Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 124 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 65 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3092

Thread: Beer

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Beer

The 4 pines Hefe sounds nice, andi. I really like that style of beer.

The 3 sheets is in 1st choice, but I'll have to wait until I get through the beer I already have, which will hopefully last a month, with the reduction of drinking post Xmas.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

For you craft beer drinkers dans has mixed slabs of Matilda bay for $25 delivered.

http://m.danmurphys.com.au/product/D...bay-mixed-case

I just ordered 2

Default Beer

I'm too snobby for Matilda Bay, since they are CUB owned.

Black Heart Brewery here in Melbourne do an amzingly good American Pale Ale.
    http://www.blackheartbrewery.com.au/american-pale-ale/
    one of the top 2 or 3 beers I have ever had.
    The other 2 are Hunter Valley Kolsch, $36 a 700ml bottle, but just outstanding.
    The other is Tuatara Ardeness for NZ. Golden Ale at 7.5%, and super

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

It goes out of date Australia Day, but that wouldn't be an issue. Fat Yak is good but Beez Neez is awful...
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35”, LA Golf Soho)

I wouldn't worry me if they were owned by woolworths as long as the beer tastes good.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMc View Post
    It goes out of date Australia Day, but that wouldn't be an issue. Fat Yak is good but Beez Neez is awful...
    Agreed. Beez Neez is cat wee

Quote Originally Posted by RobNewy View Post
    Agreed. Beez Neez is cat wee
    I will save those for my mate that doesn't drink unless someone else is buying

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    I thought it rhymed with "Boon legs".
    In can form it does. The beer in general rhymes with the other.

Got on Export for the first time in a long time at my mates bucks night last year and quite enjoyed it. Used to be a staple on Sundays at the OBH back in uni days; buy a slab and head out to the beer garden.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
    Got on Export for the first time in a long time at my mates bucks night last year and quite enjoyed it. Used to be a staple on Sundays at the OBH back in uni days; buy a slab and head out to the beer garden.
    👍

Senior Member Major Winner

Default Beer

Jim Beam honey goes ok after 9 Coronas!!!
    I'm back.

Default Beer

Quote Originally Posted by andigold View Post
    Andy I have had the 3 sheets on as beer of the month here before, this is the tasting note

Lord Nelson 3 Sheets Pale Ale - $8.50
    The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel is Sydneys oldest licensed hotel located in the historic rocks precinct and home of Australias oldest pub brewery. The 3 Sheets is an Australian Pale Ale showing balanced malt and plenty of herbaceous hop characters and aromas. Medium gold in colour this is refreshing and well balanced without being too bitter and floral.

Also if you like hefeweizen as a style try the 4 pines one, it's a ripper, my note

4 Pines Brewing Hefeweizen Manly NSW 330ml $8.50
    A German inspired beer that is brewed with a large proportion of wheat in addition to malted barley. German weissbier are termed "white beers" because historically they are pale, unfiltered and have a hazy appearance due to the type of yeast used in their fermentation. Hefeweizen ("yeast wheat") refers to wheat beer in its traditional, unfiltered form while kristallweizen ("kristall" being German for crystal) is the same beer filtered. The 4 pines Hefeweizen is a cloudy, pale straw in appearance with a mild sweet banana nose showing a well rounded palate with characters of banana and hefe yeast spiciness, balanced with some Kiwi bred, German style Hallertau hops, this is a true international mongrel of a beer.
    Banana nose? WTF is the world coming to? It's beer for Christ's sake!!!! What a wank.
    I'm back.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by dc68 View Post
    Banana nose? WTF is the world coming to? It's beer for Christ's sake!!!! What a wank.
    Good post

Default Beer

If you see beer as an avenue to getting pissed, then I guess these things don't make any difference and it's why lagers are on most taps. Personally, I am enjoying trying all these different beers and flavours.

The Burleigh Brewing Hef had the banana aspect also.
    I tried a Banana Bread beer, but it was quite ordinary.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    The Burleigh Brewing Hef had the banana aspect also.
    I tried a Banana Bread beer, but it was quite ordinary.
    Yeah it's very common in hef, the yeasts used to make these Bavarian style beers produce a greater proportion of esters which is what imparts the banana character (some will identify juicy fruit, bubblegum or vanilla, they all describe the same character).

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Drinkin a Dundee IPA, got it from the tightarse trolley at Dans, nice drop too. Great colour , I tell ya if you are not pouring beer into a glass you are missing out.

http://www.dundeebeer.com/ales_and_l...india_pale_ale

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMc View Post
    It goes out of date Australia Day, but that wouldn't be an issue.
    My two cases just arrived. The use by date on the box is Jan 26, but on the bottles its March 26 excapt for the Redback which is Jan 26.

Pretty good bargain this at $25 for two dozen decent beers.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

simple stuff but how good is it when you rip one out of the freezer after 30 mins....jizz.

Default Beer

Quote Originally Posted by gazgolf1 View Post
    simple stuff but how good is it when you rip one out of the freezer after 30 mins....jizz.
    I know what you mean, but at the same time you are killing the flavour if it is too cold. It's good for some lagers though.

Blog Entries

AP I am not sure if you have mentioned it in here but have you tried the Vale Pale? If so, thoughts?

I have really enjoyed a few lately. I like their take on an IPA as well, even though it is on the lighter end of the IPA scale
    Naturally grippy

Default Beer

I don't think I have had their Pale Ale, but I've definitely had their IPA. At this stage, I'm struggling a little with the IPAs; they are a little bit hit and miss for me. I think it's something that I'm still getting used to.

The Vale was good without being great from memory. I still had a few though. I didn't think much of the Karl Strauss Tower 10 IPA that I had tonight though. It was disappointing, because I really liked their Pale Ale.

Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest and Burleigh Brewing FIGJAM are two recent IPAs that I have enjoyed. The former grew on me over the course of the bottle. The Northern Hemisphere equivalent is waiting for me in the fridge as a treat sometime.
    Last edited by AndyP; 12th January 2013 at 08:29 PM.

Blog Entries

I haven't tried the Sierra version and have only just started finding the Burleigh beers over here. Will try both. Sierra drops are nice but not worth the extra $$ IMO. I have enjoyed the two Burleigh beers I have tried.

I hear you re IPAs. Much the same for me. I recommend the Vale Pale though, its a lovely drop. I will keep an eye out for the Karl Strauss.
    Naturally grippy

Default Beer

The Karl Strauss pale ale is called Pintail. Try Murrays Angry Man pale ale if you can find it too.

I agree about the standard Sierra Nevada stuff. These ones are even more expensive.

Blog Entries

Pintail. That sounds familiar. I am sure I have seen that in passing. I had the angry man the other day. Loved it. Quite a complex Pale but right up my alley.

Is that Sierra IPA the $28ish six pack? It would want to deliver at that price!
    Naturally grippy

Thread Information