Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Default WA CHAMPS 2011 APRIL 15 -17th!

Bit of chat about next years champs at Araluen on Sunday. Thought a thread with some rough dates and ideas would be a good idea. Not trying to usurp anyones rights or responsibilities just getting this ball rolling.

Been looking at some houses in Binningup that house up to about 15 I think. Also there is a hall that is available for hire but I can't seem to find much about that... Thought maybe could be a good place to base ourselves. Makes for an easier drive ect. Bunbury with food not too far away.

Do what we did on Friday last year again and then "The Champs" on the Sat/Sun maybe playing Bunbury and Busselton or somewhere.

Probably March pre easter again?
    Last edited by Yossarian; 13th March 2011 at 04:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Are you saying you don't want some more quality time in a car with me bergsey?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Are you saying you don't want some more quality time in a car with me bergsey?
    Did i give you a lift somewhere?
    You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bergsey View Post
    Did i give you a lift somewhere?

That hurts.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by bergsey View Post
    +1 for me. frankly can't be assed driving further south than that when there are good courses that you drive straight by. would much rather use that time saved for drinking or other activities...
    you seemed to cope pretty well with your alloted drinking time for the last champs, bourbon-ator.

Yoss have you got a handle on this now?

start putting some dates in place, stay where you want to stay. i reckon you play the courses recommended here earlier.

lets get this thing locked so we can get guys putting in leave passes.

hopefully a couple of those eastern states wally's might be able to join and learn how to play golf and drink.

mandurah sucks. if we are staying that close, we might as well skip getting a house and drive home each night.

JC take over with organizing it then, help Yoss out and get it done.

like i have stated i'm happy in either spot, what's the difference? what has b'up got going for it as a location? you gotta a fluffy rabbit on the go down there?

seclusion, relaxation, a nice beach, a fantastic course for a late sat 9 vs. bogans, glassings, more bogans and a few boongs.

you looking for a walk on the beach hand in hand with Yoss are you, so ghey.

who gives a f$ck about the beack, near a great course YES absolutely i reckon that is the biggest reason to stay in b'up. besides that it's got nothing going for it.

don't worry plenty of bogans in b'up mate.

so have you sorted the dates yet.

i'm getting house info in a week or so, once my contact returns from his trip. i'll let you know then.

cool man.

we should get some of the vision glow balls from Boz and play the 9th at night!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

JC take over with organizing it then, help Yoss out and get it done.

you gotta a fluffy rabbit on the go down there?

sooooooo funny

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    cool man.

we should get some of the vision glow balls from Boz and play the 9th at night!
    i have just PM'd the great man.

it would be awesome.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

If we plan on playing KB/SH on Saturday and MCC on Sunday, isn't staying in B'up a LOT more extra driving...?

Down on Fri morning (for some), then into Bunbury for Fri arvo game and back, then up to KB/SH Sat and back down again, and then up to MCC Sunday and then home...sounds like a LOT of back & forward moving around. IF we were playing Capel/Bunbury/Busso as the courses, then fine. But why stay SO far south when the Champs games will likely be further north, and the fewer guys going south on Friday can knock off B'up & Bunbury in one day...?

If we stay in Mandurah (or even somewhere like Preston Beach, Halls Head etc) then Sat arvo will be OK to look at a 9 at B'up for those who want to go.

Had a look at Preston Beach...found a 'suitable' house that is a possibility...

It's closer to Mandurah (The Cut) than it is to Binningup, but still close enough for a quick 9 on Sat arvo. Easy to get to SH/KB/MCC from there too...kind of compromising between those who want to stay in B'up, and those that would rather stay closer (and MAY NOT COME OTHERWISE!!!). Remember, only SOME guys will be going to Binningup/Bunbury on the Friday if that is how the course selection goes.

here's the link... http://http://www.takeabreak.com.au/PrestonBeach/margaretriver/Preston-Beach-4-bedroom-House.htm

At the end of the day, it's about the numbers to the event...the Preston Beach place is no different to B'up in that BBQ will likely be utilised and we may have to do a bit of cooking for ourselves (which COULD be the entertainment right there!).

the thing i like about b'up is the ability to get blotto on the extra arvo 9 and then just stagger back to the house no 1/2 hour drive req'd.

My name is otto and I like to get blotto!

Blog Entries

I can see the advantages of both.

Did someone say their wife was coming?

yeah 'fit is bringing his wife for sacrificial reasons.

I can see the advantages of both.

Did someone say their wife was coming?
    stop fence sitting and start making your decisions that were born into due to both good luck and circumstances beyond your control.

make a call Yoss. where are we basing ourselves.

either b'up or mandurah are affordable basing it on $30p/n each.

Blog Entries

I really don't mind.

I think it best maybe we play bunbury binni friday,

stay in mandurah, or even bini one night mandurah the next

play kb and mcc or somewhere.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

If we are play the Saturday and Sunday in Mandurah, theoretically, we ma get around 24 players for a championship. Those that can't stay overnight are more likely to show up for the day in Mandurah. If the Sunday is a Mandurah course - most are likely to stay a bit longer for presentations and afters. We play till 1pm or so and we'd all be back home by 3 pm or so instead of 5 or 6 pm on the Sunday. For the Championship, it would be great to get a merit bar with 20 + turning up.

Some of us may not be able to play all of Friday. How many are going to show on Friday and stay the night? We sound like we are basing 2 nights accommodation for the golf on Friday. I like Binningup but I doubt if I would play 2 days running if there are other options.

I would like to play 18 and a 9 on Saturday - it is about the golf after all.
    Latish tee on Saturday morning - about 9am (either KB or SH depending on availability).
    Perhaps play Pinjarra on Saturday afternoon for 9 and stay in Pinjarra. The Ravenswood serves a reasonable meal (granted I haven't been there in 10 years).
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

I really don't mind.

I think it best maybe we play bunbury binni friday,

stay in mandurah, or even bini one night mandurah the next

play kb and mcc or somewhere.
    I tend to agree Yoss...if the course list is as suggested then it doesn't seem to make as much sense to stay in Binningup though...with an early start at KB/SH on Saturday.

Check out here as an alternative...Fairbridge Farm, Pinjarra. VERY COST EFFECTIVE.

They have a pool, putt-putt golf (some half cut fun skins going on possibly!), quiet surrounds, plenty of BEDS for everyone, 3 bathrooms, 2 toilets, plenty of common space. Good distance from Mandurah / KB. About $20-24 pp/pn...

http://http://www.fairbridge.asn.au/index.php?page=8 (suggest Cook or Nelson cottages as best alternatives, some of the 2 storey ones don't have upstairs bathrooms!).
    Last edited by TourFit; 17th November 2010 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    I tend to agree Yoss...if the course list is as suggested then it doesn't seem to make as much sense to stay in Binningup though...with an early start at KB/SH on Saturday.

Check out here as an alternative...Fairbridge Farm, Pinjarra. VERY COST EFFECTIVE.

They have a pool, putt-putt golf (some half cut fun skins going on possibly!), quiet surrounds, plenty of BEDS for everyone, 3 bathrooms, 2 toilets, plenty of common space. Good distance from Mandurah / KB. About $20-24 pp/pn...

http://http://www.fairbridge.asn.au/index.php?page=8 (suggest Cook or Nelson cottages as best alternatives, some of the 2 storey ones don't have upstairs bathrooms!).
    Nice link Fit. You have one that works? Don't worry, I'll google it on my own, I'm not SImmsy.

Love the sounds of pool and putt putt. Far enough from Mandurah that there will be a little tranquillity.

The quiet surrounds will disappear as soon as you require Adlo's attention.

Thread Information