Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default Effect of adjusting lies upright on club length

I reckon I need my Mizuno's bent more upright as masking tape tells me I hit the ground with the toe even when I am striking the ball at my best. I have toyed with the idea of going longer rather than adjusting the lies but I figure it will just lessen my accuracy with my irons (and I don't need that). As I am putting some new KBS in and haven't cut them to length yet I pose the question should err on leaving them 0.25 or 0.5" longer than standard if the lies are bent upright in future?

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Play the length you measure up for (wrist to floor)...and then bend the irons to correct lie angle!! IMO, lie angle is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT specification in irons...and they're Mizuno so should be easy to bend.

You CAN play them longer, but as you say it 'may' affect overall accuracy and ballstriking, so why take that chance. Using length to adjust lie angles is kind of putting the horse before the cart. And most importantly understand the principle of length vs lie. (EG: If you play std length clubs at std lies...and then increase length by 1/2" then you need to flatten the lie by 2* to end up at std lies for the new length !!!!)

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Point taken TF. I currently play standard length but I definitely need more upright lie than standard.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

You could leave the lie angles and play longer (thus making them more upright)...but as I mentioned before you are potentially creating a bigger problem, rather than dealing with what is essentially a simple, but critical, task. Any decent clubmaker will tell you the same thing.

Thread Information