Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3092

Thread: Beer

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Just looked up some of the beer cartel prices - holy crap - some of you must be millionaires...
    What about if your a millionaire that deosnt drink craft beer?

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    You wouldn't keep beer in a growler for over a week, and once opened you should have it within a couple of days.
    Does it go off??

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    What about if your a millionaire that deosnt drink craft beer?
    You can spend your money on spelling lessons.

A food fest for the Redlands here in Cleveland yesterday on the waterfront near my locals. Got to try a few craft beers with the food.

1) Yenda Golden Ale - Nice and Malty with plenty of fruit. IBU is quoted at 25, but you don't notice the bitterness so much, as it is nicely balanced by the sweetness. Very quaffable, and good beer for snacking.

2) Yenda Pale Ale - A darker Pale Ale, with just a touch of hops up front, not overwhelming like some can be. Nice and milky, in style, but was quite clean. Nothing mind blowing, but another nice quaffable beer for snacking on a lazy Sunday arvo before the GF!

3) Red Bay Lighthouse Pale Ale - Red Bay a local Micro Brewery ,located not more than a kilometre from where we were drinking. It has been serving the do it yourself market for years here, and has a huge recipe list to choose from. In recent years they have been brewing craft beers for the local market, and are starting to appear on tap now at a few locals. This is another darker Pale Ale, with a nice hop start and it is quite balanced on the long palate. A bit sweeter than some, and easy drinking.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Does it go off??
    It will go flat and then the taste will go bad, although it may still be drinkable. It's not something that I have really tested, but oxygen is not beer's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    A food fest for the Redlands here in Cleveland yesterday on the waterfront near my locals. Got to try a few craft beers with the food.

1) Yenda Golden Ale - Nice and Malty with plenty of fruit. IBU is quoted at 25, but you don't notice the bitterness so much, as it is nicely balanced by the sweetness. Very quaffable, and good beer for snacking.

2) Yenda Pale Ale - A darker Pale Ale, with just a touch of hops up front, not overwhelming like some can be. Nice and milky, in style, but was quite clean. Nothing mind blowing, but another nice quaffable beer for snacking on a lazy Sunday arvo before the GF!

3) Red Bay Lighthouse Pale Ale - Red Bay a local Micro Brewery ,located not more than a kilometre from where we were drinking. It has been serving the do it yourself market for years here, and has a huge recipe list to choose from. In recent years they have been brewing craft beers for the local market, and are starting to appear on tap now at a few locals. This is another darker Pale Ale, with a nice hop start and it is quite balanced on the long palate. A bit sweeter than some, and easy drinking.
    The Yenda beers that I have had weren't very inspiring. They are Coca Cola's entry into the craft beer market.

The Yenda beers that I have had weren't very inspiring. They are Coca Cola's entry into the craft beer market.
    I gather they are owned by the Australian Beer Company, which is apparently a JV with CC Amatil. At the price (domestic beer equivalent) I thought they were reasonable easy drinking beers. Ditto the Red Bay which was only $6 a Schooner. I can no doubt get a better craft beer at The Bench which is less than 500m, but it would have cost me twice the price, and probably would have over powered the (street) food we were eating.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I had a 6 pack of the pale that only cost me $10 (special at BWS with other stuff) and I didn't even think it was worth that......
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    I had a 6 pack of the pale that only cost me $10 (special at BWS with other stuff) and I didn't even think it was worth that......
    I agree.

Dainton Brewerys Bastard Brother.
    Belgian Rye IPA.

Really nice. I think im very hooked on the rye.

3.75 on UnTapped

I prefer the rye to be subtle in the beer, rather than prominent.

I have been working my way through the Red Hill "Red Project" beers, 10 red beers which have been produced to celebrate their 10th anniversary. They aren't all out yet, but so far they have been really good. I will now revisit their regular beers too.

I had a big IIPA last night in Riverside's 777. I'd had it on the wishlist for a while and it was right on the money for what I like with that style. I rated it 4.25 on Untappd FWIW, which is a high rating considering my highest rating given is 4.5 stars, with one exception......

https://untappd.com/user/OzAndyP/checkin/231277131
    Last edited by AndyP; 17th October 2015 at 06:28 PM.

Next time i go to the homebrew shop i will buy some rye and start experimenting.

I can understand you being a bit drunk on victory but giving Carlton Draught 5 stars is a travesty.

I don't mind rye IPAs either but I like them a bit subtle. Can't remember the last one I had - might have been the Mountain Goat one - which reminds me did you see they are now fully owned by Asahi? Our local craft beer bar ran a theme night commemorating the death of the goat.

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    I can understand you being a bit drunk on victory but giving Carlton Draught 5 stars is a travesty.
    I had a good debate with myself about whether to do it or not. It would normally rate a lot lower.

- which reminds me did you see they are now fully owned by Asahi? Our local craft beer bar ran a theme night commemorating the death of the goat.
    That's beer snob talk. If the taste goes downhill, then jump off. They were already making their beers at an Asahi owned brewery.

I had a good debate with myself about whether to do it or not. It would normally rate a lot lower.

That's beer snob talk. If the taste goes downhill, then jump off. They were already making their beers at an Asahi owned brewery.
    To 1, I know. Just taking the piss mostly. When your team wins a 3rd GF in a row you're entitled to a bit of madness.

I haven't tended to buy much Mountain Goat but I do really like some of their beers so it won't stop me buying them unless they start sucking.

Got to sample a Crown Ambassador Reserve (2011) last weekend. The price is over the top, but I really liked this different style. Lots of alcohol, but you don't really notice it. Fairly sweet, lots of fruit and quite malty.

Interesting. What is the style? An imperial lager of some sort?

I'm in Austria again gorging myself on different beers. Last time I was here, I had 142 unique beers in 6 weeks. I'm a bit more reserved this time, I think, but still out and about trying different things. Tonight's highlight was Anchor's Old Foghorn Barleywine Style Ale. I should hunt down more barleywines, because they always go down well for me, although they are always a finisher because of their potency.

Its a Lager, but quite a sweet one. They suggest you consume it with a Roast, or after with a Dessert.

https://www.crownlager.com.au/Ambassador.php

I've actually never heard of a lager that should be cellared; the hop flavour would disappear.

I think they are about $80 on release for a big bottle?

I've actually never heard of a lager that should be cellared; the hop flavour would disappear.

I think they are about $80 on release for a big bottle?
    $95 for the 2014.

West End Draught wasn't as bad as I expected , but it was still ordinary.

Ive had Prancing Pony India Ale before, but I've just had it on tap. Wow! I am loving it.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I can't seem to go past Stone & Wood's Pacific Ale. Love the stuff.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

It is very easy to drink. There are a few similar beers around like it now. 4 Pines India Summer Ale is maybe the pick of them.

Here is the contents of my fridge while away from home. It is very similar to the contents during my trip to Austria late last year.

I sense a theme. IPA, IPA, DIPA, saison!

I haven't been drinking much beer lately while I try to lose the 'hairy wombat' as some tall Queenslander calls it. Miss it.

Thread Information