Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Chip and a putt. 5 a 1. Move on
    I don't believe you.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    I don't believe you.
    It's the interwebs. Just go with it

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Rang Tuesday to "cancel" on the fact that we are paying $5 more than our friends up the road and they have IQ + all channels etc. Ended up getting IQHD (installed today) free of charge with the same channels ( only missing 1 package so meh) for $1 less than we were originally paying. Also mentioned in November they will be rolling out free showcase,HBO channels and kids and music channels for existing customers plus some box office movies each month.

He also mentioned to call around the start of December and they should be able to drop some more off what ever package I currently have at that time . No idea why December but I will roll with it.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddzy View Post
    Rang Tuesday to "cancel" on the fact that we are paying $5 more than our friends up the road and they have IQ + all channels etc. Ended up getting IQHD (installed today) free of charge with the same channels ( only missing 1 package so meh) for $1 less than we were originally paying. Also mentioned in November they will be rolling out free showcase,HBO channels and kids and music channels for existing customers plus some box office movies each month.

He also mentioned to call around the start of December and they should be able to drop some more off what ever package I currently have at that time . No idea why December but I will roll with it.
    Thanks mate. I'll have to hit them up. We're paying $74/mth for the basics and Sports, and we have IQ. Not much, but if they can be swayed to sharpen their pencil...
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

How much are you guys paying?
    I've currently got 2 x IQ2 boxes and am paying $130 a month for everything but movies. I think I'm paying too much but want to be sure before I call them.

$49 for basic and sport, 1 x IQ

No love here, couldn't even get a dying mystar box swapped for a IQ box for free.

What are good net TV services I can look out now if the ultimate ultimatum fails?

Quote Originally Posted by Croydo View Post
    I've currently got 2 x IQ2 boxes and am paying $130 a month for everything but movies. I think I'm paying too much but want to be sure before I call them.
    Is that with or with out HD Channels? Im paying $150 for 2xIQ2 Boxes all HD with the works.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    Is that with or with out HD Channels? Im paying $150 for 2xIQ2 Boxes all HD with the works.
    That's with the HD channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Croydo View Post
    $84 a month for IQHD with entertainment , sport and basic. Is meant to be $94 even after discounts but were on a 3 month "trial" of sports for free which I will simply ring and cancel the whole thing in 3 months if they put upto $94 and let them know I want sports but cant afford more in which I am sure they will say lets roll with $84 again for another 3 months.

Thats with all the HD channels too.

The carnival is over. I moved and disconnected. Foxtel is no more for a while for me.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    The carnival is over. I moved and disconnected. Foxtel is no more for a while for me.
    Lightning struck the power pole at the front of my place and shorted out my hdmi port at the back of my TV and on my foxtel box......now I don't have foxtel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    now I don't have foxtel!!!
    You're only missing tiger stinking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    You're only missing tiger stinking it up.
    I got foxtel go so that will do for the next few days until the new box arrives

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

No bargaining stories to report, but I have undertaken a significant upgrade, so I'll report that.

Now that I live in regional NSW I am a prisoner of Telstra, who have a monopoly of telecommunication services. Therefore, bundles make sense, and I have had a T-box bundle.

My contract period was almost up, and Telstra/Foxtel offered me an upgrade to normal cable Foxtel with free installation and three months free sport. I wanted to ditch the T-Box anyway, because it is rubbish, both in broadcast quality and in unique T-Box features. So I took the offer.

Today was the big installation day. First good news was that the installer called first to check that I was home, then turned up on time. Second good news (i hope) was that the guy asked whether the satellite dish on my roof was working. I didn't know. It was there when I moved in. The guy seemed keen to check it out so I let him, and he said he could connect me to the satellite. Which he did. Even if there wasn't better quality I'd be fairly happy because it means I'm not a prisoner of Telstra any longer because the Foxtel signal doesn't come through the phone line.

The washup is that I now have an IQ3 box, which delivers HD images to my TV. I am very impressed with the picture quality. The golf looks great in HD. Anybody struggling through non-HD Foxtel should get a HD box. And anybody with a T Box should ditch it.

I don't know whether the satellite signal will die during rainstorms or the like, but right now I am a happy camper.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    No bargaining stories to report, but I have undertaken a significant upgrade, so I'll report that.

Now that I live in regional NSW I am a prisoner of Telstra, who have a monopoly of telecommunication services. Therefore, bundles make sense, and I have had a T-box bundle.

My contract period was almost up, and Telstra/Foxtel offered me an upgrade to normal cable Foxtel with free installation and three months free sport. I wanted to ditch the T-Box anyway, because it is rubbish, both in broadcast quality and in unique T-Box features. So I took the offer.

Today was the big installation day. First good news was that the installer called first to check that I was home, then turned up on time. Second good news (i hope) was that the guy asked whether the satellite dish on my roof was working. I didn't know. It was there when I moved in. The guy seemed keen to check it out so I let him, and he said he could connect me to the satellite. Which he did. Even if there wasn't better quality I'd be fairly happy because it means I'm not a prisoner of Telstra any longer because the Foxtel signal doesn't come through the phone line.

The washup is that I now have an IQ3 box, which delivers HD images to my TV. I am very impressed with the picture quality. The golf looks great in HD. Anybody struggling through non-HD Foxtel should get a HD box. And anybody with a T Box should ditch it.

I don't know whether the satellite signal will die during rainstorms or the like, but right now I am a happy camper.
    The best thing I did for my foxtel viewing was to get a terabyte IQ. Best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    The best thing I did for my foxtel viewing was to get a terabyte IQ. Best thing ever.
    Does that cost more??

IQ3 is a piece of crap.......

So many problems, wish I had never upgraded.

crashes all the time, needing to be rebooted, very slow and clunky (especially the remote)

On my second box as the first froze completely
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Have heard they are throwing deals again due to Netflix and the like biting into the market.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    Have heard they are throwing deals again due to Netflix and the like biting into the market.
    We are dropping out Foxtel back due to Netflix.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

My IQ3 has been pretty good since the last SW update. Turning off power saving helps too I think, and also bodgying the HDMI cable to fix the CEC bug. Yes, it is a bit slow though (channel surfing is a bit frustrating).

Good to hear they're doing deals again. I watch a lot of Netflix too but when my current deal runs out in a couple of months (free HD) I'm keen to hit them up for the same again, at $50pm for the base package and sport it's almost (but not quite) worth it.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

The "Turn off Power saving" fix seems to have sorted most of my IQ3 issues.
    Wifi still drops out every now and again, and sometimes the "Recorded" section is all over the place (Shows I'd previously deleted still sitting in there for some reason)

Banned

Does that cost more??
    I think from memory it was a one off fee of $150 when I got mine. I'm not paying any ongoing charges but I don't know if it's changed since I got mine about 18 months ago.

Ok. Is iq3 1tb??

Banned

Ok. Is iq3 1tb??
    Mine says it's an IQHD on the front of the machine and was definately an option for the IQHD unit (ie not standard issue). I think the IQ3 is a terabyte but I'm not 100% sure.

Thread Information