Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    We are going to run out of places to play here in the Rad.
    Some of the Interstaters come because they just want to play different tracks. Some come just to have a good time.

Eventually we may need to play Belair and Marion Park as our options. Do we really want that?
    Don't forget North Lakes, Mawson Lakes and Regency Park if your going to do those other 2
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Nope.

You guys play the tracks you want to play. It is your anal get together after all!!

Whingers can please themselves if they choose to make the trip or not.
    They do need to learn to show a little bit of humility, being VISITORS to your fine country
    Last edited by Lagerlover; 8th December 2017 at 04:55 PM.
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

If we don't get interstaters coming, we may get a 5 person shootout the way it is heading.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    If we don't get interstaters coming, we may get a 5 person shootout the way it is heading.
    How would you divvy up the groups, 1x4 and 1x Chilled?

If we go to MG - Port Fairy is another 2 hours - but WELL worth the drive!

Having had very little/nothing to do with the courses in those areas, having only played Berri, (good course), and Barmera, (crap course), if you guys want to run with it for SA Champs then it is all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
    Having had very little/nothing to do with the courses in those areas, having only played Berri, (good course), and Barmera, (crap course), if you guys want to run with it for SA Champs then it is all yours.
    IMO Limestone Coast would be a better option than Riverland and better logistics wise for the interstaters (being that you can get a direct flight from Melbourne to Gambie) accomodation is plentiful and very affordable plus they have some of the best steak in the country at the Barn should the budget permit for all the ozgolfers

I suggest perhaps we put on the table a Loxton open trip in late July, it's a two day event but options to play just the one day and combine it therefore with Waikerie.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    If we go to MG - Port Fairy is another 2 hours - but WELL worth the drive!
    Port Fairy is absolutely worth the drive

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
    Berri, (good course)
    ROFL, surely you are kidding.

Is he kidding??

Was better than Barmera, only two played so that’s the comparo. 🖕
    Last edited by nadg63; 12th December 2017 at 01:26 PM.

That must have been back in the 1920's

Evening crew. New poster here - I am Adelaide based and am fairly new to the game. Found myself genuinely hooked and me and a couple of mates are looking to sign up somewhere in the next year. Want a decent course but not so hooked that want to pay premium dollar. Needs to be in reasonable proximity to Adelaide - we are all in the goodwood area so just south of the city. I note that my Osmond gets a mention but not too much chatter - any reason for this? Is it too pricey? Too much traffic? Course issues? The fact that it’s not the vines which seems to get big wraps?!? Would be interested to know as location wise mosmond is the most suitable!

Hey trewoods.

For the price of Mt. Osmond there are several better options for the price. Blackwood, Flagstaff Hill, Vines, all Tier 2 courses around 1/2 hr drive or so.
    7 Day membership would be around the $2000 - $2100 mark at the clubs mentioned above. 5 and 6 day obviously less.

I'm a 7 day member of the Vines and you could say my views are blurred.
    We have a flexi membership at the Vines which attracts a lot of people. $500 for 100 points. 12 points for a Saturday, 9 points (I Think) for a Sunday, Wednesday 8 or 9 points (I think again) and other weekdays are 5 points. If you run out of points you can top up. Only downfall is that bookings for flexi members is 3 days prior where full members are 10 days before playing.
    Of course this is an option if you are looking for a Sunday game once a month. Nadg and Coalesce are Flexi members, so they would probably know a bit more about it than me.

With the courses mentioned above and if you are a full member, 5,6,7 day, you also get a Club Advantage card. This allows you to play at the following courses 3 times a year at no cost: Vines, Blackwood, Flagstaff Hill, Mt. Osmond, West Lakes and Tea Tree Gully.

Walk into a few Pro Shops and say you are interested in joining. If the Pro is worth their weight they would introduce you to the Captain, President or Manager and they should give you a free game to check if you like it or not.

Welcome aboard and keep an eye out in the 1st tee thread for local games.

Good Luck with your search.
    Last edited by wazamac; 13th December 2017 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trewoods View Post
    Evening crew. New poster here - I am Adelaide based and am fairly new to the game. Found myself genuinely hooked and me and a couple of mates are looking to sign up somewhere in the next year. Want a decent course but not so hooked that want to pay premium dollar. Needs to be in reasonable proximity to Adelaide - we are all in the goodwood area so just south of the city. I note that my Osmond gets a mention but not too much chatter - any reason for this? Is it too pricey? Too much traffic? Course issues? The fact that it’s not the vines which seems to get big wraps?!?
    That is because a few of their members are members on this forum too. No visible members from Mt Osmond on this forum, that I know of. Nothing wrong with Mt Osmond, some don't like it because it's more about control and accuracy (and somewhat hilly) to make up for it's relative shortness in length. It's a heck of a lot more interesting than some of the other tier two courses, with some fantastic on course vistas of Adelaide. My only criticism is that it gets a bit gluggy in winter, so pretty much for 4-6 months of the year I won't visit there.

Anyways, they (the 6 tier two courses) are all probably around about the same price. If I were in your situation it would probably come down to a few things, proximity to the course, but how much I liked the course moreso. Go out to each one (of the ones reasonably close to you) and have a hit, see which one you like. Personally I don't think Blackwood is that much of a stretch proximity wise, and that would be my pick of clubs out of the tier 2's.

Dr tre, welcome..

Re: MO - a good members course but overpriced IMO for what it is

My recommendation would be Blackwood for layout or if you're a condition freak then The Vines

Either of those will provide a good membership

All comes down to what you value in a golf course - a good question to ask yourself is what particular elements you enjoy the most; it is a very important question

I enjoy Tanunda because I love the layout, its affordable (meaning I don't feel like I have to play every week) and if I don't feel like putting on the Sunday best I can rock up in a t-shirt and shorts and nobody will judge me

Blackwood have a current special on atm.
    Pay for a year now and get the remainder of this current year for free (4 months)

SOLD! very good deal

Plus yesterday they had further discounts if you were joining with friends but those posts are since deleted from their facebook page. I think it was something along the lines of scraping the $50 application fee and 1-4 lessons each with their PGA pro depending on how many people sign up at once.

A quick calculation on their $2077 (7 day) membership equates to almost $700 worth of membership for free.

EXCEPTIONAL DEAL! If you're serious about joining with a couple mates, it will be hard for the other clubs to top this offer.
    Last edited by Wenz; 15th December 2017 at 11:30 AM.

Wouldn't forget about Thaxted Park, cheapest 7 day membership of any course mentioned and excceptional condition now, not to mention the effort put in recently with new holes...

Thaxted still has a solid 1 & 1/2 to 2 years left of work to do.

I was seriously thinking of going back but after what they did to Jay and the timeline for finishing stopped me.

I'd forget about it and keep driving on to Mt Compass if driving any further than The Vines.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Kind Carey View Post
    Wouldn't forget about Thaxted Park, cheapest 7 day membership of any course mentioned and excceptional condition now, not to mention the effort put in recently with new holes...

Are you related to Gentle Carey??

IMG_0502.JPG

Looks like Mt Osmond are running a similar special.
    Screenshot_2017-12-16-08-26-03-84.jpg

Money off goes towards entrance fee where applicable.

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated. Will give those courses a crack. The trump card for my Osmond is how much closer it is than Blackwood and others! Agree it comes down to what I like so will have a bash and weigh it up. Club advantage card sounds like a great initiative - do those on here that have the card us it much to play the other courses?

Hi guys

New to the forum (and the game). I started playing about 6 months ago and can't get enough. I have a question though. As yet I'm not a member anywhere, but in the next 6-12 months I plan on joining somewhere. I live in the Western Suburbs so am close to all the top courses but currently don't have the time to play enough to justify the prices. My question is, is the price difference between say Grange and West lakes justified? I've played West Lakes a couple of times and enjoy it enough but I don't love it. I know there are plenty of courses down south that are nice and cheaper again than say a west lakes, so are they better value? A little confused at this stage...

Thread Information