Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ust v2 shafts?

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Default ust v2 shafts?

These shafts seem to have gone really quite of late. I had it , a 57g one in my 909 and loved the feel and feedback of it. ( I have a pretty average swing speed so need a light weight shaft) I remember they were quite popular quite a while back. Is that still the case, or have they just been superseded by the new comers? Actually thinking about getting a 913D2 and with the same 57g V2 fitted for it. Any thoughts?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

It's quite a old shaft now, lots of new shafts have superseded it.

Still a quality stable shaft

Always felt a bit boardy to me, but I played 76 grams
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Go and try the range of shafts at a Titleist demo day.
    http://www.titleist.com.au/events/
    Alternatively, book a couple of hours at Pure Performance Golf.

ps. Never tried a V2 before, but I recently had a game with a made-for-Wilson V2 HMOI in an old 5w, and consistency was unbelievable. (Distance and rollout with a 5yo square head was lacking.)
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by davepuppies View Post
    It's quite a old shaft now, lots of new shafts have superseded it.

Still a quality stable shaft

Always felt a bit boardy to me, but I played 76 grams
    I used a couple of 66g (I think) regular V2 shafts in my driver and 3 wood for ages with great success. I didnt get the same love when I switched to a stiff in my 3 wood. I still got a Flighted stiff V2 in my back up driver.

I still playing a proforce gold 65 (the shaft before the V2) in my 5 wood and I love the thing and will soon have on in my 3 wood. Nothing wrong with older shafts as long as u like them.

For what its worth, I don't know if the Redtie profile is similar to a V2, but I find them quite similar but the redtie is a little more stable. I got one in my JetSpeed driver and I love it.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I've never hit the lighter versions of the V2 but if they were in any way similar to the heavier 76g model (with 'S for shaft' which I believe are Japanese made V2) then you might like a 913D2 with the Aldila RIP Phenom shaft. Not as stout as V2 and better feel, probably best stock Titleist shaft for 913

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I have tried a fair few of the high end shafts and still prefer the V2. I use it in both my driver and 3w and it doesn't feel harsh to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I have tried a fair few of the high end shafts and still prefer the V2. I use it in both my driver and 3w and it doesn't feel harsh to me at all.
    I've got one in my 4 wood and they are such an awesome fairway wood shaft. Not long back there were still quite a few to be found on tour. In the right weight these and the Blueboard were cult FW shafts with their perfectly suited profile and tight torque.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I also heard that u don't lack any club head speed, so you would no problems loading these!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    I've got one in my 4 wood and they are such an awesome fairway wood shaft. Not long back there were still quite a few to be found on tour. In the right weight these and the Blueboard were cult FW shafts with their perfectly suited profile and tight torque.
    I was wondering when u were going to pop up

AS I said, I have a really mild tempo for my swing and that's why lightweight shafts worked for me. I went in to a shop and tried a number of shafts with the 913D2 (though the shop didn't have a Bassara 50g available, which I imagine would be the one that suits my swing tempo) Nothing really jumped out at me like the V2, to be honest, and hence the curiosity. The only one that came close was a Fubuki 50g on a Cally Big Bertha. I still think the V2 is a great shaft and it's good see they are still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    I also heard that u don't lack any club head speed, so you would no problems loading these!!!

I have slowed a bit and tried to calm the swing down, but have no issues with the 76x in driver and 85x in 3w. I actually find them really smooth.

It's funny that Nuke mentions the Blueboard. If the v2 ever gets benched, it is replaced with a Blueboard. Great shafts.

I have slowed a bit and tried to calm the swing down, but have no issues with the 76x in driver and 85x in 3w. I actually find them really smooth.

It's funny that Nuke mentions the Blueboard. If the v2 ever gets benched, it is replaced with a Blueboard. Great shafts.
    I had the Reg V2 in a VSteel 3 Wood and loved it for years, but as my swing got better, it started to feel too whippy. I changed to a stiff 76g and it just wasn't the same.

Yeh, yeh
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I had the Reg V2 in a VSteel 3 Wood and loved it for years, but as my swing got better, it started to feel too whippy. I changed to a stiff 76g and it just wasn't the same.
    Funny you say that. My mate had a stiff in an older driver. I tried it and thought it was way too boardy. I didn't try another for years.

Rubes sold me the driver shaft for $40, was a nice cheap experiment that worked better than I could have imagined.

Bracketed them as they are basically the same profile, both with tight torque. Perfectemundo FW shafts and a lot on tour used the 76 in driver like yourself. The difference is the Blueboard for the massive majority will feel much smoother.

Most that find the V2 smooth are higher SS players that fully load the shaft. For me personally i find mine middle of the pack feel wise, which i am 100% happy with given the performance.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Major Winner

My most favourite shaft ever.

They are under $90 each, have pretty much every weight and flex you could want and they are very stable.

Not many people I cant fit into the shaft. and I still play the V2 57Gr in stiff in my RBZ and Jetspeed

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    My most favourite shaft ever.

They are under $90 each, have pretty much every weight and flex you could want and they are very stable.

Not many people I cant fit into the shaft. and I still play the V2 57Gr in stiff in my RBZ and Jetspeed
    I know who to turn to for help now if I am not happy with the stock shaft (Bassara 50) of my upcoming purchase And it is at least affordable.

Thread Information