Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3092

Thread: Beer

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Yeah. Next time. Thats a nice part of sukhumvit to hang around, much less chance of finding trouble.

Also Bourbon St Bar is walking distance from there. I have drinked and stayed a few times there. One owner for 30+ years.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Have had a few nice beers in Hanoi [and surrounds] - First two by Pasteur Street Brewing were very good - a Pomelo IPA and a double Jasmine IPA - brewed as expected with the Pomelo fruit, and Jasmine flowers. Beautiful IPA's with plenty of body and flavour. And they do growlers AP...Also when out in the countryside I had a quite nice Thunderslap IPA by another Vietnam brewer - Fuzzy Logic.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Day 9 of the Beer cartel advent calendar, a nice red IPA from Uraidla Brewery. Nice drop. I will add my tastings for the rest of the calendar.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Day 10 Beer Cartel Advent Calendar, Kaiju Mutation program West coast double IPA. Mighty fine drop

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

You don't mind a bit of froth Grunt?

I have a lovely little pub not far from where I am in Hue - Imperial Craft Bia. They brew on the premises and only sell their beer via taps. Turns out I arrived at happy hour yesterday and all pints were about $6. I had two IPA's - Jungle Juice and Mista Citra - both low 7 percent alcohol and both lovely. Planning on returning this afternoon.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    I have a lovely little pub not far from where I am in Hue - Imperial Craft Bia. They brew on the premises and only sell their beer via taps. Turns out I arrived at happy hour yesterday and all pints were about $6. I had two IPA's - Jungle Juice and Mista Citra - both low 7 percent alcohol and both lovely. Planning on returning this afternoon.
    Bargain!

Been in the Hoi An / Danang area for a few days and had a few ordinary beers - a 5 elements pale ale which was ordinary as was a 7 Bridges Hai Van Hazy.
    East West brewing's Far East IPA is very good as was the Kurtz's Insane IPA from Heart of Darkness.
    Went to a small batch local brewer in Danang yesterday arvo [Buff Brewer]...- tiny bar with some of his beer on tap and other varieties by the bottle - I had his Juicy IPA which was quite good and had a taste of his brown ale [ which I would not normally drink] but it was quite nice - sort of in between a red and dark ale..
    Onto Ho Chi Minh City tomorrow and looking fwd to seeing what is on offer.

In HCMC at present and was going to a small local craft place this arvo but discovered it was closed, i went to the Heart Of Darkness taproom instead
    Nice space, and had the Loose Rivet Neipa which I have had before, which is lovely, and also the Strawberry Milkshake IPA - which was quite different but delicious - the ingredient list stated they use lactose in the mix for the sweetness - it may put a few people off ordering it because of the milk link, not sure. They did have a pumped up Kurtz's Insane 21 hop triple IPA at 11 percent on the menu and despite considering it i figured i'd err on the side of caution considering I was hungry and had a fair walk back....Actually it's probably safer to cross the road here if you're half tanked...

Back in Brisbane for Xmas.
    My last hurrah before leaving HCMC was a visit to 7 Bridges for their Imperial IPA, delightfully potent...
    Also went to the original taproom of Pasteur St brewing. Fantastic intimate bar and revisited their lovely Pomelo IPA.
    Last was a visit to East West Brewing on a very hot day and had their Pale Ale which suited the temperature just fine.
    I can see why the craft beer scene in SEA is on a roll, their stuff is just so good, and their cheap canned domestic lagers are just so bad...

XXXX gold for Damo next sat.

An update on some beers since arriving back in Australia, mostly Xmas presents.

Sauce Brewing - Beer Selfie Oat Cream IPA - this is a really lovely beer, but then again this is my preferred style of IPA and i'll happily rave on about a good one...- and close behind,
    is the Bubble and Squeak NEIPA.

Sea Legs - Their IPA isn't too bad at all - much better than some other larger breweries - and I didn't mind their Pale Ale - it was almost an in between PA and IPA.

Range - Folding Paper Oat Cream IPA - have never had a bad beer of this style from Range - and this is another belter.
    Disco Pale Ale - not too bad, probably quite subdued compared to some of the stuff they produce.

Young Henry's - Hazy Pale Ale - this company must be the most over hyped brewery in Australia - I have never had a wow beer from this mob and their Hazy Pale Ale is another example of drab...

I agree on Young Henry's.

In Germany at present trying my best to avoid their awful lagers...
    Had a quite nice local red ipa in a small craft bar in Munich, followed by a crappy dunkel in a beer garden. But did manage a nice dark yeast ale [a sort of hoppy brown] in another.
    Currently in Frankfurt and visited a taproom on city fringe today that was hyped up online. Quite rightly so as it happens.
    Had a paddle of 3 local ipa and neipas, a us ipa and a lovely black forest cake stout.
    Had a glass of one the ipas in the paddle to end my visit, wandered off happy...

Sounds great. I didn't get to do any craft beer touristing when I went to Munch (with the family). It was too bloody cold anyway.

Been no beer for a few days since being laid low with food poisoning, best way to describe it would be gruesome and excruciating...Anyway now in Prague and feeling close to normal I walked past a home brew supply shop and noticed it had a few beer fridges full of different cans and bottles.
    Wandered in and talked to the owner and he said I could buy and drink in the shop, that's good enough for me.
    He suggested a Czech craft brewer called
    Zichovec and their NEIPA - Nectar of Happiness.
    750 ml bottle equivalent of $8 Australian.
    Damn good, likely to go back and try something else tomorrow.
    [the Mrs had half a glass and was impressed, and she's no beer drinker normally..]

I've had a few of their NEIPAs and they were really good.

The best craft beer bar that I went to in Prague was BeerGeek Bar, but it wasn't in the middle of the city.
    There was a bar in the city called Illegal Beer, there's also a brewery on a boat called Lod Pivovar. Maybe not the best beers, but a different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post

The best craft beer bar that I went to in Prague was BeerGeek Bar, but it wasn't in the middle of the city.
    There was a bar in the city called Illegal Beer, there's also a brewery on a boat called Lod Pivovar. Maybe not the best beers, but a different experience.
    Thanks for the tips AP.
    Will see how far they are from where I am.

Bintang... evil poison. I am too old for this 2am drinking.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Illegal beer has closed down and Beer Geek was too far away from what we had planned for the day.
    Went for a late lunch at Craft Beer Spot, sat in the garden and enjoyed a Sibeeria Neipa which was great and a local ipa which wasn't bad [but probably should have had first as the neipa was so good...]

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Bintang... evil poison. I am too old for this 2am drinking.
    Were you kicked out of the house again?

Illegal beer has closed down and Beer Geek was too far away from what we had planned for the day.
    Went for a late lunch at Craft Beer Spot, sat in the garden and enjoyed a Sibeeria Neipa which was great and a local ipa which wasn't bad [but probably should have had first as the neipa was so good...]
    I'm pretty sure that Sibeeria are the beers that Beer Geek brews.

Where to next?

Were you kicked out of the house again?
    Technically... no. And only fell down twice.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Technically... no. And only fell down twice.
    Hopefully the rolling pin avoided your head...[although it may have helped]

I'm pretty sure that Sibeeria are the beers that Beer Geek brews.

Where to next?
    To Cesky Krumlov for a couple of days then Austria for two weeks.

Thread Information