Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 124 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3092

Thread: Beer

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Sail and Anchor = Woolworths Home Brand
    Steamrail = Coles Home Brand

I try not to drink them on principle, because they do not disclaim this anywhere and package them as craft beers. It's a beer snob thing.
    Last edited by AndyP; 26th June 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

This sounds "different".

A US brewery famous for its unconventional concoctions is creating a stir with the launch of its latest product Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter.
    Despite sounding like something Elvis would have drunk in the morning instead of orange juice, early reviews of have been positive.

Digital men's magazine Uncrate says it "smells and tastes like a really great Reese Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup" while others have likened it to a beer version of a dessert wine.

Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter is available on tap at boutique pubs across the US and can also be ordered online from the DuClaw Brewing Co website.

Other brews by DuClaw include EuForia, a "creamy, medium-bodied, dark brown pint of liquid bliss combines smooth drinkability with a jubilant swirl of caramel, almond, and toffee flavours to leave you in a state of ecstasy"and Consecration: a "medium-bodied, happy American brown ale with a sweet and rich malt flavour with notes of chocolate, caramel and nuts".
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lif...-1226670758993
    Forum needs more banter.

I had Bacchus Fruit & Nut Stout (#236) last night. Very similar to the Cadbury chocolate bar in smell and taste. I enjoyed it and I'm starting to come across a few stouts that I do like, which I wasn't expecting.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

AP have you had a chance to try the new season 2013 Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere IPA?
    Naturally grippy

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Part way through the Matilda Bay Alpha Pale Ale. Very good...a honeyish flavour to it and very easy to drink. Definitely the highlight of the 5 of 6 that I've had so far of my mixed half dozen.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by adlo View Post
    AP have you had a chance to try the new season 2013 Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere IPA?
    Where the hell do you get that from Adlo?

No, I haven't seen that in DM yet. I assume it's over $10 again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hocko View Post
    Where the hell do you get that from Adlo?
    Thankfully I have a few spots near me for Sierra Nevada options. Vintage Cellars near me in the CBD or Cellarbrations Jolimont. The latter having almost every available Sierra on offer. Recently tried and loved the Ruthless Rye as well.

The new 2013 Harvest IPA was delicious. Not as high in IBUs as the 2012 Northern Hempishere (not sure of that, just how it tasted). Had a nice herbacious vibe going on with a honey like sweetness.

EDIT: Sorry AP only just saw your post. Yep, $12. But not bad value for money IMO.
    Naturally grippy

$12 for how much?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out for it in my standard bottle shops.

Blog Entries

$12 for a 750ml Hocko. Considering it is pushing 7% a few of these will put you on your arse but it is hardly a beer to be drinking too much of anyway. The Sierra Pale is much nicer if you want to settle in for a session.

The Torpedo is a slightly cheaper option from Sierra for an IPA but it is probably my least favourite of their IPAs.

AP I will hopefully catch your thoughts on the new Harvest when you find some. Curious to hear your thoughts.
    Naturally grippy

$12 for a 750ml Hocko. Considering it is pushing 7% a few of these will put you on your arse but it is hardly a beer to be drinking too much of anyway. The Sierra Pale is much nicer if you want to settle in for a session.

The Torpedo is a slightly cheaper option from Sierra for an IPA but it is probably my least favourite of their IPAs.

AP I will hopefully catch your thoughts on the new Harvest when you find some. Curious to hear your thoughts.
    I see, not sessionable.
    A bit like red wine then?

Blog Entries

I have seen you drink beer. I think you could put in a session on these but you'd have to stop producing babies so you can afford to do so.
    Naturally grippy

Very funny.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Sierra Nevada was sold for $7.99 for 6 in California. Even better it was an option at the Mandalay bay in Vegas whilst gambling (free).

$24-25 for 6 here.

Can you get any ambers near you Ad's?

The sail and anchor amber is like water, and tastes closer to a lager. Never again.
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Anything Sale and Anchor is rubbish

Blog Entries

I couldn't believe how cheap beer was anywhere I went in the states Heaf. A different story over here but I am not a big drinker so prefer to spend a few extra $$s to drink nicer beer when I do.

I don't get into amber much myself but I always see a few craft options about. What you chasing?

The International Beer Shop in West Leederville has anything and everything but they are one step in $$ yet again.
    Naturally grippy

Really got a taste for the Amber in Oregon, they had so many local options so just looking to try anything.

Mane speciality beer shop on Great Eastern highway have a huge selection, but again not many Ambers. Worth checking out if you out near the airport.

Had a Rogue red ale 750ml for $15 which was closer to an IPA IMO, as it was very hoppy.

UnCivil War Record 2-0-0

Good to see others bagging Sail and Anchor. I thought I was on my own there for a bit.

I haven't seen that many Ambers around either, Shadesy. Would Celtic Red Ales float your boat?

I have purchased a 6 pack for a change. A lot of Monteith's stuff is average, but if you like a roasted malt flavour, try their Dopplebock Winter Ale (#23.

I'm currently drinking Coopers Best Extra Stout (#239). It's okay.

I may get the P taken out of me but I'm currently drinking Coopers Light. It is not at all bad.
    I'm Mr Responsible!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

It's hot, I'm thirsty...and at 6.4% it's doing the job nicely

Chang-Classic_920-x-920.jpg

Yes, sometimes my lyrics are sexist
    But you lovely bitches and hoes should know I'm trying to correct this.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Starting with a Burleigh Brewing Duke, a midstrength. Not fancy but easy on the palate and i'd guess a good session beer.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Blog Entries

Shadesy I will take stock on my next few trips to the bottle shop and report back. I haven't enjoyed any of the rogue beers I have tried to be honest, even more so at the price tag.
    Naturally grippy

Not a bit fan of monteiths's either Andy but will give that one a go.

The red ales are very similar and definitely float my boat.

Like the malty flavours so a few to try.

Fat Tire and macandjack African amber are two that I had and you may be able to find.

UnCivil War Record 2-0-0

Having now finished my extensive UK and Europe beer investigation, I have to report it was generally average. Stand outs were Okells Ale on the IOM which was very, very nice but not served quite cold enough...the other was a very nice German beer I had a few of one afternoon - Heidelberger - for all I know it may be the German equivalent of VB but it was very nice one warm afternoon in the beer garden.

Overall I could not believe how cheap the beer is overseas. Aldi were selling 6 packs for less than $4 - and they are 500 mls plastic stubbies - and they were drinkable. Also the local supermarket in the little town I was in in Switzerland was selling home brand 500 ml cans for 40 cents each - and it tasted OK - well maybe not great but much the same as bland domestic Australian beer.

Corner stores and off licences regularly had large cans ranging from 60c and upwards - all tasted much the same.

But tonight I am having something I have never tried before - Stoke Bomber Bohemian Ale from NZ - it is extremely nice. Dan Murphys have them for about $3.40 a 660ml tallie - bargain...
    Last edited by damoocow; 30th June 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Thread Information