Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

The Fox sports deals sign on is not contracted, get out anytime. I think there will be some great deals going after the finals when every one opts out.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

Just re-negotiated my Foxtel. I was on Sports HD + Showtime + iQ2. I forgot about the end if my contract and they charged me $117, I was paying $91.

Called up and the sales guy wouldnt budge and would only reduce price if I downgraded my package. I wasnt happy with that and was willing to cancel, so I was transferred to disconnections.

The guy there was good and ended up doing Sports HD + iQ2 for $86 pm, this is cheaper than I was getting it 3 years ago.
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
    Just re-negotiated my Foxtel.
    Code Nerd I presume?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazgolf1 View Post
    Code Nerd I presume?
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I just pay whatever they want.

I can't do without it.
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Just went through the quarterly bargaining process and was given a price of $56/mth for 3 months with everything (IQ included).

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
    Just re-negotiated my Foxtel. I was on Sports HD + Showtime + iQ2. I forgot about the end if my contract and they charged me $117, I was paying $91.Called up and the sales guy wouldnt budge and would only reduce price if I downgraded my package. I wasnt happy with that and was willing to cancel, so I was transferred to disconnections.The guy there was good and ended up doing Sports HD + iQ2 for $86 pm, this is cheaper than I was getting it 3 years ago.
    I costed the movie channel xtra 16 dollars....Hmmm. Its 5.95 for one movie on demand. .... We spent the 16 dollars extra and just wait to movies come onto the movie channels instead of ordering them on demand.

Blog Entries

Just spent 3 minutes talking to the automated POS system, then 10 minutes on hole, then a very unhelpful girl who was unable to transfer me to anyone who was able to help, she could offer me the price on the website...we have been wit hthem for years and still have the SD box, no iQ, no nothing except sports. they are so frustrating to deal with...what tips can you guys give?

Tell them you want to cancel.

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

As above and also maybe try calling in business hours, there might be more people there with some authority to do something for you.

in my experience, you actually have to book a cancellation to get the real goodies.

I wasn't brave enough to do so, and only good a reasonable deal - not a great one.

A friend of mine had a better poker face and booked the cancellation, and the retention team rang him about 4 days before the techy was booked to come and disconnect him and basically bent over and copped it sideways. Way better deal than I got.

I think he pays the same as me, but has HD IQ2 in one room and IQ in the other with all channels. I have IQ in one and just normal in the other and only have the sportspack. We both pay $65 a month
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

i had mine cancelled last week.they were willing to cancel it on the spot but a went to end of my billing cycle to give it time to see if they would call.

i had Foxtel through Telstra FWIW,

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

When does foxtel start doing Austar areas?

Blog Entries

Has anyone bundled Fox with telstra? Is it worth it? Can I just get the sport channels?

I don't think Telstra bargain, only stand alone Foxtel.

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Has anyone bundled Fox with telstra? Is it worth it? Can I just get the sport channels?
    You need them. The 1 brothers, Awesome&Dave clearly know more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    You can get TBox and get sports channels and some other channels.

Our Tbox is a piece of shit though.
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesy

You can get TBox and get sports channels and some other channels.

Our Tbox is a piece of shit though.
    Way to sell a product there shades
    long and soft

GL: 6011911179

dave1

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    we did ours today, it was costing us $102 per month for foxtel (plus our net and phone costs)

we haggled - we ended up getting same phone/net costs but with a T- box thrown in and foxtel costs down to $67 per month from $100 (same full HD package with all the sports channels)

The T-box is handy for recording free to air as we didn't have a DVD or hard driver recorder for our Free to air channels

now you can get foxtel through the T-box - but I'm not sure what deal you can get through that process

I say Haggle like hell - threaten to disconnect!!

despite what people think Foxtel is struggling in Australia to hold onto people when people have tight budgets, people in the burbs of Australia are genuinely struggling to make ends meat

Member Trainee Pro

foxtel we have just had put it back on,

we did have foxtel on XBOX there for awhile but you have to have pretty good internet connection and chews up ya data but you can choose what you want from the full package to the 1 channel basicly

personelly i like having iq2 knowing that we can record 2 shows and still watch a show is great

when the time comes to renewing and if i am still happy with fox i'll be still happy to pay the same or i'll just get rid of it...

love fox sports specially being able to watch more golf

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

I was in the same boat few years ago and threaten to cancel. Now I'm paying $76 a month for IQ2 for sports, music, lifestyle and children shows.

So cancel away my friends and save $$$$

I just cancelled my Austar after about 14 years straight. Didnt even get the standard retention phone call, just someone purporting to be from Foxtel reminding me to send the box back. I probably picked the worst time to cancel and hope for a retention deal given the massive changes happening there right now, but I doubt I would have taken anything anyway. I want to go buy a standard satellite receiver, hit my dish with a hammer three times, and pick up the all free stuff on Optus D1. (but you heathens wouldnt be interested in that)

That plus Free TV, Torrents and my Apple Tv>XBMC I dont need Pay Tv anymore. I even rigged XBMC to play the Footy off the bigpond site, quality is fine, juts have to wait 12 hours after the siren, which suits me as well.
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 8th August 2012 at 11:19 PM.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Just got off the phone with Fox and got the get started package with sports for $38.50 for a further 6 months (should have been $61).
    Last edited by Woody502; 7th November 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

I just cancelled my foxtel. I was on the IQ2 with HD, Sports, Lifestyle, music and kids channels and I was paying $78 a month. Previously when I would ring them to cancel they would give me a discounted rate for the next 4-6months, then I would have to ring them again.

This time when I rang them the guy was quite arrogant and was almost like he was trying to call my bluff regarding cancelling, saying that I'm always trying to ring to get a discount (I figure most ppl would do this). Anyway he gave me a bugger all discount so I went ahead with the cancellation.

Does anyone know if Foxtel are changing directions with the discounts they are giving - maybe they want to operate at hight margin? I would assume that with them signing quite large deals for both NRL and AFL they would want to keep as many subscribers as possible since they already have the infrastructure and hardware in place.

Time will tell whether they try to win back my business.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    I just cancelled my foxtel. I was on the IQ2 with HD, Sports, Lifestyle, music and kids channels and I was paying $78 a month. Previously when I would ring them to cancel they would give me a discounted rate for the next 4-6months, then I would have to ring them again.

This time when I rang them the guy was quite arrogant and was almost like he was trying to call my bluff regarding cancelling, saying that I'm always trying to ring to get a discount (I figure most ppl would do this). Anyway he gave me a bugger all discount so I went ahead with the cancellation.

Does anyone know if Foxtel are changing directions with the discounts they are giving - maybe they want to operate at hight margin? I would assume that with them signing quite large deals for both NRL and AFL they would want to keep as many subscribers as possible since they already have the infrastructure and hardware in place.

Time will tell whether they try to win back my business.
    I think usually you would want to go through with the cancellation, then the retention team ring you back with the better discounts.

That's my understanding anyway...

May have to go through this process myself. Getting too damn expensive to have Foxtel these days, considering I could just download everything that's on there anyway.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Thread Information