Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    AFL and NRL live apps make the additional cost worth it for me
    Why not watch it on your phone via the Foxtel app?
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Why not watch it on your phone via the Foxtel app?
    AFL and NRL live apps don't come off data allowance - and are generally 30 seconds ahead of the Foxtel stream.

Little things....

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Pretty good deal on at the moment https://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/packa...offerbanner_iq

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by gazgolf1 View Post
    That exact deal was offered last week, but with free install included.
    Sneaky bastards left the advert and all the artwork the same and just took away the free install comment.
    Foxtel must have had too many people phoning up to change their plans.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Did any of you guys who haggled for a better deal have Foxtel through Telstra? That is , did you haggle with Telstra or with Foxtel?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Still available using this link. https://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/checkout/special-offers/your-address.html Try incognito mode if you're using Chrome. Mozilla works for me.
    Last edited by BayBum; 27th February 2018 at 09:02 AM.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Sneaky bastards left the advert and all the artwork the same and just took away the free install comment.
    Foxtel must have had too many people phoning up to change their plans.
    I got the $39 deal.

Plus $25 to freight out an IQ3 box....

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

i will be making a call today. My old contract just ended. Around this time each year I play the same bargaining game with them. Asking to be put through to disconnections works a treat.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
    Did any of you guys who haggled for a better deal have Foxtel through Telstra? That is , did you haggle with Telstra or with Foxtel?
    Telstra usually just respond that they have no discounting ability and can't do anything. I usually bundle all my services to achieve the discount. Currently paying $99 for Basic Foxtel plus unlimited cable Internet. With added channels (everything bar Movies) it costs us $149.50 total. It also included upgrade to IQ3 when we signed up.

It used to be a waste of time going to a Telstra Shop to do a deal, but the Franchisees seem to have a lot more discretion these days, and the last few times I have been very pleased with the results and service.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Made the call today. We have the HD Platinum package and got it reduced to $89 per month for 6 months with a free IQ3 box upgrade.

Like others, I just explained that I was miffed at paying top price for 20 years when new customers were being offered way better deals, so I would cancel and rejoin when the next round of offers came up for new customers.

16 year customer who has had to go through the re-negotiation process again. Was paying overs for a long time (more than $100 month not including movies, IQ2 etc, Foxtel response was that I was on the 'old' package and was almost my fault somehow that I hadn't switched over). Anyway, negotiated the Platinum HD for $89 for 12 months which is just about to expire.

Went through the billing team and then retention team, best they would offer was $99 for 12 month extension. Asked to speak to supervisor who then came back with $89 for 6 months as can no longer offer 12 month deal apparently. On top of this the price is going up $2/month from October.

Took the $89 deal for now and have 6 months to think about it..... If not for the sport I would have given these clowns the flick a long time ago! Was also talking to the missus last night how over the years they have slipped more and more ads into shows as well....
    You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

I remember when FOXTEL first came on, their catch phrase was "No Ads"...

Quote Originally Posted by bergsey View Post
    16 year customer who has had to go through the re-negotiation process again. Was paying overs for a long time (more than $100 month not including movies, IQ2 etc, Foxtel response was that I was on the 'old' package and was almost my fault somehow that I hadn't switched over). Anyway, negotiated the Platinum HD for $89 for 12 months which is just about to expire.

Went through the billing team and then retention team, best they would offer was $99 for 12 month extension. Asked to speak to supervisor who then came back with $89 for 6 months as can no longer offer 12 month deal apparently. On top of this the price is going up $2/month from October.

Took the $89 deal for now and have 6 months to think about it..... If not for the sport I would have given these clowns the flick a long time ago! Was also talking to the missus last night how over the years they have slipped more and more ads into shows as well....
    Should be able to get a better deal in 6 months. It’s not as if the list of competitors is shrinking.

just signed on the foxtel play to watch westworld while the missus is away....
    Doesn't seem to get great picture quality compare to Netflix or Prime, and doesn't have the tracking of watched episodes on different devices....

2 weeks free trial... probably just unsub after watching the 2 season of westworld

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    just signed on the foxtel play to watch westworld while the missus is away....
    Doesn't seem to get great picture quality compare to Netflix or Prime, and doesn't have the tracking of watched episodes on different devices....

2 weeks free trial... probably just unsub after watching the 2 season of westworld
    I did that very thing.... after watching a lot of golf, also.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

With the new 4K box coming, i thought id ring up and try and upgrade. We package with Telstra and they said it would be a total of $150 delivered for a self instal iQ4 box.

I asked to disconnect it and i would sign back up and get the box for $50 (if not more) cheaper as a new customer with Foxtel themselves, surprise surprise they came back 10 minutes later and said i could have the iQ4 upgrade for free.

Worth a try for existing customers, and 4K cricket can't be a bad thing! Hopefully the Masters next year is in 4K.

I'll be trying to do the upgrade for no other reason than to get rid of the shitfest that is the IQ3 Box.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Just a note this is only an option if you already have satellite Foxtel.

I assume the $3 a month extra is to subsidise people that do this?

Member Trainee Pro

ok just becuase the new iq4 is out, to me there is no point upgrading to iq4 unless your going to get the benifit of the 4k viewing... if you only have a standard hd tv your not going to get the viewing in 4k and it is only 1 channel that will have 4k access.

Guys iq3 when it 1st came out was a crap box and many people got annoyed with it.. but not many realise that when foxtel fixed this error they brought out the iq3.5 box (they still called it iq3) that this box could be upgrade to 4k capabilities in which they will do eventually, so maybe just worth waiting till they do this upgrade to the 3.5 box

however though i the mrs rang a few weeks ago to see what it was going to be to upgrade the iq4 as we have a oled tv in living room and we had iq3 one of the 1st boxes that stuffed up and iq 2 in the bedroom well they wanted us to pay and arm and a leg , she said nup we just want the iq 4 keep iq 3for bedroom and send back iq 2... the person went back to someone and returned saying send both iq 3 and iq2 back we will give you Iq 4 for both rooms for the same price ya on now .........not sure what we pay as the good lady takes care of it i just watch it......

Guys they are also sucking you in if ya have multi room becuase you can cast foxtel now through ya phone/tablet and pc.... if you only have 1 box you can still cast from pc but you will not be able to cast from phone/tablet if using foxtel go... it is just an extra way for them to be making money out of you as they encouraging you to have multi room and really there is no point casting unless you have more then 2 tvs in use and that have airplay or chromecast

Member Trainee Pro

Gday Guys and gals

This is not about getting the best deal from foxtel , but with foxtel has put a teaser on channel 444 (the 4k channel till 10am Sunday morning) and with this they have brought up an update to both iq 3 ( i think your box needs to be iq 3.5) and iq4

Check if your Foxtel iQ3 has the latest software by:
    1. On your remote select Home
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select Advanced Settings
    4. Select System Details
    5. Look for Software Version - this will read version 1.14.4.9 (iQ3) or 1.14.7.4. (iQ4) If not, you may have an older version.

How to do a manual software update on the Foxtel iQ4

1. Press and hold the power/standby button in until it turns red
    2. Let it change back to blue.
    3. Press the standby button again 3 times quickly

The software download will commence and will take about 10 minutes

How to do a manual software update on the Foxtel iQ3

1. Power cycle the Foxtel iQ3, that is, unplug power cable from the back of the Foxtel iQ3, press & hold the front panel STANDBY button then plug the power back in.
    2. Wait until STANDBY button light goes from red to blue then red to blue a second time (this will take approx. 20 seconds), then release the STANDBY button.
    3. Quickly press UP ARROW, then DOWN ARROW arrow, then the STANDBY button on the front of the Foxtel iQ3.
    4. If successful, the blue bootloader download screen will display (illustrated below), do not disconnect power while the download is happening and wait for the full process to complete and you have Foxtel video on your screen again; otherwise, repeat the steps above.
    Once downloaded and installed, you won't notice any difference in the look or functionality, this release will enable us to provide a streaming option for selected trailers in the On Demand menu.
    • Following the launch of FoxFlicks in August, this change will enhance the Movies viewing experience.
    • The ability to stream trailers from selected movie titles is expected to be available in late October.

Foxtel are asking for there customers to call them for this update , however you do not need to do it if ya follow the steps above

if you are not confident to follow these procedures above , then call foxtel to have them do it for you

4k is only available to Satellite customers and have a 4k compatible tv

Disclosure: i take no responsibility if you proceed with the above method, if you are not confident and don't research what you doing and go ahead in following this and you bugger up that is on you.......

I have foxtel iq4 i did the above updates manually as what was set out above and my box updated fine

cheers and beers
    oz

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

If you are only using Foxtel for the sport, then it might be time to dump it.

Kayo looks good to me, although I would like a bit more of the men's big tennis tournaments.
    https://www.finder.com.au/sports-on-kayo
    https://kayosports.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    If you are only using Foxtel for the sport, then it might be time to dump it.

Kayo looks good to me, although I would like a bit more of the men's big tennis tournaments.
    https://www.finder.com.au/sports-on-kayo
    https://kayosports.com.au/
    Sounds like it might be time to dump it then. Me likey.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Kayo does look good. A lot of sports live as well and seems like a good price.
    (Kayo is owned by Foxtel though, so if you’re dumping Foxtel for Kayo, your money is still going to Foxtel)

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

[QUOTE=aussieashley;1390189]Kayo does look good. A lot of sports live as well and seems like a good price.(Kayo is owned by Foxtel though,/QUOTE] This! One way or another they will work out a way that they are not losing money!

Thread Information