Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Default WA 2011 Matchplay

Last edited by MegaWatty; 3rd July 2011 at 04:10 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Terrible!
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Both have big hair. Conditioner is the winner here.
    Who has a clip from that Adam Sandler movie, think it was off Billy Maddison:

"Shampoo is better, I go on first and clean da hair"
    "Conditioner is better, I leave da hair silky and smooth"
    "Ohh really fool, ohh really, (bash) (bash) (bash)!"
    Last edited by Nuffie; 18th March 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Jetspeed 9.5 Fubuki Zeta Tour 60g S
    Jetspeed 15 Matrix VeloxT 65g S
    Jetspeed 3 hyb 19 Matrix VeloxT 69g S
    CG588 4i-PW TT Action Lite 85 R
    RTX588 48/8, 54/8 and 60/8 TT Action Light
    Ghost Tour Putter
    Project a
    http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapH..._no=6011993172

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

OK, Shadesy and I are needing a 2 day extension please Megawatty. Locked in for April 2. Course of choice is Binningup.

Fit and I need a 3 month extension, so yours is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by adlo View Post
    OK, Shadesy and I are needing a 2 day extension please Megawatty. Locked in for April 2. Course of choice is Binningup.

Its on:

Shadesy
    4h9opv.jpg

V

Adlo

scott-mosier_photoboxart_160w.jpg

Binningup Golf Course, April 2.

I have suggested in making it a scratch MP but I am not sure what Adlo is off. I play to anything under 17 this weekend (KB, Black Tees, Stroke) and I drop to 13 for the first time in my short golfing career.
    Last edited by Shadesy; 21st March 2011 at 12:00 PM.

UnCivil War Record 2-0-0

Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesy View Post
    KB, Black Tees, Stroke
    Thats going to be a tough day on saturday. Monthly medal of the blacks.......
    long and soft

GL: 6011911179

You gonna post the result of yesterday rubin...in here, so MW can find it?

simmsy may have been replaced in the MP...but the early exit result remained UNCHANGED!

Bourbonator 3 & 1. Hansel made a remarkable comeback down the stretch.

ACR 76 Rubin so great chance to get cut. If you shoot anything under 98 mate, you will get cut!

I'm hanging on 13.5 but the next 6 rounds are not in my top 10. So anything under 94 for me Saturday will see me drop. But that if I can keep it in the park for large portions of the round.

UnCivil War Record 2-0-0

In WAnker tradition, too many threads to keep track of !

Final result was Bergsey 3 & 1

I think in the end it was equal parts meltdown from Rubin, part comeback from Bergsey

The 6 foot putt to win the hole and halve the match on 14 was pivotal though
    You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

Rubin losing a ball on 16, then taking 4 shots to get past your drive on 17 was equally pivotal. It meant little pressure was on you toward the end & let you off the hook.

Well done Bergsey. I gave you the comeback formula at WAGC the other week but you improved the recipe for the win.

Tough luck Rubin. Sounds like you guys had fun out there.
    Pieface, no longer the resident chopper, giant fweak. Lives in a pineapple under the sea
    witb?

We ALL chopped it all day actually.

Plus we had to listen to Nuffie explain the swing changes he now has to make to his new swing changes, to compensate for the new shafts and weights of his clubs...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    Rubin losing a ball on 16, then taking 4 shots to get past your drive on 17 was equally pivotal. It meant little pressure was on you toward the end & let you off the hook.
    The 16 was a killer IMO. I thought that even though it was right, it would be a nice little knock onto the green and i could keep it in play. 17 I just tried to kill the ball of the tee meaning i bounced the driver into the ball and a dirty duck hook into the left crap.

Well played to Bergsey though.
    long and soft

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    We ALL chopped it all day actually.

Plus we had to listen to Nuffie explain the swing changes he now has to make to his new swing changes, to compensate for the new shafts and weights of his clubs...
    and his practice chipping up the par 3's.........
    long and soft

Well played yesterday Bergsey, good effort to hold the nerve for the last few holes. One would hardly tell that the matchplay thing is new to you. Thanks to Tourfit for inviting us onto a course that truly feels a treat to play.

Unlucky Rubin, but chin up mate and stick at it. I agree with what Fit suggested yesterday - if some X100 shafts go into your clubs I reckon you will be hitting it a lot flatter and straighter. You are certainly strong enough to play X-stiff shafts (unlike my pint-sized whippet self) and I dont think your swing is too bad really (besides the slight overswing), it just might seem worse by your shafts loading and flexing a lot at impact - exaggerating the outcome of the poorer shots. As you get the ball going further and straighter again, your confidence will grow and the rest of the game will come back. It wont need lessons mate, you've been off low numbers before. Its a mind game, you know you can do it.

As for me (and I'm going to lay off this topic now, as you guys are prob sick of hearing about it on here, and I'm just as sick of talking about it to be honest) - this will be the last time my clubs change for ages (and I really mean it this time).

It was a struggle at first to get the hang of the new heads/shafts and was getting them heavy during the round. BUT after just moving the ball position an inch further back on the range yesterday after the game, the irons really started coming out nice. This will be the focus of the next few weeks, getting this right.

No swing change Fit, just needed to catch that ball a little earlier on the downswing. Chunkier heads and slightly bigger cavities in the irons and wedges (than the old irons, wedges were blades), will launch higher and bottom out earlier. This was happening with full shots, even chipping with the wedges. But I was starting to see improvements after the game, with a bit of 'innovative' thinking. I am onto this and need to keep on it...

The Scotty Newport has also been CPR'd back to life - thanks to TourFit adding weight to the head. It felt great yesterday, but there is work to be done on the other aspects - getting consistency back in the chipping and the iron play. Staying positive is the key and this will come .
    Last edited by Nuffie; 21st March 2011 at 03:06 PM.

Ghost Tour Putter
    Project a

Blog Entries

Cheers nuff...... I managed to read the whole post as well!

I know i'm doing something wrong though. Today is the first time in my life I have woken up stiff and sore from golf the previous day. I think it would have to be down to the over-rotation. I didn't know i was going so far on the backswing!
    long and soft

Quote Originally Posted by rubin1909 View Post
    Cheers nuff...... I managed to read the whole post as well!

I know I'm doing something wrong though. Today is the first time in my life I have woken up stiff and sore from golf the previous day. I think it would have to be down to the over-rotation. I didn't know i was going so far on the backswing!
    Least someone appreciates my comments (thanks Rubin). Nuffie never minds lending someone a hand - AND they can then choose to either take my advice or leave it.

Just work on getting that club to the horizontal or just before mate, it's all the backswing you'll ever need and ur a strong enough lad. I most often than not, dont get all the way to the top - and lots of players don't, because the truth is they dont need to.

I played with a 3/4 swing until I was about 15 yrs old, when I was tall enough to learn how to hit a driver properly. What's more important than the length of your backswing...? It's getting everything into the right position at impact (something I am not doing quite so well atm).
    Last edited by Nuffie; 21st March 2011 at 11:10 PM.

Ghost Tour Putter
    Project a

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesy View Post
    Binningup Golf Course, April 2.

I have suggested in making it a scratch MP but I am not sure what Adlo is off. I play to anything under 17 this weekend (KB, Black Tees, Stroke) and I drop to 13 for the first time in my short golfing career.
    Yeah, we can play off scratch. I'm off 14.1, won't change before the 2nd.

Looking forward to this.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN View Post
    Well played yesterday Bergsey, good effort to hold the nerve for the last few holes. One would hardly tell that the matchplay thing is new to you. Thanks to Tourfit for inviting us onto a course that truly feels a treat to play.

Unlucky Rubin, but chin up mate and stick at it. I agree with what Fit suggested yesterday - if some X100 shafts go into your clubs I reckon you will be hitting it a lot flatter and straighter. You are certainly strong enough to play X-stiff shafts (unlike my pint-sized whippet self) and I dont think your swing is too bad really (besides the slight overswing), it just might seem worse by your shafts loading and flexing a lot at impact - exaggerating the outcome of the poorer shots. As you get the ball going further and straighter again, your confidence will grow and the rest of the game will come back. It wont need lessons mate, you've been off low numbers before. Its a mind game, you know you can do it.

As for me (and I'm going to lay off this topic now, as you guys are prob sick of hearing about it on here, and I'm just as sick of talking about it to be honest) - this will be the last time my clubs change for ages (and I really mean it this time).

It was a struggle at first to get the hang of the new heads/shafts and was getting them heavy during the round. BUT after just moving the ball position an inch further back on the range yesterday after the game, the irons really started coming out nice. This will be the focus of the next few weeks, getting this right.

No swing change Fit, just needed to catch that ball a little earlier on the downswing. Chunkier heads and slightly bigger cavities in the irons and wedges (than the old irons, wedges were blades), will launch higher and bottom out earlier. This was happening with full shots, even chipping with the wedges. But I was starting to see improvements after the game, with a bit of 'innovative' thinking. I am onto this and need to keep on it...

The Scotty Newport has also been CPR'd back to life - thanks to TourFit adding weight to the head. It felt great yesterday, but there is work to be done on the other aspects - getting consistency back in the chipping and the iron play. Staying positive is the key and this will come .
    Least someone appreciates my comments (thanks Rubin). Nuffie never minds lending someone a hand - AND they can then choose to either take my advice or leave it.

Just work on getting that club to the horizontal or just before mate, it's all the backswing you'll ever need and ur a strong enough lad. I most often than not, dont get all the way to the top - and lots of players don't, because the truth is they dont need to.

I played with a 3/4 swing until I was about 15 yrs old, when I was tall enough to learn how to hit a driver properly. What's more important than the length of your backswing...? It's getting everything into the right position at impact (something I am not doing quite so well atm).

Looking forward to this.
    Yep, but no more of that!

Looking forward to this.
    This will be a good dule indeed. Let us know how good the course is looking Adlo. It will be two weeks before our champs and can't wait to finally play Binningup.

Quote Originally Posted by hocko View Post
    Thats right, +1!
    Last edited by Nuffie; 21st March 2011 at 11:24 PM.

Ghost Tour Putter
    Project a

Blog Entries

I'm confused.

Binningup is looking great at the moment. Greens not the prettiest to look at, but they are rolling great.

It was a struggle at first to get the hang of the new heads/shafts and was getting them heavy during the round.
    What shafts are you running now nuff?

I'm confused.

Binningup is looking great at the moment. Greens not the prettiest to look at, but they are rolling great.
    Which bit?

Blog Entries

Which bit?
    ^
    This bit.

What shafts are you running now nuff?
    Black Nickel KBS 'S' flex...at 3/8" shorter than standard (5 iron is 37 3/8"). D1 in long / mid irons to D2 in the shorter irons. 1* flat (plus being a little flatter due to under length).

Thread Information