Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 ... LastLast
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Amazing that the fitist bloke in golf can't play due to being injury all the time???

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimnhit View Post
    Amazing that the fitist bloke in golf can't play due to being injury all the time???
    Yeah, but his usual cardio workouts have become less frequent
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

goughy

Has he too much muscle mass these days? Too much muscle while trying to be flexible at the same time?

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Has he too much muscle mass these days? Too much muscle while trying to be flexible at the same time?
    Don't know much about either

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    I don't think so, nor are the two mutually exclusive.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

For a time there he forgot he was human. Big mistake.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

goughy

He was a sexbot!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueReview View Post
    I think the "Punk Bitch" is trying to sort it out.
    "Unfortunately, I've been advised that I should not play in the British Open," Woods said. "As I stated at the AT&T National, I am only going to come back when I'm 100 percent ready. I do not want to risk further injury. That's different for me, but I'm being smarter this time. I'm very disappointed and want to express my regrets to the British Open fans."

"In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have competed at THE PLAYERS, but it's a big event, and I wanted to be there to support the tour," Woods said. "I've got to learn from what I did there and do it right this time and not come back until I'm ready.

"I think my best years are still ahead of me, and I'm very confident and optimistic about the future."
    More here.
    Dont you roll your eyes at me.....punk bitch

Im a tiger fan but i think he has some serious mental issues,all self inflicted,sad.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

is it really self inflicted though? I think that his fathers mental training as a child has had a significant influence. Not saying he never had a choice but seems like he was trained much like the special forces are, who have enormous difficulties adjusting to civilian life.

IMHO, I reckon he has a dodgey left knee and isn't playing that well because of all the issues that flow on because of it.

I don't think mentally there are any issues anywhere in his game, or ever have been.

The guy is a absolute rock.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

He was raised to be the best in the world and even had a sports psychologist as his caddie during junior tournaments. I don't think he has any concept of what "normal" is. Closest analogy I can think of is Michael Jackson. [shudder]

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    IMHO, I reckon he has a dodgey left knee and isn't playing that well because of all the issues that flow on because of it.
    I don't think mentally there are any issues anywhere in his game, or ever have been.

I don't know if it effected his game but surely it would have had to effected his general life. Why would he have been wearing dark sunglasses on the course when he first came back if his demise in his personal life had no effect mentally?

Virge, Tiger has played injured before and demolished the field, but lately his putter has deserted him.

Can we blame the knee for that, or is it something else ??

I too believe it's the leg that is the main thing that's causing the problems.

The snowball effect is prevalent in golf and it is definitely evident in tiger's game. Once one thing goes bad, the pressure mounts on the other areas and soon they too will crumble.
    If he comes back healthy and starts striking the ball well again, you can be pretty sure that his putting will return as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I too believe it's the leg that is the main thing that's causing the problems.

The snowball effect is prevalent in golf and it is definitely evident in tiger's game. Once one thing goes bad, the pressure mounts on the other areas and soon they too will crumble.
    If he comes back healthy and starts striking the ball well again, you can be pretty sure that his putting will return as well.
    + 1

he is getting old. with age comes fear. all of a sudden he is human.
    Pffft

I've said this before, he needs to explore the true depths of adversity before he can truly be called great. Nicklaus went through it in his late 30s with his failed businesses and money problems.

You can definitely call him great already with what he has accomplished.

It's the whole 'wondering in the wilderness' thing. Develop perspective of where one fits in the whole scheme of things and then you get cream.

Quote Originally Posted by jarro View Post
    Virge, Tiger has played injured before and demolished the field, but lately his putter has deserted him.

Can we blame the knee for that, or is it something else ??
    So his legs hurts - he fixes it, he gets caught rooting, loses his wife and kids. he then get some bloody stupid media advice and acts like a total dick in front of the world... the backlash starts and the media start treating him like crap as opposed to a god. The "reverence" in no longer there...

The body is not responding to the endless hours of training like it use to... he has had the change his swing pattern and in typical Tiger style changes everything from Tee to Green. He has been at it a few months or so and the swing is such a major change he can't quite get it... family issues mean he cannot practice like he use to and the knee is acting up again.

These are not mental issues, sure it is about mental toughness - but this is just a pile of shit stacking up on your doorstep that you have to deal with in order and as it comes. It has only been 18 months . . FFS

If it was me - you would have found me crying in a corner, rocking gently backwards and forwards mumbling to myself.

He just needs some time to get all his shit in one sock, and then "maybe" re-focus on golf . . . as he has said a thousand times... golf really aint that important when the rest of your life in a mess. He is still doing a stack of stuff for his brands, not to mention the TW foundation that he seems to open one every other month.

I personally don't give a shit about his family life, who he slept with, and how he has screwed up his life over the last couple of years. People are use to him winning 7-8 events a year and that cannot happen when you don't have the support team to keep you going. You are going to get hot and cold streaks just like everyone else.

I am in absolute awe of the guy, what he has done for golf, his TW foundations and other charity work, for sport in general and for the entertainment value he has brought to the game of golf which is a bloody boring game without a personality like him. All this bullshit about not being mentally strong enough to win anymore is a bunch of mindless dribble by people who cannot see past the weekend.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by virge666; 10th July 2011 at 11:11 AM.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

I am in absolute awe of the guy, what he has done for golf, his TW foundations and other charity work, for sport in general and for the entertainment value he has brought to the game of golf which is a bloody boring game without a personality like him.
    I barely watch any professional golf, so I'm not really qualified to comment here, but does he really bring personality to the game? That's not really something I associate with Tiger. I thought he spent most of the time being intensely focused, and he only comes out of the bubble for fist-pumping celebration (which doesn't count as personality for me) or grumpy tantrums.

That said, I've read a couple of accounts from Aussie pros that he's a lot of fun, so maybe I'm just missing it because I'm not taking notice.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

He appreciates a good fart!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by aimnhit View Post
    And that his injury concerns have prolonged after his Canadian Dr friend came under investigation by the FBI for supplying HGH to athletes.
    And the mayor announced from Thursday on should not be shat into the creek anymore, because on Saturday beer is brewed.

All this bullshit about not being mentally strong enough to win anymore is a bunch of mindless dribble by people who cannot see past the weekend.
    Being mentally strong means you have no mental weaknesses. If you think his persona and mental strength is the same as his pre "golf club through the window" state then you should patent your rose coloured glasses

Thread Information