Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Sandbagging

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Yep- its part of each clubs covid plan.
    recently played away at 2 different courses in the last fortnight and they are still not exchanging scorecards.

This actually makes it harder for magic pencillers because they cant access the other scorecard, and match committees are actually scrutinising the markers scorecards for the winners to ensure they match, and question accordingly. Otherwise in normal times, a player cannot be DQ on basis of a wrong score on the markers card and I would be surprised if a match committee would even check it.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by dean0820 View Post
    ol' mate just got booted for 'bagging at karrinyup. one year suspension.
    Who's old mate???

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Forum needs more banter.

I read that yesterday. Dunno anyone at my club who does it but there's probably a few.

I don't get it personally. I am competitive but not that way. If I win a comp I'd rather it be from actually playing well, not blowing out my handicap. I get more satisfaction from hitting good shots and having a decent round so my only motivation is to hit more of them, improve my game and bring my cap down. The game is more enjoyable when I play well. I usually get annoyed with myself when I have a bad one, like today.

Just came in here loNKing for Hoges off his current cap.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Just came in here loNKing for Hoges off his current cap.
    Why? I'm not off 4 and calling myself humble.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

The Cap Patrol service sounds very interesting, I wonder how much would have to be changed for our handicap system.

We have a major sandbagger at my club who’s had his handicap frozen multiple times but Golf Australia changed the rules so now it can only be done for 3 months with a max of two times.

Good to see GA are concerned about making sure the game is played fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    The Cap Patrol service sounds very interesting, I wonder how much would have to be changed for our handicap system.
    lots!

because USA score a lot of non-comp rounds there is a variation in their system for adding more weight to Tournament scores - i believe these are denoted with a T in the handicap record and are commonly called T Scores. and then something like the 20 counting rounds must include 2 T Scores, so you cant hand in a bunch of social rounds to push a good T score out.

So i imagine this Cap Patrol service is looking at differences between social rounds and "T" scores and determining obvious behaviour. That will be so much harder to do in Oz with the low incidence of social rounds in handicaps, and next to impossible.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    lots!

because USA score a lot of non-comp rounds there is a variation in their system for adding more weight to Tournament scores - i believe these are denoted with a T in the handicap record and are commonly called T Scores. and then something like the 20 counting rounds must include 2 T Scores, so you cant hand in a bunch of social rounds to push a good T score out.

So i imagine this Cap Patrol service is looking at differences between social rounds and "T" scores and determining obvious behaviour. That will be so much harder to do in Oz with the low incidence of social rounds in handicaps, and next to impossible.
    One of my mates is on our board and he's contacting them to see if it's feasible for use with our handicap system considering everything comes back to Stableford.
    Last edited by pt73; 31st January 2022 at 10:54 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Everything everywhere comes back to stableford because of Equitable Stroke Control -- nett double bogey, same as a stableford wipe.

Thread Information