Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Martinez19696

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by martinez View Post
    I think how you set up has everything to do with good strokes....short or long game. The key is to know WHY you are setting up that way. GREAT players don't set up JUST to aim. They set up for the entirety of the motion they intend to make.....with the target in mind.
    Couldn't agree more.

My point is that the stroke is what is important - not where your body is facing. Trying to change the body to fix the stroke is really not the answer . . . fix the stroke and you will find your alignment normally will sort it self out.

Peter Cowan had a good phrase when he said that changing the grip to an orthodox grip is only a good thing if the swing mechanics are orthodox.
    Last edited by virge666; 2nd March 2011 at 02:55 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Most of my strokes lost on the round is due to bad alignment which results in a swing that is trying to compensate for that error. If I can just align myself correctly consistently, I'd be off singles.

Btw, I don't necessarily mean always square or parallel. It's being reactive to what my body is doing on the day at that point in time. It's almost a subconscious thing.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    My point is that the stroke is what is important - not where your body is facing.
    I didnt think that I even talked about where the body was facing though.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Cool!, Martin has just released a video download produced with Elk and Steve Maves.

http://www.mostpowerfulmoveingolf.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Cool!, Martin has just released a video download produced with Elk and Steve Maves.

Purchased

Quote Originally Posted by gazgolf1 View Post
    Purchased
    Downloading it as I posted.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

downloading now
    Ping ANSER 10.5 - GD ADDI 6S | Ping G25 - 15 - GD ADDI 7S | Ping G25 - 20 - Nunchuk| Mizuno JPX825 PRO - PXI 6.0 | Mizuno MPT-11 - 52/56/60 | Taylormade Spider Blade

Watching this, got a question for the guys that have had lessons and also the guys who went to the clinic, how have you found the takeaway, its the complete opposite to conventional with the turn in, how have you guys gone since making the changes>?
    Ping ANSER 10.5 - GD ADDI 6S | Ping G25 - 15 - GD ADDI 7S | Ping G25 - 20 - Nunchuk| Mizuno JPX825 PRO - PXI 6.0 | Mizuno MPT-11 - 52/56/60 | Taylormade Spider Blade

Quote Originally Posted by BroKar View Post
    Watching this, got a question for the guys that have had lessons and also the guys who went to the clinic, how have you found the takeaway, its the complete opposite to conventional with the turn in, how have you guys gone since making the changes>?
    Not sure that you could say that I have really made the changes, still very much a work in progress. I already had the half moon action, so I just focus at this stage on taking the hands straight back till they can go no further, and then it feels like the turn in and up just happens. It is a bit of a weird feeling at first. The challenge is to continue the wind up as the body started turning back towards the ball to build the power and release. I have found "turn the body towards the target" the most enlightening part so far. It is so much easier to get back to the ball and accurately. I feel my ball striking has improved just from this part alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gazgolf1 View Post
    Purchased
    Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Downloading it as I posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKar View Post
    downloading now
    Well?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Well?
    +1

???

I can't do it.

in principle it all looks awesome, the issue for me is it is a massive swing change in my opinion and I am not sure if I want to make it, I have been to the range twice this week to try and introduce parts and I am walking away more confused.

I guess the hard part for me is the way it has been explained I just dont see that happening in there swings, I am not the best and telling what a person is doing in the swing anyway but I just dont see it.

What are you trying to do Bro? Is it a top of backswing position where the left wrist is flat, the right wrist is bent back on itself and the both wrists are hinged back on to the thumbs?
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Ray -not even close. I dont think one could even describe it. Marty has himself said often, he doesn't teach positions, like in your question.
    Watch the trailer here, and you will either be intrigued or not
    --
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    What are you trying to do Bro? Is it a top of backswing position where the left wrist is flat, the right wrist is bent back on itself and the both wrists are hinged back on to the thumbs?
    Watch this Ray.

http://www.youtube.com/user/interpau.../2/eRyHGUVxgfo

OK...looks to be a contortion of the right wrist to keep the right elbow touching the shaft plane and keep the elbows together. It is a plane thing, I'm guessing.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

I dont think so.,and you definitely wont ever guess. Nobody has taught this before.
    --
    Handy-Cap

I'll reserve judgement on this one, Blakey. Elk has a conventional top of the swing position with the shaft being supported by the left thumb and he is always on plane. I don't get it.

Mate, i went to the live lesson from the man in person, and I dont get it.
    But hey, i failed fingerpainting too

(i will by tomorrow though, getting a lesson from my mate doug, who got it)
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 10th March 2011 at 09:46 PM.
    --
    Handy-Cap

I'm getting it now. - watching the video.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Razaar let me know when you are up at the club and ill try and show you, I can show people how it works but cant put it in my swing, I was working on the range the other day with Alan the trainee pro, and he was going over it aswell as he has seen it and it just doesnt seem to suit me.

I find this video on the take away pretty crucial to getting to the right position.

Blog Entries

Part 1 of the LA Clinic is pretty useful too..

Thread Information