Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Default WA CHAMPS 2011 APRIL 15 -17th!

Bit of chat about next years champs at Araluen on Sunday. Thought a thread with some rough dates and ideas would be a good idea. Not trying to usurp anyones rights or responsibilities just getting this ball rolling.

Been looking at some houses in Binningup that house up to about 15 I think. Also there is a hall that is available for hire but I can't seem to find much about that... Thought maybe could be a good place to base ourselves. Makes for an easier drive ect. Bunbury with food not too far away.

Do what we did on Friday last year again and then "The Champs" on the Sat/Sun maybe playing Bunbury and Busselton or somewhere.

Probably March pre easter again?
    Last edited by Yossarian; 13th March 2011 at 04:53 PM.

Senior Member Major Winner

fair points there 'fit.

i think there also needs to be a few pints of cement skulled with a few of the lads if they are unable to arrange 1 golfing w'end a year. My beautiful is certainly no push over but even she understands a bloke needs a blokes w'end on the odd occasion.

that is certainly do-able though. not fussed. Yoss needs to start making some decisions over the next week though. As long as Meadow Springs isn't in the mix i am in.

when did we go down south this year? late march??

if so we may run into coring season again as we struggled a little to get around it last time.

is early April the best time. perhaps after school hols?

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

We need 'The Woman Whisperer'...we'll send him to Golfnut first!

Yeah, simmsy thanks. I am thinking about Champ numbers mainly. We diehards could do the B'up / Bunbury / drive there & back thing (carpooling too, no doubt, and we could also use the TourVan to transport some people's gear).

Between SH, KB and MCC we should get two rounds and all three courses are good to use for Champs rounds. No Meadow Springs and no Cut.

Just spoke again with Bunvegas,MCC& Capel. Capel r the only ones that core in autumn. So the other two r good to go for early April.

I would rule out Busso...especially if we are staying in Binningup...tee times BEFORE 8.30 on Sat and having to drive down from B'up, MEH! There are better choices IMO.

The other problem is that the two preferred courses, Bunbury and MCC, are kinda tough to get for the Saturday round...so where do we play Saturday?? Capel?? It kinda leaves us with fewer options...and also gives us the potential numbers issue (which is the WHOLE POINT I would have thought).

IMO (and it's just that)...KB / MCC (or SH / MCC) is a better lineup than either Capel / Bunbury OR Capel / MCC for the Sat / Sun Champs. And Friday optional day would be a KILLER with B'up / Bunvegas.

Wait a minute...ANOTHER OPTION!!!

How about B'up/Bunbury on Friday...Sat @ Capel...Sun @ MCC on the way home. Staying in B'up house Friday night and Sat night. 'Fit cooking with mystery chef (to me anyway - is it Veeman?) and associated dish pigs. No real driving to speak of, except Capel which would be a later start anyway at around 9am.

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    How about B'up/Bunbury on Friday...Sat @ Capel...Sun @ MCC on the way home. Staying in B'up house Friday night and Sat night. 'Fit cooking with mystery chef (to me anyway - is it Veeman?) and associated dish pigs. No real driving to speak of, except Capel which would be a later start anyway at around 9am.
    Friday, we could all shower and change in Bunbury after the round and go out for a meal...before heading back to B'up for the nightly 'festivities'. However, I suggest that Yoss can go for a chilli dog and another spew - make it a traditional yearly event!

Saturday, drive down to Capel for the game, shower & change there as well and then go somewhere for the afternoon (either possibly back to Bunbury or some winery for late lunch/drinks). More nightly festivities (possibly another chilli dog for Yoss?).

Sunday, leave house early for MCC and then a few drinks after the game during presentations, before calling it quits and heading home!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaWatty View Post
    He's a chef eh? He fits the stereotype perfectly!
    Like Tourfit he is kind of a non-practicing chef. He is qualified but works for the Police but makes (very nice) pizza's part time.

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    Just spoke again with Bunvegas,MCC& Capel. Capel r the only ones that core in autumn. So the other two r good to go for early April.
    I would rule out Busso...especially if we are staying in Binningup...tee times BEFORE 8.30 on Sat and having to drive down from B'up, MEH! There are better choices IMO.

The other problem is that the two preferred courses, Bunbury and MCC, are kinda tough to get for the Saturday round...so where do we play Saturday?? Capel?? It kinda leaves us with fewer options...and also gives us the potential numbers issue (which is the WHOLE POINT I would have thought).

IMO (and it's just that)...KB / MCC (or SH / MCC) is a better lineup than either Capel / Bunbury OR Capel / MCC for the Sat / Sun Champs. And Friday optional day would be a KILLER with B'up / Bunvegas.

Wait a minute...ANOTHER OPTION!!!

How about B'up/Bunbury on Friday...Sat @ Capel...Sun @ MCC on the way home.
    so obviously you didn't understand it first time around 'fit, Capel is coring mid March speaking with them today they suggest leaving the course alone for 6 weeks for the greens to get back to their superb best. SO CAPEL IS OOT!

I'm liking the sound of:

Stay in Mandurah, holiday houses are pretty cheap.

Friday - B'up&Bunvegas
    Saturday - KB (is this do-able JC with normal comp day?)
    Sunday - M.C.C

I love how we are on Page 6 and we are yet to decide on.......

anything.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

The 2 Bs sound fine on the Friday and playing in Mandurah sounds like a good finish.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

yep agree there with you idg.

so either KB or SH on the saturday, hey?

Sounds like the beginnings of some sort of plan...

...now, another six pages should get it verified. Then 6-10 pages aboot accomodation. Onto 20 or so pages regarding the date. And around 10-15 pages should be about right for who's in and who's out...and why.

Will we get it sorted by April you think???

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Will we get it sorted by April you think???
    Doubtful, but you can always hope.

See if we can hit 1000 posts before the date.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

I think we can I think we can.

I think we can I think we can.
    I think you're right.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Kb is fine after 9am on sat. not sure aboot secrets.

That sounds pretty good

We could maybe do 9 at Pinjarra in the arvo.

That sounds like a good 'extra' for Sat arvo...

...though it might be good to go do something OTHER than golf (like dinner or go out to a pub, perhaps. After all, we will all be sans wife! Oh, except JC, who'll have Nuffie tagging along!!!)

Blog Entries

so obviously you didn't understand it first time around 'fit, Capel is coring mid March speaking with them today they suggest leaving the course alone for 6 weeks for the greens to get back to their superb best. SO CAPEL IS OOT!

I'm liking the sound of:

Stay in Mandurah, holiday houses are pretty cheap.

Friday - B'up&Bunvegas
    Saturday - KB (is this do-able JC with normal comp day?)
    Sunday - M.C.C
    This sounds good but I'd opt to stay in Binningup if its an option to get a house there. Won't affect the drive home time as that will be from MCC anyway. I am against staying in Mandurah only because it is a dump.

I am in for the Sat/Sun of this. JC and I were talking 9 at Binningup Sat Pm as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adlo View Post
    This sounds good but I'd opt to stay in Binningup if its an option to get a house there. Won't affect the drive home time as that will be from MCC anyway. I am against staying in Mandurah only because it is a dump.

I am in for the Sat/Sun of this. JC and I were talking 9 at Binningup Sat Pm as well.
    ummmm..... binningup - pot, mandurah - kettle.

it's not like you have to go out in Mandurah, order in the local pizza joint. don't need to step out at all.

i think mandurah has been mentioned due to ease of food/drink situation. happy with either. if we stay at b'up it does mean we can play b'up fri and sat arvo.

'fit - if we get a house in b'up, we play b'up friday morning arrange keys to house drop off esky's and stuff at the house drive to bunbury and have chilli dog in bunbury before driving back to b'up (25mins) for beer and poker.

I like 'Fits idea about keeping the Champs Sat/Sun games around Mandurah as this will allow those/me that can't stay overnight, to play........don't mind driving "to & back" both days from my place. (doubt staying over night will be an option for me)
    Friday will be doubtful for me also with my current work load which will be similar in April.

Just my 5c.
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

that's what we've been saying 'nut.

kb or sh satdy
    mcc sundy

that's what we've been saying 'nut.

kb or sh satdy
    mcc sundy
    +1 for me. frankly can't be assed driving further south than that when there are good courses that you drive straight by. would much rather use that time saved for drinking or other activities...
    You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

Thread Information