Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Pro Shop Forum - (admin: Rules added)

Suggest some posting guidelines for the Pro Shop Forum.  Off topic posts dilute the effectiveness of marketing clubs for buying and selling.

Something like:    Any Off Topic remarks in this forum may be deleted.

Or something more subtle: No Crapping on here or you get a boot up the ringhole.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

A better suggestion would be a format where you actually give information about the item you are selling, without punters having to suck it out of you

I agree though, if you aint interested or don't have experience with the seller or his/her particular item, get your ass outa there.

Pete

Senior Member Major Winner

At worst, the off-topic post brings an advertisement to the top of the list, the must current thread. Isn't that exposure?

Today there were stuff all posts in the general forums, the only active thing was the Pro Shop? Maybe these Ho's should be 'encouraged' to post more in the general area of the site.

Woah - deja vu!
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    Today there were stuff all posts in the general forums, the only active thing was the Pro Shop? Maybe these Ho's should be 'encouraged' to post more in the general area of the site.
    last time you were pointing out that the 1st tee was the most active by far, why don't you make that your priority then, get the stats back up, leave us poor hos' to our own devices God knows we don;t need your help to spend our money :P :P

Pete

That was yonks ago!

[Brief pause while AP goes and does the search... ]

I dare not do the 'Posts per View' ratio now.

sounds like a great idea Blakey ..... something AndyP will look at i'm sure
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

My understanding of this is that yesterday we all had some fun in A-Lo's driver thread.

The feeling i get is that non-Ho's aren't free to post in the Pro Shop.. here's the breakdown of posts in Pete's "Potential Sale" thread - page 2;

Spiers - 1
    Pete - 3 (4 if you include the attempt to get rid the off-topic posters )
    Trung - 2
    Jarro - 3
    Tez - 1

And you Ho's are having a whinge?

What's that saying, lies, damn lies and statistics ??? Who sent it off track ?? a anti-ho with the comment "why would he want to change"... sound familiar ??? :P :P

Next ??

So based on your logic, anti-ho's are the root of all (off-topic) evil?

You guys are blind, i think you should do a search of posts in that forum for AndyLo, Jarro, and 3oneday - you might be quite surprised

[AP - when are you going to get all these searches done?! Time's ticking you know! :P]

So based on your logic, anti-ho's are the root of all (off-topic) evil?
    no, just you :P

You guys are blind, i think you should do a search of posts in that forum for AndyLo, Jarro, and 3oneday - you might be quite surprised
    maybe we are, ho's talking with ho's, the problem being ?? that we understand what each other is talking about ?? do you feel left out ?? it's been said several times, if you don't like a subject, don't post in it

At least we have now dragged you from the ProShop, I would hate to see your stats increasing in there

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by 3offtopicpostsinOneday
    if you don't like a subject, don't post in it
    I haven't been, but you lot are still carrying on like pork chops..

The feeling i get is that non-Ho's aren't free to post in the Pro Shop..
    *Anybody* that doesnt have a valid contribution to make in that thread - might want to consider staying away. particularily if your likely to offend the seller/buyer.

Many people on this forum love the sledge - myself included. But there are times when its not appropriate, and there are other people who never/hardly sledge and deserve to be treated with respect. Instead we belittle their enthusiasm in a condescending manner.

Apart from the initial surge of memberships to this forum, there has been very few new members who have become active. Perhaps only Pete in the last 6 mths or so. I wonder why, maybe the dribble-a-thon phenonomen turns people off.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I'm sure Chucky signed up after Peter_rs....

first warning G69

I thought you gave him a first warning in the Nudgee thread?

It's good having a moderator who can't count past 1... :P

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69
    I would like to make an observation if I may. Do a check of all items up for sale in the Pro shop thread and it is quite common to see a response from a certain person/moderator  asking.."so .... what's going to replace this ?
    It's a classic example of a ho  sending a thread off topic.
    yeah, but big difference between that and a childish flame war between people not interested in the thing being sold.
    --
    Handy-Cap

goughy

We've got 8 different forum areas for discussions to take place. Why don't we try and keep the discussions in the relevant forum

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by goughy
    We've got 8 different forum areas for discussions to take place.  Why don't we try and keep the discussions in the relevant forum  
    But these threads don't get led off-topic intentionally (in most cases). One thing leads to another, and before you know it the original subject has been forgotten about.
    A lot of the items seem to get sold on ebay in the end anyway, and the posting of these items, actually generates discussion for the forum.

I guess it is understandable that the Pro Shop gets special treatment, but what if it does go off-topic before it can be stopped. Are we going to delete all those posts, or will we have to use the split topic function and move that discussion to the relevant area? Sounds like more work.

What is considered off-topic?

"What are replacing this/these?"
    "Why are you replacing this/these?"
    "How did you find the club/s?"
    "You are a HO."
    "I think you should be concentrating on your short game, instead of selling clubs."
    etc

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy
    We've got 8 different forum areas for discussions to take place.  Why don't we try and keep the discussions in the relevant forum  
    But these threads don't get led off-topic intentionally (in most cases).  One thing leads to another, and before you know it the original subject has been forgotten about.
    A lot of the items seem to get sold on ebay in the end anyway, and the posting of these items, actually generates discussion for the forum.

I guess it is understandable that the Pro Shop gets special treatment, but what if it does go off-topic before it can be stopped.  Are we going to delete all those posts, or will we have to use the split topic function and move that discussion to the relevant area?  Sounds like more work.

"What are replacing this/these?"
    "Why are you replacing this/these?"
    "How did you find the club/s?"
    "You are a HO."
    "I think you should be concentrating on your short game, instead of selling clubs."
    etc

Thoughts?
    Andy, are you asking for these thoughts from the forum, or from Goughy, the site Admin ?? PM maybe ?

i think he's asking for suggestions from the forum.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday
    Andy, are you asking for these thoughts from the forum, or from Goughy, the site Admin ?? PM maybe ?  
    Pete, it's my belief that this forum is "owned" by all of us, and it is the role of the administrators to execute the decisions that the forum makes. Of course, in some cases, we also have to make a judgement call.

The above post is just what I was thinking, as a fellow member of the forum. So to answer your question, I was asking for everyone's opinion, including yourself.

My opinion ??? some of the incessant posting is scaring away potential members, if someone buys something they get lambasted, if someone has an opinion other than a certain few, they get lambasted, if someone doesn't understand why someone would be doing a certain thing a certain way they get lambasted.

Opinions, everyone has one, it seems to me though that some think their opinion is worth more than others, and IN MY OPINION you are driving prospective members away. There really isn't a need to post on EVERY thread, surely ???

If folks want this for their own little niche in life, thats fine, just say the word, otherwise lets make it back into a forum, not a home boys club .

Potentially why people prefer to go to BSG, Golfwrx or TSG is because there is real golf info in there, if this site is to be for purely organising games, that's fine as well, I have made a lot of friends through here but to be honest, if I find out about some new equipment or something like that, I simply won't post it here

It's up to the members to decide where you/we go with this forum, some will drift in and out and stay out, the way it is heading, IMHO.

I hope I haven't been to subtle . Personally, I'd rather be playing golf than talking about it.

Pete

Pete,

YOU SAID IT PERFECTLY!
    SMS316 é um feixe

nicely put Pete ..... you lifter :P

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    - Two lovers having a tiff in someone elses Pro Shop thread.

- any post that someone presses the Report Post button for.

Now that there is a posting guideline in place in the Pro Shop forum, it should mean something like that wont happen again, becuase everybody is now going to be mindfull of the right place for their petty arguements and sledging.

And should it happen, the poor guy selling the clubs should have no qualms about pressing the Report Post button

So the moderators wont ever have to do anything, or worry about all that stuff you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday
    some of the incessant posting
    I totally agree, but ironic that you have quite a strong opinion on that, considering you contributed to the incessant posting that bought this issue to head.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information