Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default Week commencing 13th June 2005

2 words to sum up this mornings hit;

"Not quite"

Could have used it 18 times today. 30 pts, 2 wipes (1 & 6). Both wipes were putt-less.

Driving was more respectable, short game dreadful. Only 3-putt was for 6/2 (but it was a solid 2 pointer).
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

We had 2 late withdrawals so the match play between Clubmaker Gary and Jimandr did not go ahead and a reschedule will be needed.

The "Carnarvon Challenge" for the PRINCELEY SUM of $5 between Speirsy and Jono finished up with a 6 & 5 win to Speirsy on the day. Jono's parting comment was "Don't spend the money. I will win it back" so the challenge is alive and well.

Final scores for the day were (par event)

Speirsy +4 (1 under off the stick. Handicap of 4 Monstered the ball all day long)

Jimandr +2 (hit the ball really well all day and probably left a couple of shots out on the course. The crows loved his balls )

Pinglauncher -4 (I was the local and could not read the greens with the assistance of a street directory )

Jono -8 (Didn't see much of Jono's play and he wasn't letting on much at the end of the day. Something about S300's )

Virgal Tracy -10 (Was unlucky enough to be on the same line as me for quite a few putts. Lets just say my reads did not help )

Ping Jnr -10 (I have never seen him play worse than today but he kept his chin up for which I was proud of him)

All in all a good day I hope was had by all. The weather was perfect, the greens were in pretty good nick and there were plenty of crows to chase.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Ping,

Thanks for your report on the day. However, you put it in the wrong section We'll forgive you, as it is your first OzGolf day, and obviously first time as host I didn't know you had provided a report when I posted in the 1st Tee area. Fortunately, it looks like we collaborated, as I didn't say much you didn't say here.

To my game...

A much improved 2 up today that could have been significantly better. If the CCR is 71, today will be the first time I've broken my handicap this year.

Even better than scoring well was actually hitting the ball well for the first time in a long time.

Fairways = 8 of 14
    GIR = 10 of 18
    Putts = 33, one three putt, one birdie. Short putting from 5 feet and under was good.
    Up and Down = 3 of 4
    Sand Saves = 0 of 1 an absolute shocker under pressure of the gallery's gaze at our last hole.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Sorry everyone, I was not sure where to post the report. I will assume I have been officially chastised and promise to do better next time.

I have even put my apology in both areas

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

A very sloppy 32 points for me yesterday.... Started with 3 bogeys and just never got going.

Missed waaaay too many greens with wedges in my hands (any greens is too many, with wedges), butchered the par 5's with poor tee shots, and just generally felt out of whack all day long.

Oh well, there is always next weekend....
    WITB: TBA

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Played like sheet~~

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

did someone authorise the change to the naming convention of the Topic Subject?

i thought this was about the West Coast eagles latest game.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake
    did someone authorise the change to the naming convention of the Topic Subject?

i thought this was about the West Coast eagles latest game.
    Except they didn't play on Monday..

Sorry for not conforming to the traditional naming convention..
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

IT blokes should know better. Need a project manager, sub committee, and at least 15 meetings before a naming convention can be changed.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

that's for developers. Help desk says whatever they want and some ppl do believe it anyway

played 9 after the weekend tortures...

5 careless bogeys against 2 lucky birdies...I'll take it...
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

I've missed my golf recently with Brad's busted shoulder, but went out for a hit in the ladies comp today. Played ok for 38 points - could have been a better if I didn't hit 2 OOBs on the 2nd and 3rd

Hopefully the handicap should drop back down to 21.3

nice shooting Amanda
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Thanks J - nice to be back in the winner's circle

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by amanda
    I've missed my golf recently with Brad's busted shoulder, but went out for a hit in the ladies comp today.  Played ok for 38 points - could have been a better if I didn't hit 2 OOBs on the 2nd and 3rd  

Hopefully the handicap should drop back down to 21.3  
    Mandy, good to see you are back into the groove, even though you have had some time off and aren't playing as much. What was the trick to finishing on the right side of 36 points?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    Mandy, good to see you are back into the groove, even though you have had some time off and aren't playing as much.  What was the trick to finishing on the right side of 36 points?
    My putting and general short game today was 100% better than it's been in ages. Even if I left a putt way short, I somehow sunk everything within 3m

I think it came down to having no expectations of playing brilliantly - especially after 3 holes I had only 3 points

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

A butt-ugly 82 today.  I've been crook for a couple of weeks, and haven't practiced at all, and it showed today.  Lost interest on the back nine (and I'm cranky with myself for that---- I hate that), and just stunk it up pretty good.  OB on the last tee shot was a fitting end to a crappy day.
    WITB: TBA

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

A fairly ordinary 34 points today, but it could have been a lot worse. 4 doubles, all taking four to get down from near the green.

Fairways = 10 of 14, but not many really good ones
    GIR = 8 of 18
    Putts = 34, 2 three putts, no birdies
    Up & Down = 1 of 4
    Sand Saves = 2 of 5.

I need to share my partner's score today. He was off 9.

I have never seen anything like this. Both of us hacked around the front nine, me 14pts, him 15pts. We're talking on the 10th tee, and he says 'you never know, i've had a few 15 +22 scores before'. My 20 points was good, but he played good early, then finished with 4 BIRDIES IN A ROW Every shot was down the middle, and he just couldn't miss a putt. 11 putts, 3 under off the stick, 26 points.

He won't be beaten on countback, I'm sure of that
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Had a hit at The Glades yesterday, the good game from last week took all my good shots. Could not hit a fairway or green, putts would not drop and poor day all round. 1 o'clock tee time did not help with darkness hitting us by 15. Will hit it hard this week to rectify the problems as I am not back at work for another 12 days. Got to get this right b4 C grade pennants season.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

6 down, Par Event..

off to Nelson Bay GC in the morning :P

7 fairways
    5 greens
    30 putts
    32 pts
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Played Nudgee plate today
    89/77
    Putts 33
    Greens 3
    Fairways 6

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

19/06/2005, Nudgee GC North, Nudgee Plate.

For the second round in a row since being off my new handicap 11, I've played to it. I thought I actually played better than that today, but had a couple of shots that let me down. I definitely feel like I left a few out there.

Drives were a bit all over the place, but I am hitting the irons the best I ever have, and the putting is feeling good. Even sinking the occasional longun.

I am either on a little bit of a hot streak or am starting to play a bit closer to my potential. I would like to think the latter, with more improvement to come.

6/14 effective T-shots.
    8/18 effective approaches.
    33 putts.
    ----------------
    1 birdie.
    9 pars.
    5 bogeys.
    2 doubles.
    1 other.

Score 40-42-82 nett 71 (36-35-71)

Wen for a social 9 at Half Moon Bay this afternoon with some guys from work. Bogied the first, then had 8 consecutive pars with 2 lipped out birdies. Made some good putts to save par on a few others. Ho hum, back to work for another week now.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Courty did you say Gidday to Alex while you were there
    --
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information