Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Default Iain vs Vegas (round 2)

Seeing as everyone else is starting threads to thrash out their availability, here's ours.

For me, Saturdays I usually play at my home track. But I can swap a home game for a hit somewhere else with a bit of notice. The last Sat of every month is monthly medal and that's locked in for me where possible.

I'm out Good Friday through til April 10th when I get back from Easter camping holidays.

17/18 April weekend might be worth pencilling in.

The weekend after that is Leon's game at City GC and I'm going to be staying up there afterwards with the family. The weekend after that is monthly medal.

As for venues, we're both south/west side of town, so no need to venture too far away. Carbrook, Oxley, Gailes, Windaroo, Pacific etc etc..

What's your schedule like Iain?

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Ok mate. Anyone want to take his spot?

golflink WITB

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

You should have landed on your head and saved your shoulder.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Congrats on the win tomorrow Vegas.

riiiight. thanks chop.

golflink WITB

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Kiss of death!!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Well, we played again and the result was...... ALL SQUARE again! Anyway, I give up and Iain can go on to the next round. I find it hard to get leave passes these days and Iain's got more chance of sorting out a game with the next opponent. Thanks again Iain, i enjoyed our matches! Good luck in the next round.

For anyone interested, here's how the match went down (as I saw it). 6 shots given on 4,6,8,10,12,16.

1. Both in the middle of the fairway off the tee. Both miss the green and are in similar spots for 3 with 40 foot par save putts. Vegas burns the edge first. Iain holes a monster to go one up.

2. Iain hits a poor tee shot and is a long way out forced to lay up, which he does safely. Vegas hits a reasonable approach but catches the overhanging branches and finishes in dry hazard. Vegas flums first chip shot from a shocking lie. Vegas chips again to a few feet. Iain gets on in 3 and 2-putts for par. Vegas makes bogey for the half and stays 1 down.

3. Both in the middle in good position off the tee. Iain pulls it long over the green into the bush. He shanks his next into the trap and then sails the green with his 4th. Iain picks up before reaching green. Vegas hits the green in reg and 2 putts for par and the win. All square.

4. Both in the middle off the tee. Vegas bunts 3 wood up the fairway to be 130 out. Iain smashes hybrid to about 80m out. Vegas put his approach shot in the trap, short right. Iain flums his chip short of the green and then hits his 4th to about 15 feet. Vegas hits his bunker shot 4th to about 10 feet. Iain 3-putts for 7. Vegas lips out for the par save, but makes 6 for the half with Iain's shot. All square.

5. Vegas hits the green, 20 feet from the pin. Iain pushes it right into the bunker. Iain gets out of the bunker but goes long over the green to the fringe. Iain holes his long putt from off the green for 3. Vegas burns the edge with his first putt and taps in for par and the half. All suare still.

6. Vegas finds the fairway off the tee. Iain pulls his tee shot left of the path and finds it in a tricky lie in the rough. Iain chips out and goes through to rough on the other side of the fairway. Iain still away and pulls his approach shot left of the green into the mulched bush area. Vegas hits his 2nd shot to about 10 feet. Iain comes up short of the green with his 4th shot and then 2 putts for 6. Vegas makes the birdie putt to go one up.

7. Both Iain and Vegas find the bunker short right. Both hit reasonable bunker shots. Neither saves par and the hole is halved in bogeys.

8. Both in the middle off the tee. Both hit poor second shots but are short irons from the green for 3. Vegas hits his approach into the short right trap. Iain misses the green too. Neither save par and Iain wins the hole with bogey and a shot. Back to All square.

9. Iain hits a solid hybrid off the tee. Vegas hits a skunty driver and finishes in a similar spot. Vegas hits the green with a 7 iron approach to be 20 feet. Iain hits a very nice approach to be 15 feet. Vegas misses the birdie putt. Iain drains his birdie putt to make the turn at 1 up.

10. Iain hits a solid hybrid off the tee to be in the fairway. Vegas pulls his driver into the bush left. Vegas chips out and then misses the green with his 3rd. Iain misses the green with his second shot. Iain is closer to the hole for one less shot and wins with a 5. Iain 2 up.

11. Neither hits the fairway. Iain pulls it left, Vegas blocks it right. Both reload. Iain doesn't find his first and plays his provisional. Vegas finds his in the bush and chips back to the fairway. Vegas then catches overhanging branches on his 3rd shot and eventually gets onto the green for 4. Iain finds the green with a scratchy 4th shot and then the hole is halved in double bogeys. Iain remains 2 up.

12. Iain finds the fairway with hybrid. Vegas hits a solid drive up the fairway too. Iain hits the middle of the green with his approach. Vegas hits the green with his wedge and is a bit closer. Iain hits his first putt long past the hole and misses a rushed 2nd putt to make 5. Vegas 2 putts for par and a half with Iain's shot. Iain remains 2 up.

13. Both players find the middle with 3 irons. Both lay up to 100 out with irons. Iain misses the green right. Vegas hits it close with wedge. Vegas makes the birdie to win the hole. Iain is 1 up.

14. Both players hit the green and 2 putt for par. Hole is halved. Iain is 1 up.

15. Both players hit good tee shots to be in the middle 140 out or so. Vegas hits the green about 20 feet short of the flag with 7 iron. Iain hits a nice high draw 7 iron that keeps on drawing to finish long left of the green in the mulch. Iain makes 5. Vegas 2 putts for par and the win to get back to all square.

16. Vegas hits first and is short on the fringe. Iain hits a nice tee shot and is 15 feet below the hole. Iain makes par with a shot. Vegas misses the birdie putt for the half and manages a pathetic 3 jag. Iain is 1 up again.

17. Iain tees off first and pulls it long left into the trees but it bounces off a tree back over the bunkers onto the fairway about 230m out. Vegas hits a nice drive up the middle to be about 200m out. Iain lays up to 100 out. Vegas hits a big sliding 5 wood onto the green to leave a 30 foot eagle putt. Iain hits his 3rd shot pin high just left of the green. Iain gets up and down for par. Vegas lags to about 3 feet and then misses the birdie putt. The 3 putt par halves the hole to remain 1 down going up the last.

18. Iain hits an uncharacteristic high fade up the middle. Vegas hits it a touch too far into the fairway trap. The trap is GUR thankfully. Iain hits a terrible iron shot, his worst of the day, into the trees short right. Vegas hits a nice approach to about 15 feet. Iain flums it next to the trap and eventually makes a 6. Vegas manages another 3 putt but the bogey is enough to win the hole. All square.

golflink WITB

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Thanks for the game Dion. Have enjoyed the games against you. Very entertaining matches.

For the record, I hit 3 greens...

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Thread Information