Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 124 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3092

Thread: Beer

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Finally got to try a couple of new beers on the market in the last week.

XXXX Dry - not for me at all. The taste right up front did me in. Meh.

James Squire Broken Shackles - there's not many Oz beers i have been going for the last few years and I've been much preferring the European drops. I am not really a big pale ale/craft/fancy nancy drinker but i'm not a Carlton/VB/XXXX drinker either tho i drank Gold for many many years at the pubs. I like something different nowadays. I think the Broken shackles is an Aussie beer i can see myself buying a carton off at various times. A nice cold 6 pack went down a treat on the weekend. Very nice session beer.

Paid top dollar but have been knocking back some Trumer Pils of late. It's one of my favorites but can be exxy.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

A Local European style restaurant has gone full License and are stocking some Euro Beers. I enjoyed a Gosser and Soproni with my meal. Both came in 500ml containers which was a bonus! Nice, reasonably light, easy to drink styles.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Who in Sydney is keen to celebrate my unmarriedness with a 5km run with a brewery every 1km with a beer pitstop.

https://explorehidden.com/event/deta...ies-5-beers-16

March 28th

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I’d do it without the running bit, who want to share cab/Uber 😂

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    I’d do it without the running bit, who want to share cab/Uber ������
    I will meet you at the end, once I know where that is.

Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Who in Sydney is keen to celebrate my unmarriedness with a 5km run with a brewery every 1km with a beer pitstop. https://explorehidden.com/event/deta...ies-5-beers-16March 28thSent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a refined version of the Cairns Pub Sprint. https://youtu.be/NMHG-88_lBE

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

I will meet you at the end, once I know where that is.

why at the end!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    why at the end!
    Guess you could do several uber trips between stops.

Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Guess you could do several uber trips between stops.

My 2 BIL are keen, we will cab/Uber between pubs!

Blog Entries

Supposedly craft breweries, my guess is Willie the boatman start, Young Henry's finish. Got Batch, grifter and a couple of others in between.

Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Blog Entries

Got the list of breweries today. Start at The Sauce and end at Rocks Brewing
    Could be a meet up at the finish around 2:45/3 for a few brews.

Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Another of my favourite things. I brew most of what I drink these days, primarily pale ale and Euro lager styles with a couple of others that appear a few times a year, coming up to ten years since I got back into it. Got a bar with taps set up next to the lounge room which gets a reasonable amount of use especially with the footy starting again.
    Not a fan of bland mainstream beers but equally dislike overly funky craft beer. I'm somewhere in between, enjoy normal craft beer of varying styles, and decent European lagers, which is reflected in what I normally brew at home I suppose.

Blog Entries

In the opposite to Dry July I have started Xmas in July beer calendar from Beer Cartel.
    On a side note I have used some of my divorce money to buy a share of Beer Cartel too.

Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Have moved from the suburbs to city fringe and found a great local brewery (Range at Newstead/ Brisbane).
    They do an interesting and diverse variety of beers but have become a little addicted to their Oat Cream IPA's.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Have moved from the suburbs to city fringe and found a great local brewery (Range at Newstead/ Brisbane).
    They do an interesting and diverse variety of beers but have become a little addicted to their Oat Cream IPA's.
    Probably the most consistently good Craft Brewer in Brisbane, they rarely miss.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Do many craft brewers do dark beer anymore? Not wanting to kick the hornets nest, but for me I find most craft beer (guessing IPA) to taste very similar and to hoppy? For my taste. I normally drink everyday beers (Miller, super dry, Byron bay) and find going from them to the crafts to much. I do enjoy a darkish one at the end thou. Normally just a Guinness or Kilkenny but happy to try new

Not really surprising going from beers with hardly any flavour to an overload like an IPA. It would be a bit of a shock to the senses. Most of them have something in between, they're usually called pacific ales or summer ales. As for the dark ones a couple of my favorites are the 4 Pines stout and James Squire porter. Most craft breweries would have a dark beer in their lineup though.

That’s sounds about right, I have found them a bit better if I haven’t had anything else before I have one that day. Squire Porter isn’t to bad haven’t tired the 4 pines stout, didn’t mind the kolsh

Yeah I think IPA, or American IPA is a bit of an acquired taste, I like them but I have certainly tasted bad ones. They're like a pale ale on steroids when they're done well, if they're not they're pretty awful. The English ones are a bit milder in flavour.

I got to a point where I don't really like mainstream beer much. It's alright after golf or working in the yard or whatever on a stinking hot day but otherwise I prefer the more flavourful beers.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Have moved from the suburbs to city fringe and found a great local brewery (Range at Newstead/ Brisbane). They do an interesting and diverse variety of beers but have become a little addicted to their Oat Cream IPA's.
    I just popped in there yesterday to buy their 4th birthday 4-pack of beers. They have a brewery in Melbourne too. Newstead Brewing is around the corner too, which is one of the original craft breweries in Brisbane.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    Do many craft brewers do dark beer anymore? Not wanting to kick the hornets nest, but for me I find most craft beer (guessing IPA) to taste very similar and to hoppy? For my taste. I normally drink everyday beers (Miller, super dry, Byron bay) and find going from them to the crafts to much. I do enjoy a darkish one at the end thou. Normally just a Guinness or Kilkenny but happy to try new
    Pop into White Lies after golf some day and grab a tasting paddle. I think their dark ale at the moment is a hazelnut brown ale. I tend to head there after a round, because of the lack of beer choice at the club. The Pres said I could provide a couple of suggestions though.

Thanks Andy I’ll swing past and have a taste. Good luck getting a bigger selection at the club, unless it has a fish or xxxx on it the oldies won’t buy it

Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    Thanks Andy I’ll swing past and have a taste. Good luck getting a bigger selection at the club, unless it has a fish or xxxx on it the oldies won’t buy it
    Also try the white stout. While not dark, it is a dark style with a bit of a coffee flavour, and I think it is one of the best beers there.

The oldies don't have to drink it, just enough people to make it feasible for the club to keep buying. If it keeps me and a few other people at the club after a round, instead of going somewhere else, then it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Also try the white stout. While not dark, it is a dark style with a bit of a coffee flavour, and I think it is one of the best beers there.The oldies don't have to drink it, just enough people to make it feasible for the club to keep buying. If it keeps me and a few other people at the club after a round, instead of going somewhere else, then it's a good thing.
    Yep totally agree with you on that. Let me know if you get them to stock and I’ll grab one after next round

I still have to get to White lies, it's only a few minutes away and I've been here 3½ years.

There's another brewery, Lucha, on 17 Mile Rocks Rd too.

Thread Information