Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1157
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Mtb, if you're thinking of upgrading from the nexus 4, I wouldn't dawdle.
    My nexus 4 went for a walk in China and didnt come back. I have a 3 year old Sony shitething now.

Apparently they've stopped production of them, and no longer sell the red or white ones. Only have black left and once sold that's it. Shame really, cause the 6 is easy too big and expensive.
    Google Play is out of stock a week ago. Plenty other places to buy, like Expansys and actually cheaper than google.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Well I love mine. Have it set up just how I want. Tasker automating stuff. But I have no doubt if I didn't use google now, tasker, and alerts for stuff I could squeeze a lot more juice out of it.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Senior Member Major Winner

Back to a Liquid Smooth Custom ROM.

Much bettererererer

Blog Entries

I am a bit of a Samsung fanboi but I saw something last week that blew me away. nvidia shield is the most powerful tablet I have seen, incredible. I am hoping to get my hands on one to test shortly. Anyone used one?

http://shield.nvidia.com/gaming-tablet/

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by live4golf View Post
    I am a bit of a Samsung fanboi but I saw something last week that blew me away. nvidia shield is the most powerful tablet I have seen, incredible. I am hoping to get my hands on one to test shortly. Anyone used one?

http://shield.nvidia.com/gaming-tablet/

What sort of price are they? ??

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    How is your battery life
    So I tested in in the xda preferred method for ya last night. Left everything as I like it set; didn't use any battery saving apps (like greenify etc); used betterbatterystats to record it all; left idle from full charge without any use for 8 hours. It lost 0.7% an hour average over that time. Obviously this doesn't track how the battery gets hammered under useage, but is the best method for checking any apps or settings you may have that are sneakily sucking any battery down. My settings aren't battery friendly. Wifi, bluetooth, and nfc always on. I have google now on which hits the battery with very regular polling of location etc. And I have all 3 facebook apps on there which also are battery hogs, even if not set to check for updates etc, which I have mine set to do. And I also use Tasker to automate a number of things, like various sound profiles during the day and linked with autovoice to add some extra functionality to google now.

If I turned all that off I'd get substantially better. During the day and especially in the shed where I get bad reception, I seem to be losing 3 to 5% an hour with moderate usage. Few phone calls, using calculator, checking the odd thing.

Edit to add: Did the test again last night, but this time with all the stuff turned off. All facebook apps frozen, tasker off, google now off, BT and Wifi off. Lost 3% in 9 hours.
    Last edited by goughy; 26th December 2014 at 08:50 AM.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Does the phone also get very hot when you try to charge it? There is a well known problem with the charge management system on the S2, and I presume S3 also? Swapping batteries fixes the problem for a time, but it does come back. There is a reset procedure that is supposed to fix the problem.
    This battery management problem seems to be wide spread? I now have an S4, my son's old 'phone. We also have a couple of Samsung Tablets, a 7" and a 10.5" version. Both the S4 and the 7" tab have had the same probelm. Unfortunately with the Tab, you can't easily remove the battery to reset and restart. We have had to send it back to Samsung twice now. Samsung won't acknowledge it is a problem, and refused to replace or refund us for the 7" Tablet (it is still under warranty). The 2nd time they replaced the battery, but I reckon the problem will persist. Anyone else had these issues?

Blog Entries

Dave I have had similar problems with my S4 but I found a neat utility APP called Clean Master that clears all the crap in the background and has a function to also drop the CPU running temperature. I run this daily and have had no problems since. It has quite a bit of advertising junk on it but I just ignore all that. Worth a go I reckon.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

No probs charging my S5 ... doesn't get hot at all.
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    Dave I have had similar problems with my S4 but I found a neat utility APP called Clean Master that clears all the crap in the background and has a function to also drop the CPU running temperature. I run this daily and have had no problems since. It has quite a bit of advertising junk on it but I just ignore all that. Worth a go I reckon.
    Thanks Steve,

much appreciated, it looks good. I have downloaded it and running it now. Pretty smick looking App.

I should also mention the 10.5" Tablet. I got it via deal with Telstra. They offered a dual Sim shared data allowance set up connected to my mobile account, for $10 a month extra and $14 a month x 24 for the Tab. The combined data allowance is way more than I had before and T & C's are also way more generous (reasonable charges if you exceed your limit etc). The Tablet is awesome, very fast, huge battery life (it takes the best part of a day to recharge) and great screen etc. I am really happy with it! and no battery issues so far!.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    Through Clean Master I seem to have been able to "fix" the problem on my phone. It pointed the finger at a weather App that came with the 'phone, Accu Weather, which was causing an excess power draw. I have deleted it, and not had the battery issue surface since. Hopefully cured, fingers crossed. Thanks again Steve.

Blog Entries

Yes its pretty handy for finding and fixing those problems.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Through Clean Master I seem to have been able to "fix" the problem on my phone. It pointed the finger at a weather App that came with the 'phone, Accu Weather, which was causing an excess power draw. I have deleted it, and not had the battery issue surface since. Hopefully cured, fingers crossed. Thanks again Steve.
    What option did you use to find this Daves?

Not sure now Yoss, I thought it was something like Optimisation or CPU monitor, but I can't find it now. It came up with a message to say that Accuweather was continually switching between mobile towers and chewing bandwidth and the battery. The 'phone was hot at the time. I uninstalled Accuweather and haven't had the issue since. I subsequently installed the CM Battery Doctor and Virus Scanner Apps, and it is all fairly integrated now.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Anyone got the s6 edge? Thoughts? I nearly bought the edge + but the old 5 minute walk around the shops saved me from dropping the coin on it. Amazing looking phone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Anyone got the s6 edge? Thoughts? I nearly bought the edge + but the old 5 minute walk around the shops saved me from dropping the coin on it. Amazing looking phone.
    I have, mainly due to the slightly larger battery. Great phone

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by live4golf View Post
    I have, mainly due to the slightly larger battery. Great phone
    Just reading a review saying the battery not that good. I'm looking iphone 6, s6 edge or even xperia z3.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Just reading a review saying the battery not that good. I'm looking iphone 6, s6 edge or even xperia z3.
    What did you end up going with?

I picked up an S6 Edge+ a couple of weeks ago and the battery life has been quite impressive. I've had it off charge since 7:30 yesterday morning and it's currently sitting on 25% (mostly idle, but some web browsing, texting and logging a walk this morning on my Fitbit app).

A hell of a lot better than what I had with my old LG G3, which was struggling to get through 8 hours of anything...

Lost my work phone which was a Samsung s4 and replaced it with a Motorola Moto G4 Plus from Officeworks....very happy so far, especially at under $400!!

Noice. I'm waiting to see what the new Nexus phones are like. But cause I buy my phones outright now, I don't have that 'need' to replace it every year or two when the providers would start harassing me in the past. The last two years I've said the same thing and really like the phones last year, but still didn't bite.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Lost my work phone which was a Samsung s4 and replaced it with a Motorola Moto G4 Plus from Officeworks....very happy so far, especially at under $400!!
    There are couple of things I'm trying to get used to with the difference between Motorola Android and Samsung Android.
    Noice. I'm waiting to see what the new Nexus phones are like. But cause I buy my phones outright now, I don't have that 'need' to replace it every year or two when the providers would start harassing me in the past. The last two years I've said the same thing and really like the phones last year, but still didn't bite.
    I read and article last night that cos the new tech in phones are only incremental, ppl are keeping their phones longer as there isn't a reason to upgrade.

The phones are so good now days. Any of them.

What do you notice different? Regardless of which phone I have I usually end up putting the Google launcher on it as that's what I like.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

The phones are so good now days. Any of them.

What do you notice different? Regardless of which phone I have I usually end up putting the Google launcher on it as that's what I like.
    I think the Motorola software is less clunky then the Samsung.

Things I like from the Motorola so far is when u shake the phone the torch comes on and if u flip it the camera comes on.

Things I dislike is there isn't an option to display the amount of battery left, when I go into the dialer, it doesn't default to a keypad.

Also to turn the mobile data off is not as straight forward as the Samsung, although this might be cos its a dual SIM phone.

I think the Motorola software is less clunky then the Samsung.

Things I like from the Motorola so far is when u shake the phone the torch comes on and if u flip it the camera comes on.

Things I dislike is there isn't an option to display the amount of battery left, when I go into the dialer, it doesn't default to a keypad.

Also to turn the mobile data off is not as straight forward as the Samsung, although this might be cos its a dual SIM phone.
    I worked out how to turn the mobile data on and off.. quite straightforward

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Google and Tech Support worked out how to turn the mobile data on and off.. quite straightforward
    FTFY.

Thread Information