Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 119 120 121 122 123 124
Results 3,076 to 3,092 of 3092

Thread: Beer

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    To Cesky Krumlov for a couple of days then Austria for two weeks.
    Nice. I can certainly give some Vienna beer tips since I've spent months there.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Nice. I can certainly give some Vienna beer tips since I've spent months there.
    Thanks but not doing Vienna, picking up a car and doing a couple of small Austrian places and then up to Innsbruck.

Cesky Krumlov such a small place, only found one bar with a menu that wasn't lager or pilsener centric...Had a Czech local ipa from
    Zlata Krava brewery. Quite nice, had a second of the same with some nice bar snacks.

Found a cool little bar [Alchimiste Belge] near our hotel in Salzburg.
    They do mainly Belgian beer but had some local Austrian taps. Had a nice local Neipa then a local 10 percent Ipa that was quite powerful...
    Asked the barman what their best-seller is, he said a pilsener that they brew themselves locally.
    He gave me a taste, and as expected my disdain of pilsener must have been noticeable when I tasted it...
    I said,not my style, he said, no worries we sell lots of it cause it's cheap...

Okay, I'm looking back through my beer checkins for Salzburg.
    It might be hard to believe, but I've had a couple of beers at Alchimiste Belge too.
    I also managed to grab an American Pale Ale across the lane at #Belgiek - Beffa Bar.
    I did a tour of the Stiegl brewery, which had some really good beers to try in their bar there, besides their standard lager.
    I also went to the Augustiner beer hall, which was a great experience.

I haven't been to Innisbruck, but I know that Tribuan is the place to go there, as it's the sister bar of a good one in Vienna (Ammutson).

Beffa bar has closed down permanently unfortunately, but thanks AP will def check out that recommendation when in Innsbruck.
    In a small Austrian ski town atm which is almost deserted because of summer, suits me just fine.
    Only beer really on offer is at the local Spar who stock two Austrian Brew Age beers, an imperial ipa [quite good] and a neipa [unexpectedly very good)...These are a bargain at about $3.50 aus for a stubby.
    Last edited by damoocow; 18th June 2023 at 12:56 AM.

Only beer really on offer is at the local Spar who stock two Austrian Brew Age beers, an imperial ipa [quite good] and a neipa [unexpectedly very good)...These are a bargain at about $3.50 aus for a stubby.
    That seems like a very low price, and good to see craft beer in a remote Spar.

That seems like a very low price, and good to see craft beer in a remote Spar.
    Yep.
    Should have bought more than 4, only realised this morning that the Spar is closed on Sunday.
    Did also try the locally brewed pale ale by Gastein Moonshine. Quite a nice beer.
    Last edited by damoocow; 19th June 2023 at 12:40 AM.

Yep.
    Should have bought more than 4, only realised this morning that the Spar is closed on Sunday.
    Did also try the locally brewed pale ale by Gastein Moonshine. Quite a nice beer.
    Nearly everything is closed on Sundays in Austria. Thank the lord.

Nearly everything is closed on Sundays in Austria. Thank the lord.
    Went to Tribuan today. Great spot. Had a lovely Netherlands IPA from Baxbier.

Back in Munich before heading home tomorrow.
    Spent a few days prior in the Zillertal Valley in Austria, tried the local Zillertal brews but all ordinary...
    Went to a nice craft bar/shop in Munich yesterday - Bierkiste - had a nice neipa from a local brewer called Yankee and Kraut.
    Before I left for this trip I put a couple of nice beers from Hope brewhouse [double neipa] and Chur [lid ripper hazy]in the fridge to have while I unpack Wednesday night.
    Son has been housesitting for a couple of weeks, if he's written out of the will, you'll know why...

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Spent a few days prior in the Zillertal Valley in Austria, tried the local Zillertal brews but all ordinary...
    Went to a nice craft bar/shop in Munich yesterday - Bierkiste - had a nice neipa from a local brewer called Yankee and Kraut.
    Before I left for this trip I put a couple of nice beers from Hope brewhouse [double neipa] and Chur [lid ripper hazy]in the fridge to have while I unpack Wednesday night.
    Son has been housesitting for a couple of weeks, if he's written out of the will, you'll know why...
    Are you going to bring back any cans or bottles for a beer share?

Chur are called Behemoth in Australia now, like they always have been in NZ, as they settled their dispute with Kaiju who had brewed a beer called Behemoth.

Quote Originally Posted by gwavz View Post
    Are you going to bring back any cans or bottles for a beer share?
    No, I can't trust baggage handlers not to damage cotton shirts in a solid bag...
    Enough quality stuff back home anyway.

Chur are called Behemoth in Australia now, like they always have been in NZ, as they settled their dispute with Kaiju who had brewed a beer called Behemoth.
    As always, you are the font of all beer knowledge.

No Dreams Til Brooklyn.
    A very nice oat cream ipa garage project collaboration.
    Can recommend.

Seconded.

Thread Information