Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    He’d probably still go back to RA to practice

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

As if.... no-one would be that cheap
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
    Oh noes.....looks like Royal Adelaide just lost one of it's Pro's to Kooyonga
    The 2nd to go in my time, John used to be at RA also
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Not too sure about that one, I think he likes our set up.

Daniel has been the main teaching professional at Royal Adelaide Golf Club for the last 5 years and was attracted to our golf academy, state of the art technology and growth opportunities at Kooyonga.

Are you going to have a lesson with him Chilled?

Just played Links Lady Bay on the weekend with some mates, course looking fantastic and greener than usual, or perhaps we just normally play it in the height of summer

Greens must had been cored recently, ball was bobbling all over the place. Bit disappointing. They seem to have cleared quite a bit of scrub and trees around some of the holes on the back nine. Other than that course is how I remember it, fantastic as always.

That douche still in the pro shop which is surprising, thought they would have dumped him already.

Fees now up to $49 (from $42), comp fee $8 and small bucket of balls $10. At those prices I'll only be going once a year.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Played Lady Boy the weekend before last. (As my new avatar shows), We rented a townhouse right on the 9th fairway which was really good because you could go out and have a chip and putt around the 7th and 8th til dark without anyone noticing. It was dead calm each day, sunny and warm.

Yes the greens were cored but I only had issues with the first few holes after that they weren't that bad.

Most annoying was that the water over the fairway on the 7th. I hit my second shot over that mound about half way down and left of the lake, to what I presumed was fairway only to find water right across the fairway at about where my ball would have landed. What made it even more annoying was a I could see a ball right in the middle so I took my shoes and socks off, waded in only to find it wasn't my ball.

Didn't notice the price hike. I told the guy in the pro shop I was staying on the course and he gave me a round of 18 and a cart for $80.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Pan View Post
    Played Lady Boy the weekend before last. (As my new avatar shows), We rented a townhouse right on the 9th fairway which was really good because you could go out and have a chip and putt around the 7th and 8th til dark without anyone noticing. It was dead calm each day, sunny and warm.

Yes the greens were cored but I only had issues with the first few holes after that they weren't that bad.

Most annoying was that the water over the fairway on the 7th. I hit my second shot over that mound about half way down and left of the lake, to what I presumed was fairway only to find water right across the fairway at about where my ball would have landed. What made it even more annoying was a I could see a ball right in the middle so I took my shoes and socks off, waded in only to find it wasn't my ball.

Didn't notice the price hike. I told the guy in the pro shop I was staying on the course and he gave me a round of 18 and a cart for $80.00.
    HP: one of the worst holes on the course, found out if you hit it over the mounds left (near the road) the lies are pretty good and you have a clear shot to the green with no water impeding you

There was water on the 7th? Oh, I must have missed it when I was aiming for the green in two. If that water was in play then you're doing it wrong.

There was water on the 7th? Oh, I must have missed it when I was aiming for the green in two
    Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 9.41.06 am.jpg

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

There was water on the 7th? Oh, I must have missed it when I was aiming for the green in two. If that water was in play then you're doing it wrong.

We are talking about the same course, aren't we??

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Pan View Post
    Attachment 48487

We are talking about the same course, aren't we??
    Going by that picture I think by the time we arrived the water had receded a bit. So it would depend on where exactly that water was in your picture. When we played it even as a three shot hole the water wasn't in play.

But as I said, you're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Chilled; 24th October 2018 at 05:46 PM.

I've got time for about 3 rounds of golf in Adelaide shortly. What would be the top 3 I should play (never played in Adelaide before)?
    I'm a sucker for pretty views and elevation changes.

Elevation and pretty = Kooyonga (as long as Chilled doesn't interrupt the prettiness)

Don't bother with flat boring Royal Adelaide, it doesn't know what the word elevation means.

Member Club Pro

12th at RA is hugely elevated!! Lol
    Taylormade M2 - Tour AD GT6S
    Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 3 wood - Matrix HD7
    Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 5 wood - Matrix HD7
    Wilson Staff V4 Utility 3 iron - Kuro Kage Hybrid shaft
    Wilson Staff V6 irons 4 - PW - DG S300 AMT
    Wilson Staff PMP Wedges - 52* and 58*
    Odyssey Black Tour Series no 9 putter

Senior Member Major Winner

Go the best 3 in town. RA, Glenelg and Grange West.

If RA isn't hilly enough, go the next best. Mt Compass.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Go the best 3 in town. RA, Glenelg and Grange West.
    Australian golf rankings disagree with your assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    If RA isn't hilly enough, go the next best. Mt Compass.
    Bwuhahahahaha.

Junior Member Plays with an ex-hire set

The Dunes at Port Hughes is mint at the moment. Greens are now great after being poisoned by salt 18 months ago. Greg Norman designed. It is only 9 holes but never get bored having dramatically different pin positions and the wind usually changes by the time you get to the second nine.

Going to play Tanunda Pines soon after hearing good reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber55 View Post
    Going to play Tanunda Pines soon after hearing good reports.
    Bomber: Tanunda is in top shape at the moment; my last game was two weeks ago. Coring sand was almost completely gone, greens almost ready to be cut super tight/fast

Send me a PM when you want a game and happy to host you at a members guest green fee (save you about $15) We also have a fantastic twilight 9 holer Friday nights where they put on a really good chef. For $22 you can get a rump steak that is actually cooked to the way you order it!

Local members are very friendly and always up for a chin wag as well, plus if your into wine you might meet some famous ppl!
    Last edited by thecollective; 28th November 2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: sh*t grammar

Junior Member Plays with an ex-hire set

Thanks for the offer. I have just bought one of those golf deals and hope to get there with a mate next week. I will let you know after fixing a date. We have about a two hour drive so will be mid morning. I do like the odd red, maybe one before and after if driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber55 View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I have just bought one of those golf deals and hope to get there with a mate next week. I will let you know after fixing a date. We have about a two hour drive so will be mid morning. I do like the odd red, maybe one before and after if driving.
    If you have purchased one of the golf deals probably best you use that for an 18 hole round, but by all means if you want to add the 9 hole twilight shoot me a PM

Senior Member Major Winner

Australian golf rankings disagree with your assessment.

Bwuhahahahaha.
    They also rate the Australian, Nash Old, and Hamilton Island, so I didn't have a lot of faith in their ranking ability.

Didn't they try this a number of times before?

Chinese property investor acquires Wirrina Cove resort, with plans to lure Chinese golfers to the region

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busin...afffc107f64485

Didn't they try this a number of times before?

Chinese property investor acquires Wirrina Cove resort, with plans to lure Chinese golfers to the region

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busin...afffc107f64485
    Yes it has changed hands multiple times; some investing millions on upgrading facilities to no avail

Currently the place has over-priced accommodation and is operated by a couple who are stingy about everything, you can stay at Links Lady Bay for about 30% less with newer facilities and better golf

The bones of the golf course are quite good; the land is undulating and the soil quality is ideal. With some investment you could re-design it to be a good course, not sure though if it would be better than Lady Boy or Mt Compass

The building is very dated, even with the refit; its gonna take alot of cash to turn the site around and start taking customers off of Lady Bay
    Last edited by thecollective; 29th November 2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spellcheck

Thread Information