Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default 2011 Qld Matchplay Draw

Draw update
    Last edited by AndyP; 23rd February 2011 at 07:05 PM.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by jaybam View Post
    Put me down for a 4 & 3 walkover victory over Dickie thanks.
    Fixed it!

It looks like we could have another forfeit with peter_rs potentially getting two walkovers in a row. It's becoming a bit of a joke. Even I can't get my match done by the due date (so opted for Nudgee Plate).

Is it too late for a comp fee to be introduced?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Andy

Trust me, I don't really want to forfeit but this time I must put family 1st.

With my work situation not allowing many opportunities to play the 29th was agreed to by both.

It just so happens I have returned home to a sick family, and with no venue yet organised I need to commit to the other half.

Did I say I hate forfeiting, but........

Set a date in June then and get it done. Are you both playing Nudgee Plate? It sounds like both of you have time consuming work situations.
    I'd rather not play matchplay in a major event, but I'd rather not forfeit either, and I think we can extend the date if we know that the match will definitely get played.

Otherwise, maybe PeteyD can get a game against peter_rs.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Pete has previous for not showing any sympathy for excuses like sick kids.....maybe the fear of an RBT site set up covertly at Nudgee will be enough to bring out the compassion

Considering AP doesn't work getting our game done has also been a damn tough gig. With him playing penants and me working 1 weekend in 4 it has been fairly tough but in the end this is a "friendly" Matchplay series a bit of leeway shouldn't be an issue for anyone...especially if one person struggles due to work to fit things together and then things head south due to other issues for eitehr party. Andy did throw it up as a forfeit if he couldn't make it - but that is no way for the last years champ to exit....I want to beat him this year and then get a banner made up....
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Set a date in June then and get it done. Are you both playing Nudgee Plate? It sounds like both of you have time consuming work situations.
    I'd rather not play matchplay in a major event, but I'd rather not forfeit either, and I think we can extend the date if we know that the match will definitely get played.

Otherwise, maybe PeteyD can get a game against peter_rs.
    I'd be happy to set a date in June if again we can settle on a date, although we did agree on the 29th so I undertsand if this is not accepted.

I'm not playing Nudgee Plate because I couldn't commit work wise. As it turns out I have the day off........doh........mmmm reserve !!

Sorry to be a a pain in the backside, but I shall leave it to Pete to decide...
    Last edited by ddasey; 28th May 2011 at 08:19 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Ap/hux I don't like the walk either there was a reply option for dc but it was to hard to set a time.

We started trying to get dates in April for a game as ddasey said we did make plans for Sunday

I was going to pm ap about and extension when I got the pm today. But when I looked ddasey wasn't in for the plate and I fly out to perth until the plate.

How long do you delay a round?

Rusty and I haven't played yet either. I had a broken arm, and we decided to try for late May.

I was available since my arm got better on any weekday, but haven't been able to do weekends and Rusty hasn't been able to do weekdays.

I didn't know the cut-off was approaching, but we'll be playing in the next couple of weeks.
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs
    How long do you delay a round?
    It depends. How flexible is the next round opponent? How inflexible is your schedule going to continue to be? Hypothetically, if you made the final would you have time to play all rounds before the Champs? Going beyond the end of June could potentially put too much strain on future matches.

Why should ddasey forfeit? It doesn't sound like Peter_RS has much time for the matchplay?

My work hasn't been inflexible. I've been trying to organize the game with ddasey since the start of April. With notice I'm happy to play a weekday if available. At this stage I know I'm busy til Nudgee plate. Given the next round is against moe or rusty an extension may be possible. But a you pointed out the longer it goes the harder it is on the next round.

Ddasey actually told me earlier in the week that he was returning to a sick family but he was still good for the day.

If you want to reschedule or delay a match ask for that don't say you are giving a forfeit. And ps. It would of been nice for me to be able to work the details out without you posting prior to one of us formally posting but I know how you like to stir.

Double

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post
    If you want to reschedule or delay a match ask for that don't say you are giving a forfeit. And ps. It would of been nice for me to be able to work the details out without you posting prior to one of us formally posting but I know how you like to stir.
    Is this addressed to ddasey?

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

The stirring part is directed to you AP. And the first part of that is to everyone as the same thing happened with dc.

Pete has only been away for 7 days of the whole time to organise the match. Ddasey has been away and inflexible actually but hey continue to blame Pete if it makes you feel better.

I'm not giving a forfeit, so Pete should read posts in full before accusing me of stirring.

And doesn't this count as a "formal post".

Pete wasn't on line last night to get any pm's or see any posts.

If he had then he probably would of extended the match but he's a stubborn thing and if you keep prodding he gets more stubborn.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Worst matchplay year ever !!!
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I'm so glad we played qualifiers...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Next year entry fee!!

And what's with the "i don't want to play it at XXX event/day/comp/course??"
    Everyone seems pretty happy to say it's a 'social' matchplay, it's all a bit petty to hear of people playing in the same ozgolf day and not playing matchplay and subsequently running out of time... Just my opinion. But i do think a tenner/20 as an entry fee would assist in avoiding WO's
    Last edited by kpac; 28th May 2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Golflink
    Tour Edge Exotics 9*|Titleist pt15*|KingCobra sz 5w|Adams A2 5-P|Hogan 54*-Clev 900 60*-feel 64*|Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

How does an entry fee change availability?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I suppose it just makes you try that little bit harder to get your match played on time Shaz.
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Really? Because the deadlines have no effect whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    Pete wasn't on line last night to get any pm's or see any posts.
    That puts me in the clear then.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    How does an entry fee change availability?
    It doesn't, but it might mean that people seriously question their availability before saying yes. There have been 5 WO's so far....

Thread Information