Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 109 ... LastLast
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BroKar View Post
    In a previous life I used to place horses and also frame markets for one of the biggest bookmakers in australia on Sydney Racing and I have to say the issue is not distance based on sectional times, she will run 1200 easilly ridden correctly, she just isn't a group horse yet, she could have sat 1 length off the lead and sprinted in the straight, I am not saying she would have won that race but based on time and also based on sectional for the day this crop of 3yo fillies will not go onto much outside of restricted company in my opinion except for the first 2 who have considerable improvement left in them.
    Brokar, agree.
    She deosnt run well out in front, she needed cover and no-one wanted to lead.
    I wish they got Nash to ride her (he rode her last start and told Kevin he would do again) but obviously he was down to ride Gais Filly.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Horses have confidence?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Horses have confidence?
    Good horses do. The clever buggers know what a race is about. You only need to pair up a couple of nags on the track in training to understand the different between the racers and runners, some like to run, some like to race, i'd imagine it's common in many animals.
    Golflink
    Tour Edge Exotics 9*|Titleist pt15*|KingCobra sz 5w|Adams A2 5-P|Hogan 54*-Clev 900 60*-feel 64*|Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

From my limited knowledge of horse, they are pretty highly strung animals!
    Moses compares them to Olympic 100m runners in mindset and temprement.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Andyp, thoroughbred horses are incredibly fickle and real creatures of habit, and a lot smarter than people think. One of the true nuances of the racing gaming is having the horse ready for the big race, and then when things don't go according to plan trying to work out what went wrong (there are always a million excuses when it doesnt go well!).

That said however, the absolute joy you feel as an owner when your horse wins a race, especilly a big race, is impossible to discribe. I will never forget the magic run we had with Benty through 2007 and 2008 when he kept crushing his rivals with topweight doing it the hard way from the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Andyp, thoroughbred horses are incredibly fickle and real creatures of habit, and a lot smarter than people think. One of the true nuances of the racing gaming is having the horse ready for the big race, and then when things don't go according to plan trying to work out what went wrong (there are always a million excuses when it doesnt go well!).

That said however, the absolute joy you feel as an owner when your horse wins a race, especilly a big race, is impossible to discribe. I will never forget the magic run we had with Benty through 2007 and 2008 when he kept crushing his rivals with topweight doing it the hard way from the front.
    Here, here!

Just going thru TAB footy futures, Cronulla @ $4 Wooden Spoon, looks like a moral to me, anyone else?

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

What are Cowboys at? If they lose Thurston again, they are cactus

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Some bad news!
    This is an email from Moses Racing:
    POSH CHIC Update:

Hi All,

She was disappointing on Saturday on face value and found to be a couple of lengths beneath the required elite grade. Leading into the race Kevin was confident the filly would run super and she did run well but the opposition was better. Her blood picture taken on Tuesday last week showed she was at her peak condition. It was the best she had ever been. On the morning of the race she was picture perfect and free in her action and her temperature was spot on normal.

Tommy Berry told the owners that she went well but they are too good for her at that class but there is a nice race in her if we drop back a grade or two.

She pulled up well after the run and as a post race precaution she was given bute to rebound quickly and get over any muscle fatigue and she ate her feed on Saturday night and walked out free in her action on Sunday morning. She ate her breakfast feed Sunday and no signs of any issue present.

Unfortunately Monday morning we have a major drama.

At 4:00am this morning when they attended the filly, was found not to have eaten Sunday nights feed and presented with a raging temperature spike of 40.1 degrees (normal is 37.8 -38.3) you would not risk a horse doing any exercise with a temperature of only 38.5 degrees so 40.1 is very extreme.

She was not sore in any leg but when they tried to remove her from her box she staggered and was simply too ill to move more than a few strides. Naturally the vets were immediately called. By the time the vets arrived the temperature was still very high but was off a little bit back to 39.9 degrees. They have taken a blood profile which we will get back late today or tomorrow. The vets have given a strong anti-inflammatory and pain relief to get the temperature down quickly and the horse at the moment is far too sick to travel. The vet believes there is possibly a respiratory problem as they detected a rattling sound in her lungs. Once they have the blood culture they will most likely start on a course of penicillin but at this stage it's a monitoring exercise for 24 hours to see how she rebounds. We are hopeful it's a 24 - 48 hour bug and she bounces back quickly but we have to be careful it does not go the other way.

The filly will need to be spelled immediately after this, no matter what the outcome. However we can't send her to the paddock yet as she is too sick at present and we have to determine what we are dealing with before she is removed from the stables.

Sad news mate. Hope all goes well for her. I think we're all a little attached to this horse on Ozgolf.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Bummer that is bad news, hopefully she can recover soon.

Thanks for the answers, guys. I guess it would be a similar thing with greyhound and cane toad racing.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

You idiot

Member Club Champion

Default todays best bet

Hi there all I have a very good m8 who's name can't be disclosed who runs a professional gambling service and his best bet for today is in Adelaide race 4 number 3 koala bear about $3.50 on the tote so good luck and hope it wins for you all will try and update everytime he sends his best bets to me

Cheers Daniel
    Whats in my bag

Taylormade R11 10.5 stiff 60 made for
    Taylormade superfast 3 wood
    Titleist 909H 24 deg
    Cleveland CG Tours 3-PW
    Cleveland cg14 50/56 deg wedges
    Odyssey Black tour No8
    Cleveland cart bag
    Callaway Hex Chrome

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

thats bookmaker talk for i need more money on that horse.

Todays best bet is on Silver - except that markets are closed, can you wait until monday. "always go with the primary trend"
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Club Champion

here's a couple more at eachway odds Rosehill race 4 number 5 Guderian approx $16-$20 Rosehill race 8 number 12 Anything approx $9-$12 good luck hope they go well for you as they say a short priced winner is better than a long priced loser!
    Whats in my bag

Titleist 909H 24 deg
    Cleveland CG Tours 3-PW
    Odyssey Black tour No8
    Cleveland cart bag
    Callaway Hex Chrome

Your account is working again.

Member Club Champion

yep it was strange login then change page and you would have to login again so far so good
    Whats in my bag

Titleist 909H 24 deg
    Cleveland CG Tours 3-PW
    Odyssey Black tour No8
    Cleveland cart bag
    Callaway Hex Chrome

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    thats bookmaker talk for i need more money on that horse.

Todays best bet is on Silver - except that markets are closed, can you wait until monday. "always go with the primary trend"
    Do you own any SVL ?

Koala Bear. Nice.

Your mate is full of shit.

Member Club Champion

there not always right take the good with the bad
    Whats in my bag

Titleist 909H 24 deg
    Cleveland CG Tours 3-PW
    Odyssey Black tour No8
    Cleveland cart bag
    Callaway Hex Chrome

The results could determine the future of this thread.

no good to start with bad though. Doesn't really concern me, i'm a Spring carnival punter

Saint encosta looks the goods.

Thread Information