Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default WA Pennant Season

Thought I would start a post about the 2010 pennant season in WA, as i know there are a few Ozgolfers playing this year.
    I am playing for Melville Glades and we struggled to put a team together which surprises me as we are playing in Division 1.
    We have 2 players over the age of 23 and most are about 17.
    So to start off with;

Division 1,
    Mt Lawley Vs Melville Glades...........9/0 wasn't a good start for us this year, Mt Lawley's team was composed of 3 one cappers, 2 scratchies, +1, 2 +2's and a +3. Our number nine plays off 6? I still think we put in a strong performance playing away as four of the matches were decided on or after the eighteenth and the rest were 2 and 1 or there abouts.

Gosnells Vs Joondallup..............4/5 I think Joondallup will not be beaten this year.

Any more scores from other divisions?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Hartfield defeated Lake Karrinyup 6-3 at Hartifeld in division 2.

I won my match 3 and 1.

Our #9 plays off 7, but he couldn't make it this week so we had a 5 capper from Div 4 take his place. (Strange with the handicaps?)

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

What division is Yoss playing?
    Forum needs more banter.

Junior girls. He can outdrive a lot of them, but they own him on the greens.

Is Matt Ledger playing for Mt Lawley?
    Forum needs more banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Our #9 plays off 7, but he couldn't make it this week so we had a 5 capper from Div 4 take his place. (Strange with the handicaps?)
    I played Div 4 last year with my current handicap (14) and lost one match all season. In 6 years of Div 4, I have lost 8 matches.

Love Pennants as handicaps don't factor into it all that much.

Playing Div 7 this year for The Vines and won 5/4 yesterday against Sun City. I was 7 up at the turn and felt really bad for my opponent and slacked off for the next 4 holes which he won. I don't play the back 9 at the Vines well and pulled my head back in and made sure I won.

Next week is LKCC at LKCC.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Is Matt Ledger playing for Mt Lawley?
    Sure is...he is some player, as is Shaun Malone, who beat Matt in the Club Champs. Malone also missed out at Tour School by 1 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    Sure is...he is some player, as is Shaun Malone, who beat Matt in the Club Champs. Malone also missed out at Tour School by 1 shot.

And Axle, who has been playing off +2 or 3 for about three years.

BTW, Matt Jager missed the cut at the weekend
    Last edited by hocko; 21st June 2010 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    Kindred spirit Ledge. Fellow fat left-hander. Roomed with him on an ACT team trip once.
    Forum needs more banter.

Blog Entries

I play in divi 1 for freo public

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I play in divi 10 for freo public
    Fixed...

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Hartfield defeated Lake Karrinyup 6-3 at Hartifeld in division 2.

I won my match 3 and 1.

Division 4 had a three and a half to three and a half result at Kwinana.
    I equalled my worst result ever and lost 5 and 3. I only won two holes all day. My opponent had a double and a bogie and parred all the rest of the holes for 3 over. I didn't

Division 5 also played at Kwinana and went down 6 to 1.
    Kwinana are very strong at home in Div 5 so this may not be an indication of the Hartfield team.

JC, your 7 handicapper couldn't make it because he was dropped to Division 4. He should never have been in the A's in the first place. He was like a bear with sore head all day. whinging and carrying on.
    The method used to choose him for division 2 was ridiculous and unrelated to golfing ability. Of the players on the bubble, he just had the least rounds where he had 10 over his handicap in the last 6 months or so.

I was going to say something about our 7 capper, but didn't.

That methodolgy that was first employed was a terrible way to choose a side. If I have a round that is not going to factor into my handicap, I will hit driver all day, go for insane shots, drink a lot of beer, etc.. It is not a real reflection of any playing ability.

I would have loved to have heard the controversy about the dropping, from a distance. I am determined to stay away from all club politics at the new club. I'm going to show up, golf, have a few beers, smile and ignore Nuffie and go home.

Kwinana is going to be very tough. My mate, who is a gun golfer, plays off 1 and plays about #7 or #8 for them. They took down Sun Cun 6-3 at Sun City yesterday. I might give him a call to hear where exactly he played, etc..

If I have a round that is not going to factor into my handicap, I will hit driver all day, go for insane shots, drink a lot of beer, etc.. It is not a real reflection of any playing ability.

Kwinana is going to be very tough. My mate, who is a gun golfer, plays off 1 and plays about #7 or #8 for them. They took down Sun Cun 6-3 at Sun City yesterday. I might give him a call to hear where exactly he played, etc..
    Yep. We all agreed that it was a stupid way to decide.

Kwinana ARE TOUGH. They have a very strong home course advantage and some very good golfers. I think one is/was in the state team.

I just had a good chat with my mate. He said that he told them he was playing well, so they bumped him to 4th. He won 5&4 at Sun City and was even when the match ended. Their 7&8 guys are playing off 1 and 2. The guy off 1 is slightly injured and 2 isn't in form. They have a few guys off 3 on the team.

My mate would love to play Grant as he knows him and his game. Hopefully, we can avoid that match up.

I think that Kwinana will be the only roadblock to making it back into Division 1 this year. For some reason they don't always play well at Hartfield.

Good. We'll take 'em out!

Yep...get Nuffie on the bag for that one JC !!!

His local knowledge of Hartfield, and his consummate communication skills, will give you all the information you need AND a massive advantage over the visitors...

Update from Sunday:
    Division 2:

Hartfield 2 Kwinana 7 at Kwinana

Johnny Canuck wins 4&3, starting the day in style, defeating his opponents birdie with an eagle.

Had a couple vintage Canuck holes late in the match.

Hole 12, uphill par 5: 150m hybrid off the tee, left into the trees. 5 iron hooked around and under trees back to the fairway. 9 iron, bomb of a putt on the severely sloped green, after my opponent dropped a bomb for par.
    Hole 14, uphill par 3. Missed the green 30m left. Flop shot off a downslope over a dead tree. 25 foot bender for par. If I skulled the flop shot, it would have travelled 200m+ as I was almost at the highest point on the course. By this point my opponent was just shaking his head.

Division 4:
    Won 7-0 at home vs. Pinjarra.

Veefore won 5&4.

Sorry about the orange text. I wrote the blurb in outlook and copied and pasted. I then needed to change the colour to something that would show up with the lights on and off.

Senior Member Major Winner

good work JC - you truly are one lucky son of a b!tch.

your opponent would still be shaking his head today watching some of the stuff you have just described here.

bad luck on the team score though mate. Kwinana must be a pretty strong team yeah?

Hartfield Divisions 5, 7 and 9 were also winners.

In division 4 Kwinana lost at Gosnells.
    This puts Gosnells on top of the leaderboard and Hartfield second.

I knew I was in for an interesting day when I did my best Tiger Woods and launched my first tee shot high and right deep into the bush. I punch sliced a 3 iron on to the front of the green and just missed my birdie for a gimme par. I was 4 up after 7 holes and then the up and downs dried up for a while until a JC style bunker shot on the 14th that gave me the hole and the win without having to putt.

Congrats JC and all the Hartfield players who won.

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    good work JC - you truly are one lucky son of a b!tch.

your opponent would still be shaking his head today watching some of the stuff you have just described here.

bad luck on the team score though mate. Kwinana must be a pretty strong team yeah?
    My mate from the Kwinana squad told him before the match, "be ready for him to halve and win some holes that he has no business being in". I think it held true.

I managed to halve the 9th with a bogey 6 after hitting a tree with my tee shot, another tree with my 2nd when trying to get out of the left rough and at least two trees with my 3rd trying to get out of the left rough. I then hit an 8 iron about 155m (my longest shot on the hole) into a back bunker and almost conceded the hole until my opponent left himself a long downhill putt. I knocked a 35m bunker shot to a foot and a half and smiled as he 3 jacked. Ugliest bogey halve ever.

How many bloody divisions do you guys have over there? Does everyone get a game?
    Forum needs more banter.

Divi 2 is our top division. If we can have a good season, we can get back to divi 1 and a team from 1 gets relegated to 2.

4 is the "second" team for all squads.

Divi 5 was created to give Nuffie a game. 5 and above play off handicaps.
    Last edited by Johnny Canuck; 28th June 2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Clarification by the Sneadinator

Thread Information