Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Default *#$%^& South East Freeway!!

It had to happen,

My wife's been driving down that road everyday for the last 3 years and this afternoon it was her turn to get caught in the once a week nose to tail. Thankfully she's fine (a bit shaken and a few aches) but the car on the other hand is a mess.

Approaching the usual slow point at Garden City she came to a complete stop about half a car length behind the car in front of her. She said there was about a 5 second delay before the idiot behind slammed into her. The force pushed her car into the guy in front (a senior detective from Roma St. headquarters).

Consensus amongst the tow truck drivers and myself is that we won't see the car again. No boot left and the back seat was pushed up just behind the front seats. Neither door could be opened and there's a crease right across the roof from B-pillar to B-pillar. Plus the front damage. We'll have to wait and see what the insurer says.

Terrible bloody road!

Ryan

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Ouch

Glad to hear she is ok, the car can be replaced
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Senecio,

So glad to hear she is fine, what the hell was the guy doing ? Talking on a mobile and not paying attention or something ?

I always said to my hubby, "It's not me that will have an accident, some dumb ass who isn't paying attention will do something stoopid..." I am a cautious driver but still enjoy the power my car has but I am not a risk taker in a car... different story on a golf course.

Here's hoping for a speedy insurance claim.

Cheers

Keza

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    Ouch

Glad to hear she is ok, the car can be replaced
    My thoughts exactly. Dont really care about the car. It did a great job of protecting the occupant and that's all that matters.

So glad to hear she is fine, what the hell was the guy doing ? Talking on a mobile and not paying attention or something ?
    Keza,

Its hard to say for sure, but Andrea was a bit suspicious about a mobile phone being involved. Once Andy got over the initial shock of it the first thing she did was crawl out to see if he was OK. When she got to the car he had his ear piece in and was fumbling around on the floor for his phone.

Maybe he was trying to make a call, but he might just be the sort person who always drives with the ear piece in and when he realised he was in an accident he was trying to call someone.

The disturbing thing is that we have a new breed of rubber necks, The amount of people who drove past taking photo's on their mobile was incredible.

Ryan

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I used to live in a spot overlooking the highway at Nerang South (Alexander drive exit) and there was always accidents there where the Onramp hits the south bound lane. I rang 000 plenty of times.

One day I was watching the chaos after a 5 car pile up on the southbound side, and there was a couple of coppers just getting out of the car in the median strip. The look on the face of the coppers was hilarious as they watched a car going northbound locked up his brakes to avoid hitting a car that was pulling off to the side of the road, but then the car behind him plowed into his backside.

Dunno what its like for you northeners but everytime we have an accident on the Pac Highway, both sides of the road have a traffic jam. One side for the accident and the other side becuase of all the boofheads slowing down to have a better look.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by senecio

The disturbing thing is that we have a new breed of rubber necks, The amount of people who drove past taking photo's on their mobile was incredible.

Damn there is some dorks out there.....

Cheers

Keza

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake
    Dunno what its like for you northeners but everytime we have an accident on the Pac Highway, both sides of the road have  a traffic jam.  One side for the accident and the other side becuase of all the boofheads slowing down to have a better look.
    same everywhere you go I reckon, what people get out of a 5 second sticky beak I'll never know ??? human nature I guess.

Pete

Thread Information