Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
I played it many years ago and there was a Pro-shop - I was about to tee off when the shop person came running out going off about me needing a sand bucket; at the time I used a carry bag with a custom made sand carrier in the drinks pocket so upon pointing this out said person went off red faced and apologising

As for Barmera Hard_Pan it would need to - it was shite when I layed there the once (same trip as the Berri visit)
Can you recall if that Pro Shop was on the Club House side attached to the main building or the stand alone hut on the opposite side of the Putting Green?
In my time there was a small room off the main building above the Putting Green that was the match committee room. If they took out the internal wall between the match committee office and what used the be comp entry bench and Handicap Board foyer I could see that being a small Pro Shop.
I wonder if it was the Golf Club or the Hotel running it. Bet they found out quickly there was no money to be made selling anything else other than drinks, balls and tees.