Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Jimandr v Matty 8/8/11 Liverpool 10.27am

Result: Matty 3 and 2.

Scores: Matty 32, Jimandr 25, Grunt 23.

Here are details of a very rare event, being a NSW Matchplay game.

Its only taken Matty and myself 7 months to arrange this, but if the planets continue to align, we'll play at Liverpool next Monday.

Grunt will be joining us, but at the moment there is room for one more.
    Last edited by jimandr; 8th August 2011 at 05:21 PM.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Oooh Liverpool, after playing a what is seen as an easier track last week. Things could get real ugly at Liverpool. What is the OzGolf low Stab record nowadays? I am really crap at the moment.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'll fight you for the record Grunt, the way I'm hitting it at the moment!

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

You were not in the hunt Matty. My 23 points was no match for your 30 odd.

Thanks for hte game guys, I wish I could say I saw some improvement in my game but I dont think I can. I may have putted ok but not that flash
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thanks for the game boys. Was a bit scrappy all round. I was pretty happy to come away with 33 points considering I haven't played there before. I really enjoyed the course and thought there were some great holes, especially a couple of the Par 3's. Also thought the greens were about as good as they get. For the record I edged out Jimandr for the matchplay win. Up to PG and Kristian to have their match.

I'm hoping Kristian gets up (no offense PG). It's just that it would be an easy match to organise as we live close to each other!
    Last edited by matty; 8th August 2011 at 06:50 PM.

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Thanks for the game boys. Was a bit scrappy all round. I was pretty happy to come away with 33 points considering I haven't played there before. I really enjoyed the course and thought there were some great holes, especially a couple of the Par 3's. Also thought the greens were about as good as they get. For the record I edged out Jimandr for the matchplay win. Up to PG and Kristian to have their match.

I'm hoping Kristian gets up (no offence PG). It's just that it would be an easy match to organise as we live close to each other!
    Originally PG had offered to concede a few months back due to him being very busy with other goings on...I'm still keen to get a match in though so that if I do get through it won't be a walkover. We'll work on that over the next couple of days.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Scores are in the opening thread.

Matty was an easy winner of our match today. The final score of 3/2 flattered me.

I was depending upon him to hit bad shots rather than winning holes with my own good play, as I simply couldn't make anything happen.

Despite the score, I actually hit the ball fairly well, I just kept either hitting the wrong club or just not quite hitting it to the right spot. I got a fair bit of bunker practice today, and got up and down 3 out of 5, which is pretty good for me.

The weather was good for golf, the company was excellent. I just need to pick a course that I can play well at. I've never done well at Liverpool, and today was worse that normal.

Thanks for the game, lads.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Thread Information