Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
Being mentally strong means you have no mental weaknesses. If you think his persona and mental strength is the same as his pre "golf club through the window" state then you should patent your rose coloured glasses
No - it means you have very few mental weaknesses. I don't think his mental ability or love of competing has changed.

I am positive his life priorities have.

Quote Originally Posted by Veefore View Post
I also don't think you are going to see players falling over themselves to cough up the win as soon as tiger's name appears on the leader board like you used to.
If he wins 6 events next season - I am sure it will be back to business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
I reckon his latest issues are more mental than physical. There's a definite chink in his armour and I don't reckon he'll ever dominate again like he has in the past.
Depends on his family life.

Think of it this way - your 16 years old, life at home is magic, Mum and Dad are looking after you and you are dominating every amateur junior event you play. Your top 5 most in almost all your events and you are just crushing your opponents.

6 months later, mum and dad split, mum hits the Prosac. Your Dad knocks you round a bit and you get a wrist injury in one of the scuffles. You now have to spend more time at home looking after your mum and help her deal with depression. Your golf goes downhill as you can't practice as much, your wrist hurts and school work is starting mount up.

Are you still as mentally strong as you were before ? Are you missing those 3 footers because your choking when under pressure ?

Or have you just got other things on your mind and cant practice as much as you use to due to injury and other commitments ?