Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by bergsey View Post
    I've had the IQ2 since it came out, not without it's issues also. Occassionally have had to wipe all the recordings and has stopped in middle of recording for no reason. Storage is also pretty limited if you like recording golf.

Paying over $100/month for all channels except movies. Time to call the disconnection line i think, although would kick myself if they cut me off during footy season !!!

Been with Foxtel a long time, pity they continue to treat their long term customers with contempt !
    So this. We have two boxes, one IQ, one standard, and am paying waay too much.

Then on turn FTA TV on and realise it sucks big donkey dicks.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

I had all channels except Kids and Lifestyle.
    Wife and kids were happy with the music side. They dropped all music channels except V Hits.
    I had it for the Sport and Movies but also enjoyed watching channels like Discovery Science etc.. which they also dropped.
    Was starting to get a little tired of them having a dedicated Footy Channel then putting the football on one of the other channels instead.
    Also was getting over the multiple soccer channels. Why would I want to sit there and watch ChelseaTV 24 hours a day.

I had a Netflix subscription for about 2 hours. Realised there was absolutely nothing on it that tickled my fancy so cancelled.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Is that just for Foxtel Now, not a box or anything? In the end, while they want to compete with the others, they really are offering a different product. Still too much for me to be interested.
    Yea no box etc. No point in having a box as we are in the satellite zone so it is just a pain. I might kill it once the super rugby finishes as I think I am the only one watching it now, and it is a bit much for a couple of games a month.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Has anyone seen anything that says whether the Foxtel Play -> Now changes also apply to Foxtel Go?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    Has anyone seen anything that says whether the Foxtel Play -> Now changes also apply to Foxtel Go?
    Isn't your Foxtel go just an extension of the home plan that you are already on?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Isn't your Foxtel go just an extension of the home plan that you are already on?
    Yeah, but is it going to have the same HD and chromecast capabilities?

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

And just like that I cancelled it today. Too much to watch the reds play like schoolkids.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    So this. We have two boxes, one IQ, one standard, and am paying waay too much.

Then on turn FTA TV on and realise it sucks big donkey dicks.
    Agreed. FTA is crap and the only time we watch it in our house is when the wife wants to watch some reality TV crap that's not on Fox (even though there's plenty of that rubbish on Fox as well). With the picture you get on FTA compared to Foxtel, it's no contest which I'd rather watch. FTA makes me feel like I need glasses.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

We've always watched a fair amount of fta, but I think it's mostly noise in the background; when we're focused on what we're watching it's usually on the mediacenter pc or netflix.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Foxtel aren't even remotely interested in "bargaining" unless you're an existing customer and threaten to cancel it seems. I've made a couple of inquiries and it would be $150+ a month for 2 x boxes & the works package which is crazy expensive IMO!!!
    "SHANKS FOR THE MEMORIES"

As much as I hate being a Telstra customer when things go shite, have you considered looking at foxtel through their bundles?

We have platinum foxtel, 2 boxes, HD, home broadband (200GB - un-metered for all Foxtel downloads), home phone all bundled together. It certainly made ours much cheaper.

Senior Member Major Winner

11 minutes on the phone, $50 off for the next 12 months.

This shit is too easy.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    As much as I hate being a Telstra customer when things go shite, have you considered looking at foxtel through their bundles?

We have platinum foxtel, 2 boxes, HD, home broadband (200GB - un-metered for all Foxtel downloads), home phone all bundled together. It certainly made ours much cheaper.
    This is something we've been looking for but my local Telstra shops don't offer anything remotely like what you've listed...

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    11 minutes on the phone, $50 off for the next 12 months.This shit is too easy.
    Please explain? $50/month? Did you have to commit to a contract?Last time I had to go through disconnections then commit to a 12 month contract to get a better deal (was out of contract at the time)
    You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

Please explain? $50/month? Did you have to commit to a contract?Last time I had to go through disconnections then commit to a 12 month contract to get a better deal (was out of contract at the time)
    Got the Platinum HD pack at $89 a month. No commitment. Essentially can't take channels out of it though, as that voids the offer. But why would I want to?

Rang to disconnect, they asked why, I said it was too expensive, and essentially it was "all or nothing" as dropping channels doesn't get me better value for money. Badah bing, badah boom, $50 off the Platinum pack for the next 12 months, but can disconnect any time if I wish.

The $89 a month Platinum offer is available online for new customers, so think theyre offering it to disconnecters too.
    GolfMap

Got the Platinum HD pack at $89 a month. No commitment. Essentially can't take channels out of it though, as that voids the offer. But why would I want to?

Rang to disconnect, they asked why, I said it was too expensive, and essentially it was "all or nothing" as dropping channels doesn't get me better value for money. Badah bing, badah boom, $50 off the Platinum pack for the next 12 months, but can disconnect any time if I wish.

The $89 a month Platinum offer is available online for new customers, so think theyre offering it to disconnecters too.
    I just got the same deal. Though with the second box in the bar/shed it has made it $104. Still a $50 a month saving over the next 12.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

I'm gonna make the call ! After being a loyal customer for 10+ years it still amazes me how they treat you like shite!
    You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

I'm gonna make the call ! After being a loyal customer for 10+ years it still amazes me how they treat you like shite!
    Bit ridiculous that you have to threaten to disconnect to get any sort of special pricing, but I suppose they're not gonna give money away for free, are they?
    GolfMap

Bit ridiculous that you have to threaten to disconnect to get any sort of special pricing, but I suppose they're not gonna give money away for free, are they?
    Especially when you call them and ask "as a loyal 10+ year customer, can I please have the same deal as a new subscriber?" and get told by the sales team there is nothing they can do for you is fairly shite.

It's $109 for that HD Platinum package now but they were offering it for $89 a few months ago!

Cancelled the other day, can't wait to drop the box off at the post office.

Handy hint; if you cancel Foxtel after 11 years to save some money (and because its crap) make sure you actually have an aerial to receive the crappy free to air stations, otherwise you may have to fork out $500 to have one installed
    Last edited by gazgolf1; 20th June 2017 at 07:52 AM.

Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

My service deactivated on Sunday according to my Foxtel Now Account.
    Got home last night and my eldest was watching something on the Comedy Channel. WTF
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by gazgolf1 View Post
    Cancelled the other day, can't wait to drop the box off at the post office.

Handy hint; if you cancel Foxtel after 11 years to save some money (and because its crap) make sure you actually have an aerial to receive the crappy free to air stations, otherwise you may have to fork out $500 to have one installed
    Tv aerials are easy enough to install.

Did the Foxtel Play 2 week free trial basically because it was free and still glad I got rid of Foxtel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Ended up going back to full price for 3 months, had an issue over Christmas with my dish, told me it'd take 4 weeks to sort because Gunnedah is so remote. I Told them they had 72 hours to sort it otherwise I'd cancel. Got it sorted, plus another 6 months half price. Now paying $55/ month for everything but movies.
    Went back to full price this month, so I Sent them a message and told them to cancel. Anyway the cancellations team rang, said straight up that they'll do the half price deal for another 6 months. Said thanks, and told him I'd be in touch in another 6 months.

Thread Information