Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 209 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 5218
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    He’s right. The parliament was certainly easier to navigate for the government before that dickhead with his 5% approval rating decided to blow the joint up. To be fair to him (and Abbott/Kelly et al) I bet the 17 weeks a year they spend in parliament is harder graft than their normal day job of promoting themselves on 2GB/Sky News.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Sure, he's a tool and its easy to hate Dutton however is there something wrong with a democracy where you actually cant do anything?

We are presumably on the path to having "social media independents" decide on what is appropriate policy.

Regardless if that whispering **** sparrer Shorten gets elected, he/they should at least be able to do some of what they present to the electorate.
    I don't hate him, but I do abhor most of what he purports to stand for.

I also think plenty gets done, but some things are harder than others to and that is the beauty of a system like ours. It is genuinely the best system we've come up with that gives pretty much everyone a say and stops the worst of human excesses.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    It concerns me that you (or anyone else for that matter) care about what Dutton says, and particularly about what other people say about it on Twitter.

Dutton is only being honest (and stupid). In private, every politician thinks the same thing. And every public servant, including me when I was one, thinks both politicians and the parliament only hinder good decision making and the efficient running of the country. Yes Minister was very accurate in that respect, and still is.

Calling WBennett for his 2 cents worth.
    It concerns me that you are concerned about my concern such that it is apparent you have a lack of concern that a totalitarian dickwad like Dutton was not many votes away from running the country.

But maybe stick to watching satire television to inform your opinions on politics (admittedly it is a very funny show and hits the mark in a lot of ways, but it was actually more of a critique of the issues with an entrenched bureaucracy ,so people like you apparently were in a past life, stymieing the efforts of politicians to get things done and the grandiose attitudes of certain members of parliament.

Maybe try some De Tocqueville or peruse something in the history section and see what happens when people are ok with a softer approach to parliamentary democracy.

I also very much doubt every politician thinks the same, hence we still have a parliamentary democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Jim

Social media policy prevents me from commenting on the current Government.

I do recall that our first female Minister governed in minority for a couple of years. Its not easy, but doable if you have an agenda that covers the middle ground.
    You love Julia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    He’s right. The parliament was certainly easier to navigate for the government before that dickhead with his 5% approval rating decided to blow the joint up. To be fair to him (and Abbott/Kelly et al) I bet the 17 weeks a year they spend in parliament is harder graft than their normal day job of promoting themselves on 2GB/Sky News.
    He's right and I am very glad that he is. But he is still a massive hypocritical flog.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Loved how quickly the tweet devolved into comparisons to Mussolini and Hitler.

Argument over.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Loved how quickly the tweet devolved into comparisons to Mussolini and Hitler.

Argument over.
    Is that Godwin?

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Is that Godwin?
    This certainly is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Loved how quickly the tweet devolved into comparisons to Mussolini and Hitler. Argument over.
    Not surprising as it is a classic totalitarian move to neuter an institution like a parliament.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Car smackers! Front right of my car has been smacked into, no idea who did it. No note just thanks for coming. The first word uttered by the baby in Meet the Fockers comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Car smackers! Front right of my car has been smacked into, no idea who did it. No note just thanks for coming. The first word uttered by the baby in Meet the Fockers comes to mind.
    I was hit and run on the freeway a couple weeks ago by a road train in peak hour traffic

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Piss taking MPs and their staff at it again

https://www.theage.com.au/national/m...30-p50jgp.html

Of course we get the usual refrain that they aren't responsible for administering the policy, one MP from country Qld managed to run up $8,700 in a single month whilst he was swanning around NZ ...…..WTF are they doing on these phones.

Wouldn't a Vodafone SIM with $5 roaming provide a solution?

Senior Member Major Winner

Piss taking MPs and their staff at it again

https://www.theage.com.au/national/m...30-p50jgp.html

Of course we get the usual refrain that they aren't responsible for administering the policy, one MP from country Qld managed to run up $8,700 in a single month whilst he was swanning around NZ ...…..WTF are they doing on these phones.

Wouldn't a Vodafone SIM with $5 roaming provide a solution?
    I’d imagine they’re right.

Without knowing the options they’re given it’s impossible to know who’s to blame although I suspect a public servant signed a bad deal with a telco or third party.

I’m sure it’s a similar story with flights.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I can tell you how it works for my org.

We signed a multi mill $ contract with out network/telecomms provider. We work on a slightly different network which is allegedly more secure than the public network.

We have unlimited data shared across x thousand devices.

Calls within the providers network is zero cost. Calls to other providers are at expensive rates.

We dont get the option of $5 a day international roaming, and international data is at full rates.

Its not an easy contract to get out of unfortunately.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

A orthopedic surgeon has just recommended that I have arthroscopic surgery on my hip, which would make it my second. This is to address the ongoing problems with the hip, which included the recent osteitis pubis that I had, which left me with an adductor muscle that didn't fully heal. I don't want to have to go through all of that again, including the cost, only for it to not work, since there is no guarantee that it will. He says that there is an 80% chance that it will improve, 10% chance that it will stay the same, and 10% chance that it will get worse.

Because COVID-19 is likely to overwhelm our hospitals soon, he has brought all of his surgeries forward, so I could get this done within the next couple of weeks, if I wanted to. I don't know.

Default Things that concern you.

Do it, then work from home during your rehab
    Last edited by backintheswing; 24th March 2020 at 10:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Do it while you can, you have no idea what lies ahead with this virus. Hospitals will be inundated.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Chances are, even if I do book it, the hospitals will be inundated before it happens and it gets canned.

The Brisbane public hospitals are being converted into Covid-19 triage. The private hospitals will handle emergency life threatening surgery and all elective procedures will be deferred. Any elderly virus cases will not be treated just sent home as to not overwhelm the system.
    Also from a mate inside the medical ropes, they have now found that some who have recovered from Covid-19 have a 10-15% permanent lung deficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    The Brisbane public hospitals are being converted into Covid-19 triage. The private hospitals will handle emergency life threatening surgery and all elective procedures will be deferred. Any elderly virus cases will not be treated just sent home as to not overwhelm the system.
    Also from a mate inside the medical ropes, they have now found that some who have recovered from Covid-19 have a 10-15% permanent lung deficiency.
    Reduced or Permanent? Not sure how this being so new it can be called Permanent.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Lungs have the capacity for regeneration. Mate it's just what I was told.

I'm sure I remember when I had pneumonia about 12 or 13 years ago, a chest x-ray I had a while after (less than a year) showed signs that I'd had pneumonia. I don't know how long it takes to regain full function though, and this is a nasty bugger.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Elective surgery off the table as of an hour ago. Looks like I get to keep my crippled body for a few months more, without any decent outlet for exercising. 100kg, here I come.

Blog Entries

Maybe the mods/forum should consider unattributed medical/covid comments. Not having a dig at you Ferrins but some people will read that and basically collapse in fear and panic and I'm not at all sure it is accurate.

Maybe the mods/forum should consider unattributed medical/covid comments. Not having a dig at you Ferrins but some people will read that and basically collapse in fear and panic and I'm not at all sure it is accurate.
    Agreed, stop going to a golf forum to source Corona information and go to a professional who is on top of things...….https://mobile.twitter.com/ShaneWarne

I didn't do it during the Black Plague, and I'm not doing it now.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Agreed, stop going to a golf forum to source Corona information and go to a professional who is on top of things...….https://mobile.twitter.com/ShaneWarne
    Twitter seems to have become the home of the Pandemic experts and gutless Snipers. I happened to follow a link yesterday to a Doctor's tweet, only to see added snide, unhelpful comments from has beens the likes of Wayne Swan and Tony Windsor. Constructive criticism and questioning is absolutely necessary but these clowns and their ilk show that they never left the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Constructive criticism and questioning is absolutely necessary but these clowns and their ilk show that they never left the gutter.
    and none of those people are going to be jobless or broke.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information