Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    Is the sound we make when we crack open a beer and take that first mouthful.
    Don't drink beer, so it must be the sound when the penny drops

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jaster
    As for VB.....yuck....worst hangovers I ever had on that stuff. My bro drinks it like a titty bottle the alco!!
    Ditto that. It's all i could drink the other night at the soccer, and by the hour mark i'd consumed 4. I needed to pee so bad my eyes were watering.

Once the seal was broken it was all over, it felt like i was making a dash every 5 minutes. A couple of hours later and i felt like utter crap.

I have formally resigned from VB. If i'm at a sporting event then I'll drink soft or bourbon (and soft! ).
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (European Tour)

LOL I haven't laughed so much in ages Fish, exactly what happens to me.

Moe - I tried it Corona on it's own, with lime, with lemon, with orange (yes I did) and enjoyed it with Lime far more than anything else. If that makes me a "nuff nuff" then please send me an application form and nominate me for prez. Too funny.

Oh yeah, I did try my first Corona back in 1991 at City Rowers so have been sampling it for a while Only recently though has it become affordable enough to drink at home. Dan Murphys had it for $43 a carton recently...why did I only get one
    Last edited by jaster; 18th August 2006 at 05:41 PM.
    RIP 1974-2006

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Corona tastes like crap without the lime

don't ask how i know what crap tastes like.
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Come to Toowoomba mate and we'll treat you to a free glass of it
    RIP 1974-2006

it tastes crap with out without it, its borderline water.

I've actually tried a dash of lime in Tooheys Extra Dry and it tasted alot like Corona Why? because most beers with lime in it will taste pretty similar, it kills the beer taste!
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

ahhhh good to know. I don't actually like beer. I like citrus fruit, so it seems I can buy cheaper beer and still enjoy that sweet lime taste! Hey jaster, can I be your nuff nuff VP??

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Aren't we lucky everyones taste buds are different then. I'm afraid your a fussier beer drinker than me Moe, remind me to drink my Corona's and lime in the corner what we hit Pacific Harbour at the champs.
    RIP 1974-2006

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas
    ahhhh good to know. I don't actually like beer. I like citrus fruit, so it seems I can buy cheaper beer and still enjoy that sweet lime taste! Hey jaster, can I be your nuff nuff VP??
    I already have the forms coming out to you BV
    RIP 1974-2006

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I was considering dropping the limes from when I had the occasional Corona, as I couldn't see the point when I wasn't having it with other beers. Instead I'll just stop having Coronas.

That's blasphemy AP, sif drop Coronas I drink Coke Zero cause I like it, just cause someone else hates it doesn't make it taste any worse
    RIP 1974-2006

I never thought they were great. I'll stick to the Pure Blondes.

you guys have to try this new pilsner i've found ... tastes great
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

you can drink what you like, I was just wondering why you put lime in one particular beer and not others.

apathy is bliss
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Anyone tried that Beez Neez? I've had it on tap a few times, and don't mind it.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

I never thought they were great. I'll stick to the Pure Blondes.
    Off Topic - NSW Drinker here, but I am on the Pure Blondes at the moment and gee are they easy to drink?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Andy, while I'm not much of a beer drinker, a pommy mate of mine who is a been connoiseur loves Beez Kneez. If he gives it the thumbs up, then it mus be good stuff. He reckons the best Aussie stuff you can get is called Little Creatures from Rogers Brewery in WA.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by jarro
    you guys have to try this new pilsner i've found ... tastes great

Scotty has been drinking Ace Pilsner now for about 2 months... In fact I may have mentioned that to you in the chat Jazza...

My personal taste is more toward the Crownies right now, but I am always gonna be a "Rona chick".....

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    Off Topic - NSW Drinker here, but I am on the Pure Blondes at the moment and gee are they easy to drink?
    Too easy. There's just nothing offensive in their flavour or aftertaste at all.
    And they are low carb, so I can just feel those pounds shedding off while I drink.......

Quote Originally Posted by Courty
    He reckons the best Aussie stuff you can get is called Little Creatures from Rogers Brewery in WA.
    I've tried it. The FIL bought a couple of cases at some stage. He reckoned it started great, but by the end he was a bit sick of it. It wasn't cheap either.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

i cant believe non of your like guinness, while guinness in australia isnt really really guinness its still pretty good. Esp if you can get it on tap...

Regardless why hasnt anybody raved about coopers!!! coopers pale ale is the go here..

Andy, beez nezz is pretty good, they say its mead but right?

I'm no beer connisseur. I only really started drinking it about 5 or so years ago, so I'm a bit fussy. I tend to lean towards the premium types.

Definitely don't like Guinness, it tastes like coffee to me, and I don't drink coffee.

goughy

Pretty much don't bother much with it at all. But Heiny's, grolsch, crownies.

Started drinking corona back about 1990ish at the courthouse hotel in toowoomba. Has to have the lemon. And you ask them to give you the corona without the lemon in it first, take a mouthfull, then ask them to put a nip or 2 of tequila in it them add the lemon. That used to cost me 6 bucks, but 2 of those and I was on the road to dreamsville.

I"m also a lightweight - and proud of it. I never blow much money on piss.

Can't say that I'm a fan of beer from a can.
    I never liked cans much, but when i moved to Darwin thats all they had *

pretty soon learned to like it, and i have never enjoyed a stubbie since, just doesnt seem right to me. and lets face it, cracking a empty stubbie into your head as you finish it, will probably hurt.

*i beleive its something to do with preventing a certain ethnic group that is sterotyped as being irresponsible beer drinkers from smashing the bottles, and or throwing them at each other.

however that is an unfair and socially unacceptable assumption as given there are no stubbies in the NT then therefore it cannot be determined that said ethnic group would do this, and in fact would probably more likely convert the empty bottles into a revenue building recycling initiative as an incentive for unemployed young people who had lost hope and self confidence becuase they were denied a choice of stubbies or cans.

--
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Nice disclaimer, Blakey.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake
    I never liked cans much, but when i moved to Darwin thats all they had *

pretty soon learned to like it, and i have never enjoyed a stubbie since, just doesnt seem right to me. and lets face it, cracking a empty stubbie into your head as you finish it, will probably hurt.

*i beleive its something to do with preventing a certain ethnic group that is sterotyped as being irresponsible beer drinkers from smashing the bottles, and or throwing them at each other.

however that is an unfair and socially unacceptable assumption as given there are no stubbies in the NT then therefore it cannot be determined that said ethnic group would do this, and in fact would probably more likely convert the empty bottles into a revenue building recycling initiative as an incentive for unemployed young people who had lost hope and self confidence becuase they were denied a choice of stubbies or cans.

Wouldn't have anything to do with frieght costs at all huh ?

Thread Information