Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default 2011 Qld Matchplay Draw

Draw update
    Last edited by AndyP; 23rd February 2011 at 07:05 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by jarro View Post
    The person who agrees to play the game at the set date, then backs out.

If both parties have agreed on a date to play .. then whoever bails falls down.

Unless of course they still have a reasonable amount of time to arrange another game.
    But what if said person who turned up, has made it difficult for the other player with limited availability?

Quote Originally Posted by kpac View Post
    Both, but that would stuff the program up.

Sorry shaz, but i cant see any reason for a result to the match, when there is a competitor waiting (albeit a late inclusion)
    Pete has been on the receiving end of a re-inclusion before as well. I'd imagine he'd understand.

But all in all, there does need to be some rule clarifications for future years.
    I agree with this. (about clarifying rules for future years)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

So if it was the other way around and Pete was the one who forfeited then it wouldn't be a problem?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    So if it was the other way around and Pete was the one who forfeited then it wouldn't be a problem?
    Correct. That is the precedence.
    What's your suggestion??

It's got bugger-all to do with pete or anyone else, it's only a comment on the competition not the players. It's just stating how thing have been sorted out previously... I'm all for a competition overhaul obviously.... But until that happens surely precedence is the only fair way?
    Last edited by kpac; 28th May 2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Golflink
    Tour Edge Exotics 9*|Titleist pt15*|KingCobra sz 5w|Adams A2 5-P|Hogan 54*-Clev 900 60*-feel 64*|Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

Who said that?

I know Pete has been reincluded once before... however it was against DC and DC only gave pete the option of playing at his home course... how is that any better than a walkover?

I know Pete has been reincluded once before... however it was against DC and DC only gave pete the option of playing at his home course... how is that any better than a walkover?

Are you saying pete should just go through due to ddasey's withdrawal?

I don't really care to be honest. It's just not how it's worked in the past. And strengthens the call for some rule clarifications IMO
    Golflink
    Tour Edge Exotics 9*|Titleist pt15*|KingCobra sz 5w|Adams A2 5-P|Hogan 54*-Clev 900 60*-feel 64*|Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Ummmm there appears to be a key factor missing in this argument.......peter_rs.

What's his take on this seeing as he is the other player in this match play ?

Forfeits have been results in previous matches Kpac. Sometimes if time permits and the person getting through on a forfeit wants to open it up to the previous loser then that has happened also. The problem is there is no hard and fast rule regarding forfeits.

Guys move on.

Kpac > Yes I did get a second chance two years ago against Dc but we had little time to organise a game before the deadline and he wanted me to play on his course.

Iain > Both of us had a busy schedule for the last two months, its not one or the others fault. Shit happens.

For the record, I don't play my matchplay games in the ozgolf major days and hence I've never played round 1 in the wynnum cup.

I would pay an entry fee, and I enter each year in good faith that I'll have enough time to play each round. I ask anyone to predict their commitments for any two month period a year in advance.

I would have perferred to extend the time with ddasey but time makes it hard. Eg. At this stage I'm back for the Nudgee Plate which Dave wasn't playing in and then Dave was away for 10 days after that. By the end of that it's late June and if work does not change for either of us, that leaves one month for the winner to organise his next match. That is assuming there isn't a draw

If PeteyD wants to step up, fine. But there is no time to arrange a match and if a match can't happen, then I go through on a forfeit which is the precendent and why the year i was reinistated I had to play dc with little notice.

As a side note, what is the status on the other round 2 matches. I don't see a lot of results.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

He doesn't like to play a matchplay event during a big event.

Funniest post of the thread.
    Forum needs more banter.

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs
    Guys move on.
    I can't. You hurt my feelings.

I agree this year's matchplay has been a bit of a joke - whats the point of round deadlines if hardly anyone sticks to it?

I am with Jarro on this one - he played his matchplay at a course/event he would have preferred not to but he did so he would comply with deadlines - I played at Nudgee south and whilst it is kinda my home track, I hate the south course as it does not suit my game at all - proof is I have played three matchplay rounds there and lost all 3.

Why could the forfeits not have been replayed?? unless one of the players has voluntarily offered a forfeit (eg choppa). If the deadlines are not "real" why could we have not re-scheduled any of the forfeits?

I would hate to win on a forfeit and would prefer to re-schedule

I play another social matchplay comp that runs over a year. Rules a little more serious. Cant play at either peoples home track, and match MUST be completed by the cut off date. If matches aren't completed the 2 players have to somehow come up with a winner (toss a coin or argue over who's fault it was the game didn't happen etc.)
    I dont really think it's a perfect system by any-means, but last year there we not forfeits or games not completed in a group of 32. Also not late games.
    There's an entry fee, and the pool goes to the winner. I like the ozgolf's social side of things, but we need to look at efficiencies of the competition imo.
    Golflink

Quote Originally Posted by kpac View Post
    There's an entry fee, and the pool goes to the winner. I like the ozgolf's social side of things, but we need to look at efficiencies of the competition imo.
    Just will tell you that you are wrong.
    Forum needs more banter.

So if Rusty and Moe don't play by 31/5 am I back in? If completion dates aren't going to be enforced then this comp is a joke.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

I wonder why we bother, every year it turns into a shit fight

Quote Originally Posted by Eag's View Post
    Very simple solution. First listed is responsible for the match being completed. If not completed then that person automatically forfeits, unless they can prove that they deserve otherwise. Onus is on them. Zero tolerance.
    Forum needs more banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eag's View Post
    You are absolutely right Eags - this year's matchplay is rapidly approaching "farcical" status - actually it is already there.

so when do we start putting our names down for next year

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    So if Rusty and Moe don't play by 31/5 am I back in? If completion dates aren't going to be enforced then this comp is a joke.
    It's pretty simple really. We would rather have matches played than have walkovers.

Unless you think having another 4 walkovers by the end of this weekend is a good thing?

The thing that is embarrassing is that the draw was done the earliest it has ever been done, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    It's pretty simple really. We would rather have matches played than have walkovers.

Unless you think having another 4 walkovers by the end of this weekend is a good thing?

The thing that is embarrassing is that the draw was done the earliest it has ever been done, I believe.
    Make examples of them. Go with walkovers.

Rusty and I live 100km from each other and had completely different schedules and managed to get it done when it was pissing down every day.

There is no excuse.
    Forum needs more banter.

There are excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    There are excuses.
    But not reasons.

If you can't do it in 2 months then you aren't trying. Sort it out as soon as possible rather than leave it until the last minute.
    Forum needs more banter.

How does having the draw done early help??? It's not the first round matches holding this thing up!

Thread Information