Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Week Commencing 27th June

New Week - Hopefully Better Game!!!
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

Senior Member Major Winner

Default Re: Week Commencing 27th June

Quote Originally Posted by McMw
    New Week - Hopefully Better Game!!!  
    I've never seen a more flagrant post-boost, and the chance to get your name in lights..
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

is there a prize for most posts???
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Wilson TPA Blade

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Definitely Not. We dont want Jarro to win anything.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

kid called me up....he was caddying at the Brunei Open for some Aussie...made some cash...

late toff - abt 450, so didn't think we could finish...but we did, with plenty of sunlight left...awesome...

kid shot 4 over for the nine, which is not bad considering he hasn't played in 2weeks...
    I only had the one bogey from a failed up/down...but 7 GIRs is good...17putts isn't...
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Wilson TPA Blade

Quote Originally Posted by McMw
    kid called me up....he was caddying at the Brunei Open for some Aussie...made some cash...
    thats a surprise. for that tournament every player had to pay $450 US extra for a caddy fee. The organisers flew in the caddies from Malaysia, and accomadation and airfares had to be paid for.

So if the kid didnt make $450 he got ripped off
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

our new pro at Panaga is an aussie, and this player (frens) called him to arrange a caddy (good one/player) to caddy for him...
    so I guess our pro asked the kid if he was interested...
    7 days work...earnt a tad under 1000BND...abt 580USD...

we had a list up not long ago for volunteer caddies at our club...last time I checked, we had 8 names...and I'm sure I saw 3 of them playing golf at the club last week...

kid and I had a good yak during our game...said his pro was really lucky to shoot as well as he did, coz he was really struggling with his swing and alignment...

FWIW, I told the kid I wouldn't caddy (if I was gonna get paid) for less 1K USD...
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Wilson TPA Blade

standard fee is 5%for a caddy so he must have got a top 10 bloke, well done

whats the name of the pro at panaga,  seems a lot of aussies are now drifting into asia to get the big bucks.  beats flogging themselves for $300 pro-am cheques.
    --
    Handy-Cap

pro's name is Bradley Wright...he came over from Singapore's Tanah Merah course...

still can't believe the comm was able to conjur up some black magic to convince him to leave Singapore to come work here...

but he's here, and he's doing well...
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Wilson TPA Blade

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

My two days off this weel:

Wednesday - raining hard
    Thursday - raining really hard

Forecast for the real weekend - fine

Played foursomes stableford yesterday with the "partner from hell". Pretty ordinary 17 points on the front nine - and then the rot set in. We had 7 ( yes 7) points on the back nine. I never thought that anyone could play so badly. Believe it or not I played ok but when someone is so off their game as my partner was - it's just imposible to recover.
    On one of the par threes I teed off - landed just on the front. I said " just putt it up as close as you can - she said no - I'll chip. The "chip" flies over the green into a bunker. I make a nice bunker shot - about 3 metres from the pin. She wallops the putt off the front of the green. I chip up within a metre - she wallops the putt about 3 metres past. My putt lips out and she glares at me and rolls her eyes - how I controlled myself from ramming a driver up her clacker I'll never know.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl
    Played foursomes stableford yesterday with the "partner from hell".  Pretty ordinary 17 points on the front nine - and then the rot set in. We had 7 ( yes 7) points on the back nine. I never thought that anyone could play so badly. Believe it or not I played ok but when someone is so off their game as my partner was - it's just imposible to recover.
    On one of the par threes I teed off - landed just on the front. I said " just putt it up as close as you can - she said no - I'll chip. The "chip" flies over the green into a bunker. I make a nice bunker shot - about 3 metres from the pin. She wallops the putt off the front of the green. I chip up within a metre - she wallops the putt about 3 metres past. My putt lips out and she glares at me and rolls her eyes - how I controlled myself from ramming a driver up her clacker I'll never know.

Flowergirl, How many shot's did you get on the Par 3 your lip out was for 7

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl
    you are strong (clap clap stronnng!) you are invincible.....you are FGeeeeee!

you really should have slapped her one...i thought about this for a bit, how it might be construed me saying resort to physical violence yadda yadda..... but FG i think the universe was on your side to give her good slapping...

or maybe hold her down and give her a pink belly in front of everyone on the course.....

had an 88 at Windaroo today with Tezza, should've been another Ozgolfer present but he was a no show  :P .. wonder who it was  

hit the ball alright, just had a couple of brainfarts when i started looking at my scorecard  
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Shot 6 over par today in the medal round - with losing 5 shots against the course on the 5th (par 5 - yes, an 11) due to an encounter with rule 11-4b. Got on a streak after that and pulled back a few shots, but in the end missed putts cost me.

The course was still wet but very playable, but there was no run in the fairways at all. Got off the tee consistently well, and iron play was quite good, even if the club selection wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    Shot 6 over par today in the medal round - with losing 5 shots against the course on the 5th (par 5 - yes, an 11) due to an encounter with rule 11-4b. Got on a streak after that and pulled back a few shots, but in the end missed putts cost me.
    ok, so you had an 11, which is 6 over par on one hole, and you shoot 6 over par ??? you play off 18, so you were 12 up, congrats so what did the missed putts cost you, 3 under par ???

Well played Dan, almost ?? 6 over your handicap in a medal round, with an 11, must give you hope for next time .

Pete

You duffer Pete...

At this stage glad to see the ball go where i wanted it more often than not. And i've taken heart from losing a pill on the 16th today - out of bounds LEFT

Quote Originally Posted by jarro
    had an 88 at Windaroo today with Tezza, should've been another Ozgolfer present but he was a no show  :P .. wonder who it was  

hit the ball alright, just had a couple of brainfarts when i started looking at my scorecard  
    You Turned up So you have me BAFFLED

Last game at Royal Logan today....only 12 holes open

BUT....I worked one thing out 12 hole courses are the way to go shot 46 of the bat, par of 47 :P

2 Birds and 1 bogey

Also got to play off 2.5

76 today....just couldn't get off the bogey express on the back nine...

and a 3 putt on the 7th from 20ft away, with a LIPPED birdie as well...that HURT!!!
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Wilson TPA Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Suppose to play LGC's month medal but part of course under water and become a mini 12 hole comp.

Me and Kee decided to play 21 holes instead (12 holes comp... then play another 9 again for practise)....

And for the 18 holes we played completely.... I... finally... break.... 90!

10-18: 45 and 19-27: 44 = 89!

WOOHOO!!!!!!

nice shootin A-Lo
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Monthly Medal yesterday & last round before I head overseas. Shot 78 (Nett 71). Made a couple of birdies, and missed a couple more. It's funny that one of my goals every time I play, is to not make a double bogey or worse. Well, I parred the first, and then, you guessed it, doubled the second.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

4BBB Stableford today. Very, very wet conditions. Rain stopped just before play, but the course was soaked.

We tag-teamed pretty well for most of the day (except for a wipe & a 1-pointer), and ground out 44 points.
    WITB: TBA

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Golf is a strange game. Hurts you for months, but it only takes one good game for all the love to flood back.

Yesterday in the monthly medal I shot 73, minus 8 for net 65. Won the medal. The game was also the qualifying round for the club matchplay championships. I was hoping to shoot around 80 to get in the top 16. I have qualified second!

Purely and simply, I played great yesterday in conditions that should not suit me. The course was damp, with not much run, so from the plates played very long. But, as the stats show, I kept hitting fairways and then kept hitting greens with two or three clubs longer than usual.

Fairways = 13 of 14
    Green in Reg = 14 of 18
    Putts = 33, one three-putt, three birdies
    Up & Down = 1 of 4, two lip outs.

My best round for over a year
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Congrats Jim

Best of luck in the match play championships.

I have not played this week due to weather and work. Going to hit it hard this week fine tuning for my pennants debut next weekend.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Thread Information