Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Default Macarthur Grange 14th May

Hi all

Who is in for a game at Macarthur Grange on the 14th May? I should be able to get as many spots as reqd teeing off around 8am.

Cost $39 cart included

Event is 2b Par & Individual Par event - White plates

1st prize - teams; $30 voucher each player
    - Individual; $50 Voucher (will confirm this)

Ball run down to about =4th - single ball

2 NTP prizes & 1 Longest drive - 2 Balls each prize

If I know numbers by this saturday I will book the slots then, the later it is left the less chance of 2 or more slots together.

1. Grunt
    2. Glenn (grant's mate)
    3. Jono
    4. ALD
    5. Fishie?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I'm keen to have another crack at your home course. Get Trung so we can get free carts again ...

1. Grunt
    2. Jono
    3. ALD
    4. Fishie?

Blog Entries

Sorry Jono

That is just not going to happen. By the way I will have a mate with me too.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Blog Entries

See 1st post edited details

Jono - off the white plates will be a different course to that we played in the Precept on good Friday. Precept Challenge the course is supposed to be set up in it's most difficult config.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Grunt,

How long do you reckon it would take from Blacktown ?? I think I gotta be home by 1pm that day....

Pete

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

sorry boys... I'm away this coming weekend (played at N.B last weekend). I haven't play my home course for a few weeks.

Back to the old fav. Carnarvon with a few mates from the club.

Blog Entries

Probably about 30-40 min Pete.

is about 30 min from Eastern Creek I think, straight down Cowpasture Road, then Camden Valley way, Left at Raby Road past Camden Lakeside & you can't miss it
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Member Teaching Pro

Hope you can make it Fishy as I would like to addvance by winning not by default.

Stephen

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I'm a question mark until minister of war and finance tells me when we are off to see the outlaws

1. Grunt
    2. Glenn (grant's mate)
    3. Jono
    4. ALD
    5. Fishie?
    6. Virgal (pencil)
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I'm now solid for the game. Everything confirmed and looking forward to it especially since I don't have to do any walking.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Blog Entries

2 tee times booked

7:40 & 7:48

Will need names, clubs & Handicaps early next week.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

After pushing for a Saturday game, it looks like Fishie is going to forfeit ...

I hope this Ozgolf day still goes ahead despite Fishie's absence ... ALD, here's a chance for you to get some albatrosses on the short par 5's ...

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I can play, and I think I will, just to watch Grunt's latest cart adventure.

1. Grunt
    2. Glenn (grant's mate)
    3. Jono
    4. ALD
    5. Fishie?
    6. Virgal (now confirmed?)
    7. Jimandr

Will PM details to Grunt after I play on Sunday.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    After pushing for a Saturday game, it looks like Fishie is going to forfeit ...  

I hope this Ozgolf day still goes ahead despite Fishie's absence ... ALD, here's a chance for you to get some albatrosses on the short par 5's ...    
    Jono,

http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2055

Member Teaching Pro

Grunt,
    Here is my club and H'cap

Liverpool and H'cap is 5.

Stephen

Blog Entries

Hi all

We still have a few spots, if anyone wants to join in. 2 possibly 3 at the moment.

1. Grunt
    2. Glenn (grant's mate)
    3. Jono
    4. ALD
    5. Virgal
    6. Jimandr

After playing last saturday, I must say the greens have come back well from the coring about 4 weeks ago and should be in pretty good condition this weekend.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Blog Entries

2 more ozgolfers needed or we will either play with 2 groups of 3 with swingers for the team events or one group of 2 will play with another 2 Mac grange members.

Will be easier to have 4 teams for the day.

Also do any of you have preferences of who you are paired with, or can I just pick it.

I am going to play with my mate Glenn as were runners up last time we played in a 2B event.

If I don't hear from anyone by Friday morning, I will do a draw out of a hat, if that is ok.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Member Teaching Pro

anyone up for a practice match play game

Quote Originally Posted by Aussielongdriver
    anyone up for a practice match play game
    I'm up for it ... No long drive holes ... Unless it's your 5 iron vs my driver ...

I was prepared to give Jono a challenge after I saw the CCR for Bayview (and Jono's name in the paper ). No more start for you

But ALD got in first

It looks like we won't get any more players at this late stage. If we can play in three's I think we should, but if there are locals itching for a game I'd suggest Grunt and his mate play with the locals, and the visitors play in a four.

I should get there about 7.20
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Blog Entries

OK All

Here is the draw, I know jono & ALD wanted to play together but after having to form 2 groups of 3 the following came out

7:40
    1. Jono
    2. Virgal
    3. Jimandr

7:48
    1. Grant
    2. Glenn
    3. ALD

Seeing as ALD & Jimandr are both off 5 it worked out that they would be both swingers in the comp. Hope it has not upset anyone, but due to lack of numbers it had to happen.

To all involved, I hope you all have a great day.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    OK All

Here is the draw, I know jono & ALD wanted to play together but after having to form 2 groups of 3 the following came out

1. Jono
    2. Virgal
    3. Jimandr

1. Grant
    2. Glenn
    3. ALD

Seeing as ALD & Jimandr are both off 5 it worked out that they would be both swingers in the comp. Hope it has not upset anyone, but due to lack of numbers it had to happen.

No worries, Grant. It looks like it may be wet tomorrow ... hopefully not TOO wet.

Jim, you still keen for practise matchplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    OK All

1. Jono
    2. Virgal
    3. Jimandr

1. Grant
    2. Glenn
    3. ALD

No worries, Grant.  It looks like it may be wet tomorrow ... hopefully not TOO wet.  

Jim, you still keen for practise matchplay?  
    Will I get any practice Even though you have somehow conned the handicapper into keeping you on 8, I reckon you may have peaked too soon. Does a lunchtime bowl of potato wedges sound like a fair wager

Blog Entries

Well I think a good morning was had by all.

We teed off in 2 groups of 3 as per the list.

Results

1st Grunt +2
    2nd ALD -1
    3rd Jimandr -1
    4th Virgal -2
    5th Jono -5

Don't be surprised that I won, I am My mate Glenn showed us all how to play with +5.

ALD monstered the ball all day, on the 9th his driver decided to shed the weights off the bottom of the club. Also he was hitting utility club further than I could hit driver.

Thanks guys for a great day.

Anytime you want to do it again don't hesitate to ask.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Grunt's economical review doesn't tell the full story of the day, but he did promise to leave us some room to flesh out the details.

A few will be interested in the Jono v Jimandr matchplay challenge. I could say quite a lot about how much fun it is to beat Jono, but it seems half the NSW players already know this :P .

3&2 in my favour, after a poor start by both of us, then I came good to open up a 4 hole lead by the ninth. From there we played close golf, but the gap was too big for me to throw away the game . The bowl of potato wedges was very nice

If there was a turning point it was the 8th, the only hole I gave him a stroke on. He had a difficult chip, which he played very well to about 4 feet. I had a reasonably easy bunker shot, which I played well to 3 feet. Jono drilled his four footer so far past it was still his putt, which he missed. I holed mine to win a hole I could have lost.

Other major highlight (for us, not for Jono) was on the 7th. He made sure we were aware he had changed his ball 'for luck', which was a mystery as he was on a two hole par streak. His luck was so good he hit his drive about 60m, only just past the ladies tee, hacked his second, took two more to get to the green, then duffed two chips. I will never change my ball 'for luck' after seeing this, and I don't think Jono will either

Apart from that adventure Jono was short of his best form, although he hit a few great shots, including a shot to 130cm on the nearest the pin hole. Controversially, an idiot before us had put 1100mm on the NTP sheet, so we didn't know whether he'd mixed up his millimetres and centimetres or not.

VirgalTracy played OK, and might have had a good round apart from big putting problems early, then some lost golf balls in places where we should have found them.

Thanks for the game guys

Thread Information