Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

We have the whole shebang with two STB's ... one HD ..... IQ the whole bit.

Wouldn't be without it
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaWatty View Post
    How have you managed this price?
    Ring em up. Exactly what I pay for everything with HD and another STB. Never heard of anyone not getting it when talking to retention team.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    Ring em up. Exactly what I pay for everything with HD and another STB. Never heard of anyone not getting it when talking to retention team.
    It is a great price, but eventually getting to the retention team and then negotiating with them, could be a bit too much for a lot of people.

I wasn't prepared to get disconnected so didn't go the retention path.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
    It is a great price, but eventually getting to the retention team and then negotiating with them, could be a bit too much for a lot of people.

I wasn't prepared to get disconnected so didn't go the retention path.
    Honestly, no effort at all. Told foxtel too dear so disconnect. Say it will be picked up by such a day. Couple of days later retention ring you. Start off confirming pick up date, say why leaving and then say will put you on better plan. That was it. They dont care and are happy because kept a punter which is their job. Foxtel retain a customer that otherwise would cost them money to lose . Everyone happy.

$67/mth here for everything bar the hd channels, including IQ.

I could easily live without it though, I think the kids get more out of it then me.

Ive recently had big time interference in my connection especially in the HD channels and its taken three technicians and 3 weeks then guys from Telstra to fix a hum on the line. What do u think about ringing up to get some compensation? We are contracted till next year also so I dont think I can use the whole "im disconnecting theory"..
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Blog Entries

You may be able to get compensation, cant hurt to try. From what I have heard though, Telstra do not come to the party on bargaining. You will need to get connected via Foxtel if you want to bargain on Pay TV.

Are Foxtel pumping HD via the cable now? a few years ago they were never going to do that and were going to eventually phase out the cable altogether, as after C1 went live there was massive bandwidth available in the sky.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Are Foxtel pumping HD via the cable now? a few years ago they were never going to do that and were going to eventually phase out the cable altogether, as after C1 went live there was massive bandwidth available in the sky.

Yep.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

And in fact cable is the preferred option for HD via Foxtel as they have the full suite of FTA HD channels like ONE that are not currently included in the satellite offering.
    Last edited by Bruce; 7th June 2011 at 08:59 AM.
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

Speaking of Foxtel, anyone got a remote relay working with the IQ2 box? I want to shove all my gear behind a capboard door so will need to relay the remote. From what I have read the IQ2 box is a bit sensitive and hard to get working.

I've been with Fox for about 5 years now and never done much bargaining, as I've been holding off due to moving house soon.

I've moving in 3 weeks, should I do my bargaining now and then spring it on them that I'm moving, or should I just cancel and then sign up as a new customer ?
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Really depends on what sort of deal you can get. They normally throw around free installation and reduced packages for 6 months now anyway, but that might limit you chances of getting a better deal when the first 6 months expires (what ever the current deal is anyway).

I would almost think it would be better to deal now and then pay the relocating fee, as then you are not locked into 2 years or anything on the highest package, if that makes sense.

I only have basics + sport. My bargaining was going to push for extra boxes in other rooms.

The place we're moving to is new, so the relocation fee is genuinely a concern as there is no infrastructure in place
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

I have moved to Bogpond with a T-Box. Foxhel is coming over T-Box soon.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    I have moved to Bogpond with a T-Box. Foxhel is coming over T-Box soon.
    Pete, whats your thoughts on the T-box? I've been thinking about getting one.

Blog Entries

Just signed up on the new plans. Seems to be resonably popular on Whirlpool. I'll let you know when it comes in.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Banned

Moe they will try to charge you for relocating. They did this with me a while back so j told them to disconnect me and I will just rejoin with free install. There is something that says you can't reconnect under same name for six months. Ended up getting relocated for free.

Pete any update on the Tbox?
    My Foxtel contract has just expired and I've gone from paying $78 per month for Platinum HD to $131 . I rang to cancel the service on Friday night and they talked me into keeping the the IQ2 box for $10 per month so we can still record kids shows for my daughter etc. Not sure I've made the right move, I got out of bed this morning to watch the golf....ooops.
    I'm hoping I'll get a call from the retention team like last time, I'll give them until the middle of next week and decide what I'll do after that.
    Last edited by gazgolf1; 26th October 2011 at 04:03 PM.

I went through the same process a couple of weeks ago, refused their offers when I rang to disconnect and then got a call within 3 days. Ended up with a cheaper offer again $57/mth for everything bar the hd channels, including a iq box.

..... but the HD channels are the best part of the whole thing !!
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by gazgolf1 View Post
    Pete any update on the Tbox?
    My Foxtel contract has just expired and I've gone from paying $78 per month for Plantinum HD to $131 . I rang to cancel the service on Friday night and they talked me into keeping the the IQ2 box for $10 per month so we can still record kids shows for my daughter etc. Not sure I've made the right move, I got out of bed this morning to watch the golf....ooops.
    I'm hoping I'll get a call from the retention team like last time, I'll give them until the middle of next week and decide what I'll do after that.
    I got s Tbox when they first came out and hAd all sorts of problems with it. They ended up sending me a new one which is ok but they only have a 160gig hard drive which fills up quickly. It does have a USB port but I haven't tried using it yet. I have heard that you can only play stuff transferred by USB via the Tbox and it Wont play on other media

Meh, the channels are there already, wife & 2 kids, it's not like I get to watch a lot if tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Hacker View Post
    I went through the same process a couple of weeks ago, refused their offers when I rang to disconnect and then got a call within 3 days. Ended up with a cheaper offer again $57/mth for everything bar the hd channels, including a iq box.
    I'm tossing up getting my Optus cable disconnected. The price keeps going up & it's not far below Foxtel's listed pricing. Unfortunately, it doesn't have all of the Foxtel bells & whistles and never looks likely to. $57/mth is a great deal.

Blog Entries

TBox goes allright. Don't use it so much at the moment, need to move it to the other room. Was good for watching nrl games once you could download them.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Thread Information