Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Yes...yes it is!!!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    I'm having rissotto tonight. One of my fave recipes (or signature dishes)Portobello mushrooms (and some dried porcini as well)Shallots (NOT spring onions, proper shallots!)LeeksFresh asparagusGoats cheese (soft curd)ParmesanRoast chicken (optional)Chicken stock (or Vegetable if not using chicken)Cut the 'woody' ends off the asparagus and put in the stock. Fry the finely diced shallots, a little garlic (maybe 1/2 clove), finely diced white end of the leeks, the central part of the asparagus stalks and all the mushrooms in butter. Season. Add some white wine to deglaze, and cook until almost gone. Remove from pan. Fry the green end of the leeks in a separate frypan. Put aside with the uncooked asparagus tips. Add the arborio rice and fry until translucent, gently adding boiling stock a little at a time and allowing each amount to absorb. About halfway through, add the cooked mushroom/leek/asparagus mix back into the pan. Break in some cooked chicken and add some of the the fried leek and asparagus tips. Continue to add the stock until complete, and make sure the risotto is still quite moist. Stir through the goats curd and parmesan. Serve immediately, top with shaved parmesan (and for extra indulgence some crisp proscuitto), a cherry tomato and any of the remaining fried leek.Have with a nice oaked Chardonnay or perhaps a matured Reisling!!!
    I didn't realise the Tony Ferguson shake line has come so far.

I'm having one REAL meal a day!!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

That risotto sounds amazing!!! When do you want me to come over for dinner?? I'll bring the plonk!!
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

That risotto sounds amazing!!! When do you want me to come over for dinner?? I'll bring the plonk!!

My favourite dish at the moment is Vietnamese Chicken thighs in a sauce/marinade of fish sauce, lime juice, garlic,ginger, chillies and palm sugar - dash of sesame oil and splash of soy. Just keep adding and tasting till the flavour suits you but go more torwards to sweet end of the scale. Brown sliced onions and chicken thighs( which has been in marinade for a wee while) until well caramalised - pour over marinade, extra palm sugar and chicken stock. Simmer until it sauce all reduces down to a lovely sticky consistency - the extra palm sugar helps to produce this.
    Serve with rice noodles tossed with chilli, fresh corriander and peanuts.

It is pure bliss.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Yep.

I'd go that.

Quote Originally Posted by TourFit View Post
    Yep.I'd go that.
    Flowergirl and Cosmo?

Settle...

Heheheh.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

This week I cooked up a Chorizo, Mushroom and Tomato pasta sauce over some Spag. Inspiration was an item off the specials board at the local Italian on Friday night. It went over very well with some crusty bread and a glass of wine. Though I forgot to include some bacon in recipe, which I will definitely include next time.

I am somewhat freestyle and don't closely follow recipes. With any of the types of dishes I tend to start with chopped Onion, Garlic and Chili to taste in the pan. Add the Chorizo (lots of) and get some Chorizo oil out flowing into the flavours. Cook till brown is the aim, adding diced bacon and your preferred spices, in my case some dill and paprika and lots of Spinach Rocket. I then added some white wine to glaze, and finished with some sundried tomato and cherry toms sliced in half half. Add the sliced mushies and a final season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over freshly cooked Spag, a bit of chopped Basil over the top and some shaved Parmesan on the table.

I'm not one to do much cooking, but I do enjoy eating!

Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Knocked up an excellent honeyed pork stew last week. Got rid of some mince with BBQ meatballs yesty, they come out schmick.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I have been looking around for a gas Pizza Oven for while. I was in Aldi earlier in the week and spotted a couple left over from a recent special buy. I couldn't argue with the clearance price, so grabbed one and got it home (after having to unpack it to get it in the car!).

It has 3 shelves and comes with a large rectangle stone, and we already had one. We have used it the last couple of nights and it is a rippa. I was a little worried it might not get hot enough, having skimmed a few forums for info. But if anything it is quite the opposite, it gets too hot on the bottom shelf which is right on top of the burner ring. And if you believe the built in Thermometer, it will easily get up over 250c and more. Around 210/220 seems to be the right temp for pizza, and they come out thin and crispy. I have been using Mission Pizza Bases, but now have the right ingredients to make my own dough.

I have plans for uses other than pizzas. I am going to grab some smoking chips and use the chamber for smoking some fish etc. I reckon it will also be perfect for Roasts, Pasta bakes etc. and I am also hopeful of using it to slow cook meat etc.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

I have been using an electric pizza maker with a stone base and it works a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I have been using Mission Pizza Bases, but now have the right ingredients to make my own dough.
    I often make my own Pizzas. I have tried various recipes for making my own dough, but none were what I was looking for. The ones I use now are a brand called Toscana (find them at Woolies or Coles).

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    I often make my own Pizzas. I have tried various recipes for making my own dough, but none were what I was looking for. The ones I use now are a brand called Toscana (find them at Woolies or Coles).
    I am told you need to use a specific flour for Pizza bases. I have some Lighthouse brand Bread and Pizza Flour, and some dry yeast. I will let you know how they go. I picked up some Toscana bases on special at IGA yesterday, plus a pack of larger Bazaar Gourmet bases. Now to work on some topping selections. I am working on less is more, if you use fresh herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I am told you need to use a specific flour for Pizza bases. I have some Lighthouse brand Bread and Pizza Flour, and some dry yeast. I will let you know how they go. I picked up some Toscana bases on special at IGA yesterday, plus a pack of larger Bazaar Gourmet bases. Now to work on some topping selections. I am working on less is more, if you use fresh herbs.
    You're right about the flour. The low/ no yeast stuff (unleavened) works best for thin bases. Avoid the Gluten-free Toscana bases... they go a bit rubbery rather than crispy. I haven't tried the wholemeal ones yet.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to pizzas, so I agree with the 'less is more' theory, and that's exactly how they do it in Italy. You won't find any deep-dish super supreme pizzas with cheesy crust over there. I observed closely how they made the pizzas and what ingredients they used. My favourite is what the Italians call 'Diavola' (Devil), and is similar to what we call Pepperoni here. I now use proper Passata instead of any tomato-base loaded with seasoning. I find Sopressa to be one of the best-tasting salamis. Fresh Oregano is a must. I like the dried Oregano, but straight out of the garden works too. Another trick is to drizzle a teaspoon or so of olive oil over the pizza as soon as it comes out of the oven.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Do you make the passata or buy it?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Either. I got some from Golden Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    I buy it.

Senior Member Major Winner

After a hiatus of around 2yrs making Carbonara at home due to a number of very poor attempts that put me off I've started making it again.
    It was being stuffed up by adding cream.
    I've gone back to basics by not adding any cream at all. If the Minister wants cream she can add her own to her bowl.
    Just need to tweak the Parmesan ratio now and use a mixture of Pecorino/Parmesan rather than just straight Parmesan
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I have always enjoyed cooking, time and talent always the reason I stayed away. I always made my own Pasta and Sauces etc, steaks and others but usually stayed away from Deserts and Baking.

Well with junior appearing I spent a week at home and while Mum and Bub where asleep I started trying some stuff.

Muffins....apparently I inherited the family genes on this one. Apple and Walnut where amazing and my Strawberry ones where awesome but my savoury Bacon, Mushroom and Cheese muffins where AWESOME. They topped my Sun Ripened Tomato and Almond ones.

I found out Cheesecakes are dead easy and using left over Lemons to make my first baked Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd was AWESOME. Big ass Toblerone in the fridge will be targeted this week sometime I reckon. Packet of Tim Tams in the cupboard are screaming out to be used as the base for that one.

I also cooked some Salmon with a basic Lemon, Butter and Garlic sauce with some mustard thrown in for good measure.

So good news...I found out I can cook a few things and I enjoy it...bad news is I am expected to do more of this and I have put on weight because of it......I thought Brown Sugar was good for you

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Slothman View Post
    I have always enjoyed cooking, time and talent always the reason I stayed away. I always made my own Pasta and Sauces etc, steaks and others but usually stayed away from Deserts and Baking.

Well with junior appearing I spent a week at home and while Mum and Bub where asleep I started trying some stuff.

Muffins....apparently I inherited the family genes on this one. Apple and Walnut where amazing and my Strawberry ones where awesome but my savoury Bacon, Mushroom and Cheese muffins where AWESOME. They topped my Sun Ripened Tomato and Almond ones.

I found out Cheesecakes are dead easy and using left over Lemons to make my first baked Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd was AWESOME. Big ass Toblerone in the fridge will be targeted this week sometime I reckon. Packet of Tim Tams in the cupboard are screaming out to be used as the base for that one.

I also cooked some Salmon with a basic Lemon, Butter and Garlic sauce with some mustard thrown in for good measure.

So good news...I found out I can cook a few things and I enjoy it...bad news is I am expected to do more of this and I have put on weight because of it......I thought Brown Sugar was good for you
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Hahahaha
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*