Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Default Gold Coast membership options

If you were coming from Melbourne and used to paying top dollar for your membership here, and moved to the Gold Coast and wanted to join the best club (not necessarily the best course) where would you go and how much would it cost roughly?

Thanks, Jack.
    Last edited by Webster; 19th July 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Hard to tell what you really want Jack? The high profile private courses around here, are really elitist, like Grand, SC, Hope, Too many 'new money' people in this part of the world, peroxide, porsche and a silicon tits trophy wives. They just have their little groups and don't mingle, you would hate it.

Consider Surfers Paradise, great club, atmosphere and blokes. Burleigh and Southport are a bit too snobby for my liking. Try the latter if you like hanging around old lawyers and doctors. All three you are looking at circa $2000 noms, and $1000 pa.

Oh Coolangatta Tweed of course, if its not out of the way, I don't think they have a noms, less than $1000 pa
    I know there is a fairly good camaraderie down there as well.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Thanks Blakey. This is not for me, but a mate who is possibly moving north next year.

If he has a low handicap, loves a beer and hanging around ratbags, there is probably another couple of courses to mention. But my guess if he is your mate he is more the suit and tie kind of fellow.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Cooly-Tweed, where dicky is
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

goughy

I would listen to, and take note of which course Australia's premier up and coming young golf course arkitek is a member of!!!

I forgot to mention Arundel, its under $2k per annum and might be a nice place now that they have changed ownership and the arsehole that ran the place for the last 20 years, treating the members poorly, is gone.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information