever...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Best weather since last year!
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Woods - Turbo Power III+ 3 & 5 wood
    Irons - Oxygen - Type S 3HL, 4HL, 5-PW
    Wedges - xds 56 & 60 degree
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

H'cap - 12.7 on 1/1/08, 12.8 on 1/1/09, 13.7 on 1/1/10

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapH..._no=4130402024

"I played golf. I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. That was way more satisfying." Mitch Hedberg

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone in attendance.
    After what was a pretty horrible week for me personally, it was a truly fantastic weekend.
    I don't care what they say about you over at the other site, but I think you're all alright! :P
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Congratulations on winning the bag g69. It will suit you.
    Forum needs more banter.

goughy

He tried to lie down in front of my car as I was leaving! I nearly ran into a bmw trying to avoid it!

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Another 12 months until we do it all again.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Congrats Nudgee!
    Pieface, no longer the resident chopper, giant fweak. Lives in a pineapple under the sea
    witb?

Thanks to all for efforts organizing. Another great champs weekends

congrats to pooman for a solid effort even with a stinker of a day (for humidity). Good to see he has some runs on the board(shorts)
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

Sounds like another cracking weekend. And it came very close to having to listen to 69er for 12 months by the sound of it.

But just remember....

Blog Entries

Nice, so how did the PUSMOP sitin go?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Arrived at home at midnight yesterday. It was a very enjoyable weekend. Everything is so well organised now. Thanks Shavey and everyone who worked behind the scenes to make this the best champs ever.

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Had a great time, other than throwing up saturday nights dinner about a hour after eating it and dumping the rest in a few squirts fom the ring.
    Sorry about the presentations, I packed the ute then got side tracked and forgot.
    Thanks to everyone I played with. Great job Nudgee, was a close battle those last 5 holes between you and G69 who's little bunt turned into a chunk and run in the end.
    Thanks to shavey and dotty for the help with everything also.
    Also was great too meet everyone.
    Going to bed now, got home at 1pm today, whats that 20hrs I think driving home, think I might fly next year.

Marty

Blog Entries

Incredible Marty. Glad you could make it.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Top work Marty, champion effort.

Just wanna say what a fantastic 'long' weekend! Particular thanks to Shavey for the incredible deals for accom & golf. Thanks to all others involved in the organisation & running of such a prestigious event. Played crap, had a ball & drank waaay too much.

Met a fantastic bunch of people & enjoyed every moment. Can't wait for next year!!!

Also a special shout out to Dotty for his generosity to me; he knows why & I won't embarrass him but, thankyou again.

Stay safe & well, see you all again in 12 months

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Well Cosmo was proud to be the first ever WAnker to attend the champs.

What a fantastic weekend, 4 days of golf and partying and meeting lots of the ozgolf characters. What more could you ask for (well better golf is the only thing thar springs to my mind).

A big thanks to the organizers Shavey and Golfer69, Peteyd for doing a great job on the nametagsand a huge thanks to Ferrins for ferrying us around in the rainbow ferret bus.

To the people i played with, Friday Jono, Shazza and Lucastro. Sat Pete the pilot, NK and Shavey. Sunday Outcast, Haysey and Brisvegas. MoNday Outcast, Haystacks and Kristian. All good players and fun people.

The weather was kind until today where we got a wet a** and no fish. We had two big electrical storms on sat, one early morning and one late afternoon but we managed to get the golf done without any sparkly stuff.

I played my usual hacking golf with an unmentionable score on Friday, 24 each sat and sun and 27 today (at least I improved). Next year I will bring my own clubs and wont go half way around the world to get to the champs.

So much fun and memorable moments.
    Last edited by Cosmopolite; 17th October 2011 at 04:48 PM.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for such a great weekend. Great to catch up with 'my internet friends'.

A double thank-you to those who took the time to organise the 'nuts and bolts' well before the event. And those who did the mundane stuff, while we poored piss down our throats.

Un****enbelieve!
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post

Also a special shout out to Dotty for his generosity to me; he knows why & I won't embarrass him but, thankyou again.
    Lent you his spare comb did he
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

What a fantastic weekend - expected it to piss down rain for 3 days and we had incredible weather!! Thought I would chop it as usual at the champs but managed to pull it together for a change.

Thanks to all my playing partners, I had two great groups over the weekend Iain, AP, td42t (twice), DC68, Ferrins and the big Dickie!!Thanks to Dickie for pushing me all the way including sinking that freaking 12 footer to make me have to sink mine.

Thanks to dc68 for pointing the toilets to me every time we drove pass them.

And finally but biggest thanks goes to Shavey and organizing group - fantastic effort.

Looking forward to defending title next year. Bring them ON!

What a fantastic weekend - expected it to piss down rain for 3 days and we had incredible weather!! Thought I would chop it as usual at the champs but managed to pull it together for a change.

Thanks to all my playing partners, I had two great groups over the weekend Iain, AP, td42t (twice), DC68, Ferrins and the big Dickie!!Thanks to Dickie for pushing me all the way including sinking that freaking 12 footer to make me have to sink mine.

Thanks to dc68 for pointing the toilets to me every time we drove pass them.

And finally but biggest thanks goes to Shavey and organizing group - fantastic effort.

Looking forward to defending title next year.

One question - who was that sporting a Scotty proto button back (silvery insert not copperish like a normal buttonback) holiday, 722 of 750 putter??? It also had a cool Scotty custom grip!

I need more info on that one as I needs to get me one - it was just plain awesome.

Blog Entries

Congratulations Nudgee, sounds like a cracking time was had by all.

I believe I have a leave pass for next year. GET IN!!!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Was it Titleist?

First champs for me and have to say best weekend in ages, if you are a member of this site and don't attend your missing out
    Ping ANSER 10.5 - GD ADDI 6S | Ping G25 - 15 - GD ADDI 7S | Ping G25 - 20 - Nunchuk| Mizuno JPX825 PRO - PXI 6.0 | Mizuno MPT-11 - 52/56/60 | Taylormade Spider Blade

Thread Information