Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Martinez19696

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    I am off to read my 5 lessons again...

Just a little tid bit for us Hogan fans.

Ben Hogan was NEVER outside the top 10 for every major from 1940-1960. Never once outside the top 10 for 22 years !!!
    Now, that is a record and didn't know that. I'm going to get the little book out and read it again.

Have to look for a PDF so that I don't have to carry a hardcopy around - or scan it.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Get 2 copies of it.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by idgolfguy View Post
    It is the excessive or zealous belief in all things TGM is what I was referring to by the few that aren't prepared to have a lucid discussion.

I am TGM trained and still see the value in evaluating what other perspectives may offer.
    Elk, who as you may know is a GSED of TGM....told me that he is almost glad that he didn't win the '02 open.....which believe me he would love an Open championship....because he may never have gotten out of the 'Machine'. Now, that's not to say that he doesn't think it has any value...but he believes in seeing things from a myriad perspectives....just as you say.

Senior Member Major Winner

I would never normally do this... but those of you who have not read the absolute tirade of shit that came out of 2 or 3 of the lads at the other forum - it is well worth a read. With the exception of Guru and Brad, the soap boxing is just phenominal.

5 pages of abuse and self-backslapping which resulting in Martin eventually telling them to shove it... then it is all about how rude Martin was and how this forum is about teaching... it is a dead set corker. Even Ziggy, Brokar, ID and a few others got in on the action.

The only problem is that they all made up in the end...

One bloke posted an 8 paragraph TGM translation of the move... I am not sure they get the point.

It's a train wreck. Brain-dead zealotry of any kind makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Blog Entries

Phuck me!
    Are they for real?

I supergoaled Tapatalk.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

How was the backpeddle of the century?
    'i wouldnt have called you that if i knew you were australian' but then still ridiculed the teaching method.

yet he went to a clinic at long reef and saw his videos. How on earth could someone not tell Marty is Australian. absolutely pathetic.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

obviously had not even watched a single clip of Martin, pretty obvious australian voicE.
    Ping ANSER 10.5 - GD ADDI 6S | Ping G25 - 15 - GD ADDI 7S | Ping G25 - 20 - Nunchuk| Mizuno JPX825 PRO - PXI 6.0 | Mizuno MPT-11 - 52/56/60 | Taylormade Spider Blade

Yesterday: "I know everything there is to know about you; I've watched all of your videos and read all of your stuff... and therefore I can difinitively say you're shit!!!"
    Today: "Oh, I didn't know you were Australian. You're awesome."

Blog Entries

Does being an Aussie mean that you can teach golf or are just more likely to engage in some sort of legal action?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Martin

Had a lesson from Gary Calder at Indro last year and found him to be a great communicator and it worked for me. After watching your vid I can actually see a lot of what Gaz was having me do to stop me going over the top in it. Not so much teh half moon but the setting the ball 18" back in the swing then picking it up into position and then just releasing it back through.

An extremely effective move and amazing how as per the vid a couple of pages back you can get the club back in position at impact with so much power.
    No idea about TGM or anything else but what I have watched of yours is pretty easy for me to digest.
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    ..Even Ziggy, Brokar, ID and a few others got in on the action.

The only problem is that they all made up in the end...
    I didn't know I had posted in that thread.

Damn shame about the making up... I was looking forward to some Internet cage fighting between Martin and sundry. Is there going o be make-up sex now?

Quote Originally Posted by martinez; somewhere else
    Best students I have had as far as picking it up super quick is Baseballers. Both hitters and pitchers see parallels.
    Remember my yank mate Grant I told you about - he has an incredible knowledge about all things golf. He basically affirms what you are saying there almost to a T. We definitely got to get you two to meet up one day.

Well I was describing your move to him, and he said thats just like baseball pitching, and he added that in USA, because all the kids play baseball, they pick up golf so easily later on because of those early concepts.

Perhaps we are crap at golf because we played cricket instead
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I was all set to never post there again....but I think it's turned out better than that...I don't see any winners in the way it was headed before

Blakey...believe me when I say I see a lot of cricket batting in it....but it's more of a stretch to explain that than the baseball

Wow...that place is poison....real glad my name is on that thread over there...LOL.

I think you have done enough now to frighten the crap out of them, am sure none expected you to pop in there. As you said, they all know where to find you.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martinez View Post
    Wow...that place is poison....real glad my name is on that thread over there...LOL.
    I tried to warn you

That is why some of us have moved.

Thing is, I'm a fan of TGM.....I just don't think it's the be all and end all...and I certainly don't appreciate some old **** telling me I'm a retard.....when frankly I probably know as much 'machine' as he does and I never cracked the book. I have a guy in my online program that is a long time disciple of Lynn Blake....Elk is a GSED....both of those guys have something missing in their knowledge that I have been able to fill. I don't know everything, but these guys that shut themselves off from something new will never be able to really help all the players they say they want to help.

I have seen all kinds of technology etc...that's meant to be useful to Golfers....imo, most of that is not applicable. The only thing that will make it truly applicable is for both teacher and student understand it 100%. 100% of tour players do not understand that info 100%...they are the best that this game has to offer. So..............

I like TGM and understand it, the book is poorly written for some not used to reading old school tech designs

If it was put into a web format wit inline links and pop up windows for reference, it would be much easier

Blog Entries

Capalaba Driving Range today? Anyone going?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Capalaba Driving Range today? Anyone going?
    Sorry Pete, I'm out today. Need to keep getting doors finished in the house for rello's.
    Next week?

I supergoaled Tapatalk.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Blog Entries

Maybe. Might suit me betterer as well.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Sydney conference . . . WHEN ?

As for the TGM lads... they are of the express opinion that you learn the mechanics and that in turn gives you feel. When you lose your feel - you then go back to your mechanics and re-learn your feel, be it with imitation, dowell drills, sticking shit in the way or whatever.

I have a problem with this and it is the same problem I have with most methods... I can fix myself with a video camera, a mirror and maybe a blonde to help out... but I cannot bring any of this on a golf course, which means to get good I have to practice a LOT !

I like Martin, Edwin, Cowan, Bann and those kind of guys as they give you something I can fix if it all goes to shit. Edwin's schimmy drill is sensational for the body, Martin's twirl is great for the release, Baan is great for controlling ball flight...

Here is the kicker... None of the above are mechanical - they are all "Feels", they are all using a similar motion to replicate mechanics.

TGM have pressure points, hinge actions, power accumulators and path lines... all are similar to the above feels... the only real difference is that they have a language for describing all the other parts of the swing.

But - it is all the same thing... so why can TGM people not get on with anyone else... short of Stack and Tilt advocates, they are the most frustrating group of golfer on the planet.

You just want to slap them.

Virge
    I'm going to Sydney Monday...meet with Andy for 3 days.

Thread Information