Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Possible fakes on ebay...

Just a heads up, these clubs just don't seem right with the headshapes and some of the markings...

Not sure though, let me know what you think...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=3681205165

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=3681205393

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=3680683027

I think their all fakes, especially the R580 but the GBB looks like it might be a Japanese model. I do think the J and the R580 are fakes.

Nick

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

they are all fake, especially the GBB2 and J
    TM R1 - Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TXTaylor Made 200 Tour 15 Prolite 35X Taylor Made 300Forged 2 Iron Rifle 6.0 Nike Victory Red TW 3-PW Project X 6.0 Nike VR 52°, Vokey SM7 58/12Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Prototype Cameron Long Neck

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

they look alright to me.

What makes you guys think they're fakes
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

The look of them, they do not look completely right and the quality of the buyers post isn't reassuring.

Nick

I cant find a fault with them. The bore through plug on the J is legit, something a fake would never have, the shaft on the taylor is legit and the head also looks legit. The finsih on them look too good to be fakes, the paint looks like its finished correctly. The lofts are correct, typically in fakes the lofts are all wrong.

I cant see why anyone would think these are fakes.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Ben, Ebay expert I guess

Terry.

Terry,

Nah I've just had pretty much every fake you could imagine sent to me from foundries. Its disgusting that some foundries stoop to it. you really get to see a lot of crap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Not sayin your the ebay expert,just the guys pickin em

Terry.

I didn't say for sure these are fake, but the head shapes definately look odd and some of the markings...

the colour on the head of the GBB2 isnt right, Callaway never made that shaft either, the face on the J isnt right but the 580 seems fine
    TM R1 - Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TXTaylor Made 200 Tour 15 Prolite 35X Taylor Made 300Forged 2 Iron Rifle 6.0 Nike Victory Red TW 3-PW Project X 6.0 Nike VR 52°, Vokey SM7 58/12Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Prototype Cameron Long Neck

Sorry tez I miss read your post I pretty much stay away from ebay these days myself.

The JV60 shaft came out as a standard shaft in japan in the Callaway GBB II+ driver.

I think the problem you could be seeing with the face of the 975j is the lighting of the shot. The score lines are correct, which again on fakes usually isnt the case.

btw.. i am all for stoping fakes on ebay, i hope no one gets me wrong. but a sellers reputation can be killed by a forum because they were branded as fakes where they are legit clubs.. all I am saying is be careful and do the research before saying they are fakes (Taylor I know you didn't say, you just asked the question which I don't see a problem with).

Senior Member Major Winner

I don't know about the GBB and the TM , but I just compared the J to my own and I can't see anything wrong with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor360
    I didn't say for sure these are fake, but the head shapes definately look odd and some of the markings...
    I think the photos are just distorted . The shot of the GBB face is a shocker. I think that if anyone were to go to the trouble of making fakes they would at least get the shape right.

Interesting post...

The Callaway definitely looks like a fake to me. I've seen lots of GBB2s go through the local clubmaker (always need a reshaft) and the problems are:
    1. Sole plate - the "d" on "driver" is too small... the "d" on these clubs is the same size as the rest of the letters;
    2. Face shot - I agree that this does not look at all like a Callaway face should look... a real Callaway is lower in the heel and higher in the toe and you can see more "non-face" material around the edges (i.e. the curved parts of the clubhead that aren't shiny finished)... also the groove markings are wrong... Callaways have two almost vertical LINES to delineate the width of the target area on the face... this club uses DOTS; and
    3. Top view - this may be distorted but this club is much longer heel to toe and much shallower depth wise than a real Callaway.

Haven't looked at the others in as much detail but the Titleist appears to have a sight marking that is too large to me (had a look at many JVS from the address position).

Thread Information