Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 650 AUD (65%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Can any Brisbane Golfers suggest a good teaching pro.

I went to one pro and wanted to basically wanted to start from scratch. I said I play off 15 and he said you must start new basically. I just want someone that will listen to me and advise.Not just someone wanting 20 lessons just on the take away.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Who was the pro?
    Forum needs more banter.

Banned

Where you located at mate?

The pro was at the Big Easy golf centre I think was last name Smith. Live in Woody Point but will travel dont care need to get it fixed.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Geoff Smith I think.

I see Chris Chaplin who is very good. Based at Keperra but does Wednesday arvo at the Big Easy as well.
    Forum needs more banter.

Thanks SMS316 will try him out thanks for the name

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I was going to suggest Geoff Smith he has been good for me and others on this forum.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

HIHS: clearly the guy you have seen already is not a good coach, in that it seems he didn't find out from you what you are looking for.
    But are you sure that you know what you are looking for from a lesson?

Are you looking for a quick fix, do you want long term improvement, are you going to practice, are you going to practice a lot?

These are the kinds of questions any potential coach should be asking, and many more. And then he develops a coaching program for you, whether that be one lesson or 20.

Gary Calder is such a coach, has a good reputation, and was or still is Qld girls coach, and has several coach of the year awards. You can find him at Indooroopilly golf club or through his business name Golf Club Innovations
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thanks for the feed back all, I will take all info on board.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'd suggest that if Geoff Smith (the guy you saw) wanted to start from scratch then there must be some awful things going on in your swing.

He has given both Pete and I lessons and we have both benefited. Pete has a huge overswing, and Geoff didn't even try to change that because Pete's swing is all about tempo. If he doesn't have the overswing he doesn't get back to where he should be at impact. He also hasn't tried to change my swing either.

Yes I see he is a good teacher but like I said I just want someone that will listen as well. I just dont see how 5 lessons just on a take away will want me to keep going. then it will be 5 lessons on top of swing and so forth then I havent done a full swing and have done 20 lessons. Well he tried to change me completely. So maybe I will ask a few questions and give another go with him.

Thread Information