Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by davepuppies View Post
    if I am not on a contract I will still have bargaining power to upgrade my box through committing to a new contract.
    You called to cancel and end up paying $10 more per month?

I'm not sure there'll be too much panic the next time they see your number come up.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    You called to cancel and end up paying $10 more per month?

I'm not sure there'll be too much panic the next time they see your number come up.
    Was always the plan mate. I have gained full platinum channels for free, free HD box, all I am paying for is the HD channels I have added.
    Most important thing is I am,not,on a contract on this upgrade, but can now leverage further on my next call in a few months,for,IQ3.
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    What is IQ3??
    Being released in November.

Is a 1 terabyte box, can record 3 channels at once, and view a 4th.
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by davepuppies View Post
    Being released in November.

Is a 1 terabyte box, can record 3 channels at once, and view a 4th.
    I struggle to find 1 show on at a time that I actually would like to watch , this seems like overkill and a half! but I suppose there must be someone out there that needs that much TV in their life.

I quite often record the golf, sometimes this might conflict with a documentary, or regular sitcom I like to watch, and then the wife likes to record her regular soapy crap......

It's doesn't happen often, but occasionally we get recording conflicts.
    In the bag

The 1TB will be handy, but its useless unless their recording system actually starts to work properly. Mine misses shows, cuts out halfway through some and if the box resets itself, which it does once a month or so, it's a crapshoot to see which recorded programs are left on there.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    The 1TB will be handy, but its useless unless their recording system actually starts to work properly. Mine misses shows, cuts out halfway through some and if the box resets itself, which it does once a month or so, it's a crapshoot to see which recorded programs are left on there.
    I think the foxtel IQ is the best recorder I've ever used. Never had a problem with mine.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

If you are getting crashing problems, it could well be a sign that the hard disk is failing/about to fail/has bad sectors. If you're in contract, make a fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    If you are getting crashing problems, it could well be a sign that the hard disk is failing/about to fail/has bad sectors. If you're in contract, make a fuss about it.
    Have been with Austar for 5+ years, then got switched over to Foxtel when they took over. How the hell would I know if I'm "in contract"?
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Have been with Austar for 5+ years, then got switched over to Foxtel when they took over. How the hell would I know if I'm "in contract"?
    No idea, but what I'm getting at is whether your current equipment should be covered under warranty, or whether you'd have to repair your box or buy a new one at your own cost. Not too sure how it works over here with Foxtel, but the equipment is the same as with Sky in the UK, and I had several crashing problems that were solved by swapping the box out.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I'm also an Austar/Foxtel customer and have the same problems as LeftyHoges. It frustrates the crap out of me when it jumps back & forth, shuts down, decides to go back to the start of the recording after you pause it, etc. I rang them one night last week and the woman on the "Help" desk said I can update my two boxes and they would only cost me $75 each plus another $75 each for a technician. I told her I would rather cancel it and she said to call the cancellations department during business hours. I told her as a business owner it staggered me that they would let go a 10+ year customer paying over $2000 per year over $300 to fix their faulty equipment. She basically didn't give a shit. I haven't got around to calling them back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    I'm also an Austar/Foxtel customer and have the same problems as LeftyHoges. It frustrates the crap out of me when it jumps back & forth, shuts down, decides to go back to the start of the recording after you pause it, etc. I rang them one night last week and the woman on the "Help" desk said I can update my two boxes and they would only cost me $75 each plus another $75 each for a technician. I told her I would rather cancel it and she said to call the cancellations department during business hours. I told her as a business owner it staggered me that they would let go a 10+ year customer paying over $2000 per year over $300 to fix their faulty equipment. She basically didn't give a shit. I haven't got around to calling them back yet.
    Threatening to cancel is the only way they will listen. It will be a win/win for you either way. The give you a free upgrade to your boxes or you can go ahead with the cancellation and then jump back on when they have a free installation deal.

I agree, and would cancel it today. I only really watch the golf and the footy, and the rest of the finals will be on free to air anyway. My wife on the other hand watches and records a heap of utter shite and would be filthy on me if I cancelled.

I agree, and would cancel it today. I only really watch the golf and the footy, and the rest of the finals will be on free to air anyway. My wife on the other hand watches and records a heap of utter shite and would be filthy on me if I cancelled.
    Yep but she will get over it. You can DL most of the shows anyway.

Call and ask if you are out of contract as you any to leave.

They will send you through to their "saves team" in Sydney.

They will do their best to keep you.

Try and not commit to a new contract as you lose your leverage once in a new contract
    In the bag

Junior Member Plays with an ex-hire set

anyone getting the boxset?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I'm always worried if I ring and threaten to cancel that they'll call my bluff!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Ring them now as they are introducing cheaper rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Risk/reward. You've gotta risk losing one in the drink if you want an easy wedge in.

I rang Foxtel again the other day and enquired as to whether I am under contract and whether I could cancel at any time. The guy asked me why and I told him about the boxes freezing and resetting etc and my frustrated dealings with the help desk. I got two new boxes and remotes installed today at no charge. I also asked him whether the savings under the new structure would be passed on to existing customers. Apparently I would only save about $4 per month, but they will send a letter offering me some new channels and a few free box office movies every month.

I rang Foxtel again the other day and enquired as to whether I am under contract and whether I could cancel at any time. The guy asked me why and I told him about the boxes freezing and resetting etc and my frustrated dealings with the help desk. I got two new boxes and remotes installed today at no charge. I also asked him whether the savings under the new structure would be passed on to existing customers. Apparently I would only save about $4 per month, but they will send a letter offering me some new channels and a few free box office movies every month.
    Nice

Risk/reward. You've gotta risk losing one in the drink if you want an easy wedge in.
    How would u know???

How would u know???
    One day I'll have an easy wedge in

One day I'll have an easy wedge in
    To a par 3 for your 4th

To a par 3 for your 4th
    Chip and a putt. 5 a 1. Move on

Thread Information