Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Wow, 5-4 KC in 14 innings

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Can't wait to see DeGrom pitch as well. Boy that kid can throw. Just wish he'd cut his bloody hair!
    You'll be overjoyed by tomorrow's matchup, then. His opponent is Johnny Cueto, who hasn't cut his dreadlocked hair for 7 years.

The big benefit of my golf being rained out is that I got to see most of today's game live. It just would not have been the same watching the replay.

Great game.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Banned

Yeah I saw some of it then turned it off to do some work then came back a couple of hours later and it was still going! Amazing! What a great start to the series.

Yeah I think I saw that long haired Royals lout pitching a week or so ago in the ALCS. Should be another cracker tomorrow. Looking forward to watching some of it.

Stolen base by Cain ends up scoring.....Royals running game will test the Metropolitans

Banned

And their bull pen looks outstanding. I think if the starters struggle on both sides the Royals will have an edge.

impressed with the Mets hitting, go deeper than I thought, tough strike zone, nothing inside and down, hitters be licking their lips

anyone else also see that KC's starting pitcher's father died yesterday, the day he's slated to pitch game 1 of the WS, did a great job considering, wow that would be tough

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    anyone else also see that KC's starting pitcher's father died yesterday, the day he's slated to pitch game 1 of the WS, did a great job considering, wow that would be tough
    They didn't tell him until after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    They didn't tell him until after the game.
    just read that

Big win by KC today.

Everything went right for them today, including the complete game by Cueto.

Teams have come back from a two game deficit before, so they aren't home yet, but it is a very good start.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

I have been to the Baseball in Atlanta. Saw a 3 game series between the Braves and the Diamondbacks at Ted Turner Field. Was unbelievable and we had a blast. Off the next week to the US open tennis was good as well. All this after the US PGA at Atlanta Athletic club. That was a top 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    I have been to the Baseball in Atlanta. Saw a 3 game series between the Braves and the Diamondbacks at Ted Turner Field. Was unbelievable and we had a blast. Off the next week to the US open tennis was good as well. All this after the US PGA at Atlanta Athletic club. That was a top 4 weeks.
    with really cheap beer!!!!

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Big win by KC today.

Everything went right for them today, including the complete game by Cueto.

Teams have come back from a two game deficit before, so they aren't home yet, but it is a very good start.
    Didn't the commentators say during game 1 that 24 of the last 27 have been won by the winner of game 1?

Bit of a brag sheet but my youngest has hit a few long balls at Kauffman Stadium

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Saw the Yankees qualify for the Post Season last month by winning against Boston at Yankee Stadium - fantastic experience. Up there with Origin.

Game 1 was a belter, shame the Mets were so average yesterday.
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35”, LA Golf Soho)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMc View Post
    Saw the Yankees qualify for the Post Season last month by winning against Boston at Yankee Stadium - fantastic experience. Up there with Origin.

Game 1 was a belter, shame the Mets were so average yesterday.
    Cueto spun a gem yesterday.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Big win for the Mets today. Granderson was outstanding at bat and a huge effort by Syndergaard pitching. Looks like whoever can win away will win the series...
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35”, LA Golf Soho)

I thought KC were home when they led and it looked like Syndergaard was about to be taken out. But Ventura couldn't get his job done, and the momentum changed completely.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Game 4 winner will win the series. Matz is a good pitcher, but inexperienced, while Chris Young is a genuine no 4 starter, and he has already pitched (very well though) so he may not be properly rested. If KC can get to 3-1 they should be able to squeeze another win, but if the Mets will win well they may be unstoppable with their pitching.

So in the end the good guys won, and in the same style as their other games, by making a miracle comeback.

One of the reasons why I like Baseball is that it is so unpredictable, and this game (like a few of the others) had it all. I felt a bit sorry for Famiglia. Technically, he blew his third save to go down in history as the first pitcher ever to do that, but it was hardly his fault.

I would imagine the Mets will get another chance in the near future. Their pitching will be good for years, and with some money to spend they should be able to stay strong with the bat. I wouldn't be surprised if KC fall back a bit. Recent baseball history is full of teams who win a Series, lose some of their best players to free agency and they don't come back. But, you never know.

Just heard the World series has been decided.

Where did we come?
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post

Where did we come?
    You? Probably first

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post

Where did we come?
    Clearly you don't know that the USA is the centre of the universe. In any sport they play, their champion is the world champion.

If "we" is Australia, we did have a player on the Toronto Blue Jays, so we may have come equal third.

There is also a World Baseball Classic, which is a tournament between national teams, similar to State of Origin. "We" don't go too well.

Just in case the followers on here have overlooked it, the 2016 season starts tomorrow morning our time. 3 games on ESPN, all replayed later in the day.

Baseball is so hard to predict I won't even try to pick a winner. I'll just cheer for the teams I like, and hope that Boston, the Yankees and the Dodgers lose. But it is an even year, and one of the teams I like, the SF Giants, won in 10, 12 and 14. I almost guarantee that no baseball expert will mention this fact once during the season.

Go Twins!

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

A's. And Giants.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Thread Information