Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47
Results 1,151 to 1,157 of 1157
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    What's the go with Android tablets these days? I'm thinking of saving to replace my Nexus 7, but really don't know what to look at! I think is still like something around the 8" form factor. It seems like Sammy is the main one still doing them. Don't wanna spend a fortune though, and don't want something Old in the tooth, using older OS.
    I've got a Samsung S4 and loving it, but I just use it for media consumption. I got it on a plan so it's a touch pricey.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Been using my wife's or iPad air lately, and it's ok, but a few little things are bugging me. If it was going to get the new ipados I might have stick with it, but it's not. So I'm thinking maybe a Sammy tab a could be the go. The 10.1 with 3g ram and 128g memory had dropped to $400, and someone has a birthday coming up soon...... hmmmmm
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Question, Samsung vs Google?
    Lost my phone and insurance are replacing it through jbhifi. The nearest they can get to mine is the Google pixel 3; I have been a fan of Google devices for years. But due the limitation on my insurance I will have to pay several hundred still to get it. Our wait a little while till they drop in price when the pixel 4 comes out.
    I could get a Sammy S10 straight away though! I moved from Sammy phones and tablets to get to pure Android and timely updates. But now days the updates to Android are less significant. So wondering what people think of the latest Sammy phones? I've checked and it seems there are ways to use Google assistant instead of bixby, and a port for the Google camera app to work on it that improves is camera performance. Plus I like the triple camera. Anyone know how the in display fingerprint sensor is? I do really like the rear placed sensors.

I'll also be getting a new tablet soon and it will certainly be a galaxy tab, with tab a or tb s5e. Any benefits to having them both be sammy?
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I just got an S10e as an upgrade from my S8 and it's an excellent phone and really fast.

I haven't tried the new sensor stuff yet.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I upgraded from a S8+ to a S10 5G last weekend. S10+ was a bit of a wait with Telstra and there was a negligible difference per month between S10+ and S10 5G, so I figured why not.

I prefer the rear fingerprint sensor, and found the in display one a little inconsistent at first. But I rescanned my fingerprints and it seems to be better now.

Otherwise everything else is what I expected, but even though it's a couple of years old the S8+ is still a very, very good phone.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Question, Samsung vs Google?
    Lost my phone and insurance are replacing it through jbhifi. The nearest they can get to mine is the Google pixel 3; I have been a fan of Google devices for years. But due the limitation on my insurance I will have to pay several hundred still to get it. Our wait a little while till they drop in price when the pixel 4 comes out.
    I could get a Sammy S10 straight away though! I moved from Sammy phones and tablets to get to pure Android and timely updates. But now days the updates to Android are less significant. So wondering what people think of the latest Sammy phones? I've checked and it seems there are ways to use Google assistant instead of bixby, and a port for the Google camera app to work on it that improves is camera performance. Plus I like the triple camera. Anyone know how the in display fingerprint sensor is? I do really like the rear placed sensors.

I'll also be getting a new tablet soon and it will certainly be a galaxy tab, with tab a or tb s5e. Any benefits to having them both be sammy?
    Can't help you with your specific questions, but I have just bought a Pixel 2 to replace my HTC A9. The Fingerprint Sensor is on the back and works perfectly for me, even with a full cover on the phone. I went for the 2 because 1) I wanted to go no larger than the HTC i.e. 5" 2) I was after Camera performance (a strength with the HTC) and the Pixels review well on that factor 3) price I found a new one for under $400. I gather HTC was the manufacturer of the original Pixel, not sure if that is still the case? So far I have been very happy with the Pixel 2. The phone data/app transfer was very quick and seamless, and seems to have been very thorough as well.

I found the GSMArena website handy for comparing specs etc;

https://www.gsmarena.com/

Yeah, I love gsmarena.

I've decided to wait till the Pixel 3 come down in price. I have to get my phone through them, and they reckon they should drop in price soon. So stocking with my Nexus 5 for now, but bloody hell is it painful! Only 6 years old but things crash all the time, it freezes constantly.

Happy days though, my Tab S5e arrived today, and I am so happy to be off the iPads and back on an Android tablet. I have my bank button back, and my shrinkable, positional keyboard! Oh it's like coming home
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Thread Information