Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Threaded View

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Default Conspiracy Theory

Being the 10th anniversary of the Sydney Olympics, will we hear what really happened to Cathy Freeman's missing suit, from the flame lighting?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225923194479

Dotty theory ... The Olympic rings on the suit were stencilled upside-down.

While watching the live telecast, I noticed two things, that the stitching was not hidden and that there was a faint upside-down Olympic symbol on the suit. Not knowing anything about fashion and clothes making, I just assumed that the former was for dramatic effect and the upside-down Olympic rings were a side-effect of the cutting-style.

Amid all the pre-games secrecy, the actual suit was locked away until the last minute. Cathy marched into the stadium in the team uniform, snuck away for a quick change, only to discover the potentially embarrassing mistake minutes before lighting the flame. So the suit was turned inside-out to lessen the impact.

After the ceremony, the organising committee quickly grabbed the misprinted suit back and had it either destroyed or locked away forever.
    Last edited by Dotty; 15th September 2010 at 12:39 PM.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Thread Information